How y’all feel about the MetaVerse shyt?

Genos

Superstar
Daps
I'm just going to copy what I posted in the Arcanum

The environmental scanning tech in vr will eventually lead to a 3d printing revolution. Starting with LIDAR capable headsets like apples next headset, people will start scanning real world items and 3d printing them out.

Like how Napster piracy fueled mp3 player sales, which fueled investment, that lead to the smartphone; real world "piracy" will lead to more investment into vr, which will lead to better tech, which will lead to smaller form factors.

Unlike holding a smartphone, which would be obvious that someone is scanning your shyt. Small form factor vr/ar transitioning glasses will be hard to detect. This will boost 3d printer sales and investment and bridge the gap more between what we have now in 3d printing and the end goal. Rearranging atoms to make any shape you want.

However you do not need perfect atomic construction to make massive changes. People will soon start printing clothes, cars, weapons, and all sorts of stuff. And as regular nikkas will be able to print out high level tech, test it, and have others on the internet test and make adjustments, humanity is going to level up insanely in the upcoming years.

Being able to transition in and out of the metaverse quickly, and being able to bring items into and out of the metaverse quickly will be an integral part of humanity and maybe human expression as as new instruments and technology will be coming out insanely fast.

Its an incredible time to be alive, a new frontier for humanity

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
Like I said, Big Tech is investing in all of this heavily (Microsoft, Apple, Google, Facebook, Etc)… basically the guys that have the most influence and power with the internet and Information Technology

I personally don’t think it’s going anywhere and neither is covid.

In RP1, a lot of disasters happened that got their society to that point too. Granted, in the movie shyt was like 2040 when it was common in society and I think it will be the same here.

It was beginning to pick up steam all the way back when everyone was using AR to play Pokemon imo. I’m glad I put my little sister in the AR game though.

What is the name of the movie

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
Btw… I was playing Among Us in VR chat and that shyt was hilarious…

Also, I boxed and i never felt as tired in my life trying to knock dude out. After 3 rounds I literally quit collapsed on my living room floor :mjlol:

Ive meditated on tropical islands without dealing with traffic or other peoples bullshyt, done Tai Chi, etc. VR been around but it’s being taken serious now and everyone from Google, Facebook, and Apple are getting into the game… all the people that basically run the internet.

The technology is catching up. Quantum computing will be a major thing in less than 30 years imo. People will be colonizing space, etc.

We’re only in Web 2.0 now… Web 3.0 gonna be life changing

How did you get into this space? Did you buy a VR device?

TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Veteran
Verified
Supporter
Daps
I ain’t finna live in no virtual reality but at the end of the day there’s gonna be money in this shyt. So at the end of the day, don’t shun or shy away from it. Become familiar and invest in the meta verse cryptos and start learning how to create,market and sell NFTs.

Dont think of it from the perspective of oh man all these dorks are gonna never leave the house and stay stuck in a virtual reality. Instead focus on how to make bread from it. I’ve already invested in MANA and SAND, and am looking into NFTs now. I’ve been in Africa the last few weeks and all my little cousins are talking non stop about NFTs.

100% this

Bone Bender

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If the virtual reality technology from SAO ever becomes a reality, aint nobody going outside anymore.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sounds corny to me..

Like I'm not actually in Jerusalem or Brazil forest as a jaguar because it's not reality.
:unimpressed:

I don't want to be Lebron James In The meta verse because when I take the glasses off I'm still 5'10 and not a damn NBA STAR.
:unimpressed:

Lol exactly. They trying to make the movie Ready Player One a reality and that shyt will be so depressing. Catfishing bout to at an all time high. Therapists about to eat

Daps
i can think of some applications for it like shopping (be able to try shyt on without leaving the house), therapy, gambling, filmmaking (simulate scenes before you shoot them), education, dating.

imagine a virutal version of def comedy jam? you put on the googles and you in the club and it's random amateur comedians from around the country performing. The virtual audience votes on who is the best and that can translate into real life clout / fame
I think these are good ideas especially in Entertainment

Imagine Netflix dropping a Chappele special (in 10 years lol) and u could virtually attend and be in the venue even if its taped already

Or being able to sit in virtual movie theaters for a movie premiere