How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
*Moderate centralist does not reveal himself to be Bernie sanders in disguise*

:mjcry::sadcam::scust::dwillhuh::mjtf:- highly educated members of higher learning

it’s be funny if the disingenuous nature wasn’t so annoying
I just gotta laugh at this point. I'm not saying that Biden shouldn't be poked and prodded but people in here are acting like anything he's doing is some great surprise. Like what? :heh:

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
:gucci: wow. ok. we might be fukked. :francis:
He's right. House Dems were favored to win seats. Instead they lost seats which is embarrassing. Defend the police is political death and Republicans stuck it on Dems hard.

Biden shut that message down but the rest of the Dems didn't do it in a meaningful way for it to stick.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. We can operate with some nuance and have some view of future precedence here.

I get it, people want Biden to exercise execution action to the limits of his powers because 1. They believe that its the only way thing will get done and 2. A GOP president wouldn't hesitate to do it if needed. However, I'm not going to castigate someone for actually considering where and on what actions qualify as abuse of executive power.

I had a pretty heated discussion over this with a friend and the question was asked "What are we going to do when our guy abuses the rules? Even for a just cause?"

I still don't have an qualified answer for that. I believe my views are just, but most people view their causes as such.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
:mindblown:

McConnell can block it all he wants, MAKE HIM THE BAD GUY! This is what I am saying. There is a bigger picture here, and you all can't see it.

How? Mitch is never going to be the bad guy for Republican voters, and he most certainly doesn't care what Dem voters think.

Nothing Biden says or does is going to change anyone's opinion about McConnell.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I just gotta laugh at this point. I'm not saying that Biden shouldn't be poked and prodded but people in here are acting like anything he's doing is some great surprise. Like what? :heh:

exactly. There is an alarming lack of fínese from some which is unfortunate. Appropriately critiquing someone isn’t the same as lambasting literally every decision he makes. And the implications of such are far reaching and aren’t worth going into detail here because it’s impact is obvious both for supporters of the left and right.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. We can operate with some nuance and have some view of future precedence here.

I get it, people want Biden to exercise execution action to the limits of his powers because 1. They believe that its the only way thing will get done and 2. A GOP president wouldn't hesitate to do it if needed. However, I'm not going to castigate someone for actually considering where and on what actions qualify as abuse of executive power.

I had a pretty heated discussion over this with a friend and the question was asked "What are we going to do when our guy abuses the rules? Even for a just cause?"

I still don't have an qualified answer for that. I believe my views are just, but most people view their causes as such.

well said

How? Mitch is never going to be the bad guy for Republican voters, and he most certainly doesn't care what Dem voters think.

Exactly it’s damn near 2021. The narrative can’t be changed. The narrative depends on your source. You can shout from the mountaintops all you want but if half the country is watching fox or newsmax it doesn’t matter.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
exactly. There is an alarming lack of fínese from some which is unfortunate. Appropriately critiquing someone isn’t the same as lambasting literally every decision he makes. And the implications of such are far reaching and aren’t worth going into detail here because it’s impact is obvious both for supporters of the left and right.

well said

Exactly it’s damn near 2021. The narrative can’t be changed. The narrative depends on your source. You can shout from the mountaintops all you want but if half the country is watching fox or newsmax it doesn’t matter.
You've supported every single one of his choice though.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

The thing is, these things Biden has even promised to do that aren't just Trump rollbacks are under his purview. As Dayen keeps noting, these are existing laws and statutes that the executive branch can enforce.

A good example is that Biden says he's going to buy up electrical vehicles for federal fleet or raise minimum wage for contractors to $15 an hour or he will implement a Buy American rule for federal acquisition (which goes for contractors), and what not... thats in the laws passed by Congress already or the executive branch has that latitude to make those administrative rules.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
LOL come on you're like "BERNIE BRO ALERT" every time some criticizes a pick. I will say you didn't speak on Vilsack, but apparently everyone hates him.
that’s cool, so can you point to where I’ve actually spoken on these picks?

You said I’ve supported them so what exactly did I say?

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

Dems have never tried to make Mitch polarizing. That is what Dems need to do. Make people angry at Mitch.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The thing is, these things Biden has even promised to do that aren't just Trump rollbacks are under his purview. As Dayen keeps noting, these are existing laws and statutes that the executive branch can enforce.

A good example is that Biden says he's going to buy up electrical vehicles for federal fleet or raise minimum wage for contractors to $15 an hour or he will implement a Buy American rule for federal acquisition (which goes for contractors), and what not... thats in the laws passed by Congress already or the executive branch has that latitude to make those administrative rules.
That's fine. He might just do them.

But again, I'm not going to become incensed that someone is actually taking a step back to review.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that’s cool, so can you point to where I’ve actually spoken on these picks?

You said I’ve supported them so what exactly did I say?
At this point I would respect it more if people just said they hated the picks because it’s Biden making them, instead of faking the funk like they actually know about these people before they are given talking points from their favorite media outlets and pundits.

This is not support? What were you saying here then?

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
:mindblown:

McConnell can block it all he wants, MAKE HIM THE BAD GUY! This is what I am saying. There is a bigger picture here, and you all can't see it.
That should be the play but Democrats love to play defense. So we get this instead:
“I also don’t think we should get too far ahead ourselves on dealing with police reform in that, because they’ve already labeled us as being ‘defund the police,’ anything we put forward in terms of the organizational structure to change policing — which I promise you, will occur. Promise you,” Biden said.

I was going to say they only know how to play defense, but they're pretty good at disparaging and pinning the blame on Progressives. Somehow they never want to bring that same energy and messaging against Republicans :unimpressed:

Centrist Democrats have successfully shifted the blame for their losses on to the Progressives and 'defund the police' but they don't can't or don't want to do the same to Republicans. They're more open to reconciliation, bipartisanship and even hugs for them :scust: