How Will the Series S Affect Next Gen Multi's and the Series X?

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
kind of hard w/ the Xbox one X and the series S holding it back
Looks at Infinite :scust:
So is the Avengers being held back on X1X, because most of the complaints of framerate issues have been coming from Sony users?

Does it hold PC back? Or any console game for that matter...

XSX is basically a cheaper gaming PC in terms of power... do PC users complain of Xbox titles being held back on PC because of the Xbox

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
who is sasan sepehr...and what game(s) was he a “technical producer” on?

*edit*

ok nvm...seen you mentioned who he and the other guy are...hopefully this is addressed clarified before preorders go up cause I don’t see how this is a problem when it’s being effectively handled now with the differences in the X1X vs the X1S and the PS4 pro vs the PS4

Remedy and COD dev thoughts

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
:mjlol::russ:

this idiot complaining about other people running the forum

There is a reason your ass has a thread creation limit per day
I don't have a limit because that's not a "thing" to do. As in if you fukk up around here you get banned. Somebody had to go out there way to do all that but they did it to an account I wouldn't use once they changed the username from cockmeat sandwich to courtdog. They even saved the name for me but that's neither here nor there :francis:

So get the story straight :ufdup: I didn't even know about the limit, was told. I only noticed I couldn't edit post under that name. How you get mods that mad and not ban you is something I can't tell you but apparently Xbox got nikkaz mad in high places :wow:
@PS4

4k/60 with current gen graphical fidelity (like Halo Infinite). It's a wrap once we move on to 2nd generation titles. On PC you have several targets and if a config doesn't fit, you can raise recommended specs to remove that target/configuration. With the Series S, you have 1 target, so you will *have* to make it fit on that one and it will likely pull everything else down as a result. You're delusional anyway and believe Hellblade 2 will run at native 4k/60 and look like that BS video, so... :manny:

A developer from Remedy had this to say. They're working on an exclusive for MS too (CrossfireX).

So Microsoft according to you made their system just strong enough to barely reach 4k/60 and by the time 2 gen titles hit it'll be too weak. This sounds like progress because not too long ago it was 4k/60 wasn't even gonna happen. Keep moving that goalpost while you talk on subjects you don't know shyt about :banderas:

Even your tweet isn't saying what you think it says, and this is pointed out in the comments directly below it :facepalm: it's hilarious that you think you figured it out but the rest of the technical world isn't saying this. Why isn't that the narrative from day 1? Why would it take you and this unknown to uncover the Xbox secret?

Dead serious, how did you figure this out? You think digital foundry was paid off? Ign, every other major outlet too. I'm just glad you and sasan caught it :whew:

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
kind of hard w/ the Xbox one X and the series S holding it back
Looks at Infinite :scust:
Microsoft seems confident in it's SDK and tools to enable developers to easiy build an experience for the X and scale it down to the S.

It's now up to studios to adapt their processes. Will some cut corners? Of course.

Daps
who is sasan sepehr...and what game(s) was he a “technical producer” on?

*edit*

ok nvm...seen you mentioned who he and the other guy are...hopefully this is addressed clarified before preorders go up cause I don’t see how this is a problem when it’s being effectively handled now with the differences in the X1X vs the X1S and the PS4 pro vs the PS4
you think I trust MS' cross platform ability after the abomination that is Infinite?:hhh:

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
@PS4

4k/60 with current gen graphical fidelity (like Halo Infinite). It's a wrap once we move on to 2nd generation titles. On PC you have several targets and if a config doesn't fit, you can raise recommended specs to remove that target/configuration. With the Series S, you have 1 target, so you will *have* to make it fit on that one and it will likely pull everything else down as a result. You're delusional anyway and believe Hellblade 2 will run at native 4k/60 and look like that BS video, so... :manny:

A developer from Remedy had this to say. They're working on an exclusive for MS too (CrossfireX).

Of course he's going to say this. He's a producer. Everything just got a lot harder for him.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you think I trust MS' cross platform ability after the abomination that is Infinite?:hhh:

in hindsight it seems to be a poor reflection of the devs and not the consoles’ capabilities but I think I’ve mistook the nature of this thread :leostare:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is basically as close to having a high end pc and lower end pc in console form as you can get.

They are essentially the same box, but one with weaker/cheaper/less parts.

Smaller hard drive, no disk drive, weaker gpu, less plastic etc etc...

everything is compatible with each other you essentially turn down the graphics for the S and you are good.

Now I do think that at some point in the future both the S and the 1 aren't going to be able to play the latest greatest but I'm think year 5 and 6...

Also there will def be a mid gen upgrade, Sony essentially has do or they are going to get smoked as time goes on.