How y’all feel about the MetaVerse shyt?

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
How do you like it Breh? Is it worth the purchase?
Honestly…. I love it

Sometimes I’m afraid of putting it on because I might spend too much time in it.

I had a PSVR awhile ago but it was so bulky and limited. Like needing the whole PS4 to me was bullshyt, needing to be infront of the cam, all the wires, etc. still fun but kinda gimmicky.

I was hesitant about getting one until this chick I used to like was telling me how she gets high and just would be floating in space doing nothing.. just laying on her bed zoned out.

Then I saw old dudes youtube videos online with him doing hilarious shyt in Star Wars games and whatever and it got more interesting to me.

One day I’m thinking of copping the vest. I got mines on sale (supposedly) through Amazon during the holidays. Only thing is it might be boring alone. Me and homegirl fell out (one of the people in the Law Of Attraction threads) and my other homie has one but we haven’t linked yet.

My lil sister is in college to become an AR programmer. I told her I bought one (because she’s my literal twin) and she got excited because she did too.

Apple is coming out with one this year too supposedly and it will most likely be better than Quest. Soney is coming out with too but I’m passing on it. I’m not trying to be hooked up to that big ass refrigerator trying to play.

shyt is slick man

Last edited:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I think these are good ideas especially in Entertainment

Imagine Netflix dropping a Chappele special (in 10 years lol) and u could virtually attend and be in the venue even if its taped already

Or being able to sit in virtual movie theaters for a movie premiere
The netflix app literally puts you in this fancy looking apartment thing with like a 180” TV to watch it on.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Id go far as to say its a scam. Why would you want walk through trinity college in ireland on vr when you can have the actual experience in person?
Or you could do both…

Tour it online and go foreal (the whole premise of RP1 was to log out the virtual world).

But people need to realize, we’re already doing half the Metaverse shyt NOW. Gaming tournaments, forums, online schooling, etc.

Imagine you got to attend a class but instead of logging into Zoom or Microsoft Teams you just show up in VR. Instead of PowerPoint homie is in VR writing on a board or teaching his lecture.

It’s literally just a next step in the internet if you believe in it.

Web 1.0 was basically not being able to interact with the internet. Just being able to read pages, messages, etc.

Web 2.0 is what we are in now… basically users being able to interact with the internet and even create money off it. Making Youtube videos and uploading them, creating blogs, etc.

Look at that Jake Paul clown… literally became a millionaire by creating youtube content.

Web 3.0 is literally unknown but it’s evolution

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Why would you ever have a conversation on the internet when you can have one in person?
The same reason we’re having a conversation here

When Zuck launched his Metaverse platform thing I decided to try it out.

shyt was literally like The Coli.. I saw trolls, hood nikkas clowning them, etc. i would just go over and listen and be like :mjlol:

A lot of weirdos meeting up in one spot. White conspiracy theories and etc. The movement in his app is a lil clunky but I looked at it as a step in the right direction. People got to remember that RP1 was based like 20-30 years into the future from where we are now. I think the “Oasis” was launched in 2022 which is why I feel FB launched its stuff last year imo. In 20-30 years Metaverse is gonna look like :wow:

But if you had ever been in VRchat then it won’t be nothing TOO new to you

Genos

Superstar
Daps
The same reason we’re having a conversation here

When Zuck launched his Metaverse platform thing I decided to try it out.

shyt was literally like The Coli.. I saw trolls, hood nikkas clowning them, etc. i would just go over and listen and be like :mjlol:

A lot of weirdos meeting up in one spot. White conspiracy theories and etc. The movement in his app is a lil clunky but I looked at it as a step in the right direction. People got to remember that RP1 was based like 20-30 years into the future from where we are now. I think the “Oasis” was launched in 2022 which is why I feel FB launched its stuff last year imo. In 20-30 years Metaverse is gonna look like :wow:

But if you had ever been in VRchat then it won’t be nothing TOO new to you
I was just showing that poster how that logic of doing things in real life doesn't apply to the post internet world. I been a VR head for 7 years now. If you haven't gone to the VR thread in the arcadium you should check it out

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Id go far as to say its a scam. Why would you want walk through trinity college in ireland on vr when you can have the actual experience in person?

Because it's timely and costly to travel internationally :gucci:

Why watch tv when you can go to every sports event live
Why play call of duty when you can go to a warzone

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps