How y’all feel about the MetaVerse shyt?

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
A shorty I follow on snapchat been making stories on how fun it is.

I'd grab an oculus to check it out but honestly I have a PS5, Series X and a gaming PC and I barely game lol.

so no point.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Honestly… I’m watching RP1 now because of this thread. I half assed watched it 4 years ago but mainly for the nostalgia, but all of this shyt makes sense now.

Like buying property in VR… it didn’t mean shyt to me back then and didn’t make sense when I heard people talking about it now but dude said something in the movie that clicked..

There was a guy that owned a planet in VR (basically a piece of the metaverse) and its where main guy in the story was purchasing all his shyt after he won a race and some of it was real, sent to his house. Thats what they mean by owning real estate in the metaverse. I’m sure whoever owns that probably gets a percentage of things sold. So making money in the metaverse that translates into money IRL

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
i can think of some applications for it like shopping (be able to try shyt on without leaving the house), therapy, gambling, filmmaking (simulate scenes before you shoot them), education, dating.

imagine a virutal version of def comedy jam? you put on the googles and you in the club and it's random amateur comedians from around the country performing. The virtual audience votes on who is the best and that can translate into real life clout / fame

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
Its kinda like along the lines of ready player one imo… or the beginning of it.

Thing is, some of it will be able to transfer into real life i think. I already know there’s going to be gambling.. there’s also going to be trading of goods and services that will be able to be redeemed, etc.

I think for now it’s going to be more collaborative. And game based.

Like imagine you’re in a forum like this… except its virtual with almost realistic avatars (similar to how we use avi’s). And imagine all your avatars are in a theater watching a real football or basketball game with thousands of people around the US, able to bet currency and “tokens” live.

or lets say you horse racing in a virtual world except you have to raise that fukker likes its a real horse, then you buy in to put it in a race against other people and you’re sitting in that vr world live watching your horse race for crypto

Not to sound like a conspiracy breh, but you know, the fact that COVID made everyone (or at least most people) stay at home for quite some time allowed for something like this to occur. With everyone's eyes on the internet now, a lot of these ideas are able to gain steam. Before, most people would say "Why would I use the Metaverse or VR for events when I can just go in person? :aicmon:" Now it's more accepted because people can't be out and about as usual if COVID is an issue. And if we're eventually going to "live with COVID"... I suppose this is one possible avenue of the world doing so.

Food delivery services were known prior to 2020 and were used often, but those businesses must've had a HUGE boom in service and revenue once March-April 2020 came. Then cyptocurrency was introduced into the mainstream last year after the GameStop stuff happened. After that, businesses started introducing NFTs. And while many people dislike the concept due to environmental issues and no real obvious gain to them owning it, all of this technology is here to stay.

Once it's affordable and most businesses jump into the VR game, it'll be the new frontier for everyone. It probably won't be for a good while though, so there's plenty of time for people to get warmed up to the idea and companies to make platforms that utilize this properly. Think about the amount of virtual concerts that could start happening, movie premieres, sports games... Blockchain technology might be the start of all of this. But, they need to find an eco-friendly way to manage and maintain all of this, otherwise people will not only reject it, but we're going to continue facing climate change issues without proper solutions.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Not to sound like a conspiracy breh, but you know, the fact that COVID made everyone (or at least most people) stay at home for quite some time allowed for something like this to occur. With everyone's eyes on the internet now, a lot of these ideas are able to gain steam. Before, most people would say "Why would I use the Metaverse or VR for events when I can just go in person? :aicmon:" Now it's more accepted because people can't be out and about as usual if COVID is an issue. And if we're eventually going to "live with COVID"... I suppose this is one possible avenue of the world doing so.

Food delivery services were known prior to 2020 and were used often, but those businesses must've had a HUGE boom in service and revenue once March-April 2020 came. Then cyptocurrency was introduced into the mainstream last year after the GameStop stuff happened. After that, businesses started introducing NFTs. And while many people dislike the concept due to environmental issues and no real obvious gain to them owning it, all of this technology is here to stay.

Once it's affordable and most businesses jump into the VR game, it'll be the new frontier for everyone. It probably won't be for a good while though, so there's plenty of time for people to get warmed up to the idea and companies to make platforms that utilize this properly. Think about the amount of virtual concerts that could start happening, movie premieres, sports games... Blockchain technology might be the start of all of this. But, they need to find an eco-friendly way to manage and maintain all of this, otherwise people will not only reject it, but we're going to continue facing climate change issues without proper solutions.
Like I said, Big Tech is investing in all of this heavily (Microsoft, Apple, Google, Facebook, Etc)… basically the guys that have the most influence and power with the internet and Information Technology

I personally don’t think it’s going anywhere and neither is covid.

In RP1, a lot of disasters happened that got their society to that point too. Granted, in the movie shyt was like 2040 when it was common in society and I think it will be the same here.

It was beginning to pick up steam all the way back when everyone was using AR to play Pokemon imo. I’m glad I put my little sister in the AR game though.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
I ain’t finna live in no virtual reality but at the end of the day there’s gonna be money in this shyt. So at the end of the day, don’t shun or shy away from it. Become familiar and invest in the meta verse cryptos and start learning how to create,market and sell NFTs.

Dont think of it from the perspective of oh man all these dorks are gonna never leave the house and stay stuck in a virtual reality. Instead focus on how to make bread from it. I’ve already invested in MANA and SAND, and am looking into NFTs now. I’ve been in Africa the last few weeks and all my little cousins are talking non stop about NFTs.