Hundreds Of Black Women In Georgia Will Get $850 Per Month In Guaranteed Income

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I think the idea is that if a man was present, he’d be the $850/mo. Why do y’all want men to be present in households they can’t/don’t contribute financially to?
:picard: Mercenary. So, if a man is laid off or up skilling, his woman should kick him out immediately??

Cap. This is another divide and conquer tactic just like welfare was. Remember when they gave black women assistance when there WASNT a man in the house? Same shyt, different toilet

Oh and black women got to that point because their fathers/husbands/brothers/sons were economically attacked after the civil rights era. Remember when the leaders were killed/jailed/exiled? Or when they were jailing black men for longer periods than other races for the same crimes? Remember the “crack era”? There was a plan to KEEP the black man from leading. Don’t call it “jealousy” without addressing that
:ufdup::hubie:
There was definitely a plan, yeah, but then what? Bm were effectively locked out of the job market.... so bw and children should starve and be homeless? Come now.

There's a shelter full of Mexicans a few blocks away, but you can only sleep there if you're a woman or child. So their men, the husbands and fathers, sleep right outside in parked cars. You see them reuniting in the morning.

Why didnt the black community work the system to our advantage? :jbhmm:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:picard: Mercenary. So, if a man is laid off or up skilling, his woman should kick him out immediately??

No ma'am I did not say that. As it pertains to this program, I feel if two people were contributing financially to the household, their combined incomes wouldn't be near poverty level, making them ineligible.

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
UBI is basically opium. Once you get addicted to it. :francis:

Also, this will further the implosion of the black family, which will sink black people into a more stable state of collective poverty.

Cash Money fantasies conquering your vision?

If no Basic Income, over 150 million people will starve to death in the near future :wow:
No necessarily. There are other solution, but UBI is there to make sure people don't look for those solutions.

Last edited:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
I’m sorry I don’t believe in giving free money to people. The welfare system is a perfect example of people who stay on welfare because they don’t want to lose their handout.

I believe in access to opportunity and if they are given this money it should be monitored to make sure it’s going towards bills and groceries.

Don’t care about the negative feedback.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
UBI is basically opium. Once you get addicted to it. :francis:

Also, this will further the implosion of the black family, which will sink black people into a more stable state of collective poverty.

No necessarily. There are other solution, but UBI is there to make sure people don't look for those solutions.

can you cite any sources for your claims?

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I’m sorry I don’t believe in giving free money to people. The welfare system is a perfect example of people who stay on welfare because they don’t want to lose their handout.

I believe in access to opportunity and if they are given this money it should be monitored to make sure it’s going towards bills and groceries.

Don’t care about the negative feedback.

what don't you understand about no-strings attached or unconditional? :gucci:

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
HeadShot-250x250.jpg

I got sidetracked too lol

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly bouls, Trust the Process
When will y’all admit you just hate women :mjlol: come out the closet already because a lot of y’all are clearly not fans :dame:

this sounds like a great development :wow:

happy for them, praying they don’t fumble the bag because the results of something like this could impact future legislation and expand programs like these further

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
It’s crazy how universal basic income has picked up steam. Just five years ago this would have been considered a fringe theory now with certain cities in California, this program and Andrew Yang rise it’s definitely here to stay.

Nice to see
it's not a good sign

with the exuberant constantly rising cost of living being out of sync plus inflation bodying income it's becoming a reality because the alternative is a failed society.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Weird, I thought the coli wanted reparations? :jbhmm:

This isn't even a smidgen of what reparations could look like and we are up in arms about 850 USD a month because it will create more broken homes? Never said it before but every single person mad at this hates women.

:what:

how u gonna make a reparations analogy - when this program ONLY caters to 1 gender

:snoop: