How yall feel about Ta-Nehisi Coates ?

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Also, the first country he and his wife visited after they got their passports was France, which IMO is very telling.

It's not too surprising. France has been bigged up heavy to the minds of many Americans. Add the history that black Americans have in particular with France (many black Americans left the US to go there) and its not surprising that Coates and others end up having France as their first international destination.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
He nt only ruined the Black Panther character in comics but he is one of those comfortable black centrists.

What did he do to the Black Panther?

He's pushing this neoliberal anti-black male agenda on the comics. Basically emasculating the Black Panther while focusing on black female lesbianism. He also turned Wakanda from one of the wealthiest nations to a stereotypical African nation that is filled with rape. I don't read comics like that anymore but many fans of Black Panther been ripping him to shreds.

:whew: Thank god.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
He nt only ruined the Black Panther character in comics but he is one of those comfortable black centrists.

What did he do to the Black Panther?

He's pushing this neoliberal anti-black male agenda on the comics. Basically emasculating the Black Panther while focusing on black female lesbianism. He also turned Wakanda from one of the wealthiest nations to a stereotypical African nation that is filled with rape. I don't read comics like that anymore but many fans of Black Panther been ripping him to shreds.

Professor BlackTruth dropped a video on this last night:

Last edited:

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I’d rather hear him speak than read his work. In my opinion he doesn’t get to the point fast enough. Everything is long and drawn out before he gets to the cusp of his arrugument, which I usually agree on.

I think his key for me his ability to relate to both our parents generation & us and that’s rare.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Wakanda strayed from its tradition, its king dabbled a bit too much in the European experience, giving the Europeans the opportunity to wreck havoc on Wakanda. And it ended up in the mess it is today. Pretty much the story of many African countries now. However, the fact that T'Challa is gonna leave (ruined) Wakanda and establish his own galactic empire and set everything right again is worth the journey Coates has BP on.

And Coates has done a good job storytelling. I can't complain.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Wakanda strayed from its tradition, its king dabbled a bit too much in the European experience, giving the Europeans the opportunity to wreck havoc on Wakanda. And it ended up in the mess it is today. Pretty much the story of many African countries now. However, the fact that T'Challa is gonna leave (ruined) Wakanda and establish his own galactic empire and set everything right again is worth the journey Coates has BP on.

And Coates has done a good job storytelling. I can't complain.
Are you kidding? Tchalla is miss-chracterized made unsympathetic and completely out of touch when he's the exact opposite in Hudlin's run. The dude hates Tchalla for reasons unknown.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Are you kidding? Tchalla is miss-chracterized made unsympathetic and completely out of touch when he's the exact opposite in Hudlin's run. The dude hates Tchalla for reasons unknown.

I've never read Hudlin's run. So I'll do that and assess afterwards. I still like Galactic Wakanda as the endgame though.