How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Bernie blocked Obama appointing people to the board of governors who were anti Post service union and wanted to do similar to add Joy. Biden Admin and most Dems doesn’t care about this as much as the rhetoric.
It's the usual American political cycle, Democrats being complicit in country continuously moving right. Whether it's the more visible egregious policies like abusing Title 42, to deport more asylum seekers than Republicans, to other things they just remain silent on and let become acceptable.

Corporate tax cuts, restricted voting rights, USPS gutting, FEC/net neutrality, fracking, immigration :francis: Democrats normalize these things to the point that HL posters are incredulous to the idea that asylum seekers are allowed to have a hearing :picard:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So all Obama had to do and Biden currently has to do is nominate from liberal to the BOG?

Is there an article explaining exactly what or why Sanders opposed?

Post Office loses another $5.1 billion; Bernie continues to prevent help

This is the best I could find on the fly

Sanders is said to have placed the holds at the request of postal unions, who particularly object to former Postal Board Chairmen Mickey Cochrane and James C. Miller.

Can't find much detail beyond that, but during this period it looks like Bernie def had the support of the union...This one gives a bit of bigger picture on the USPS situation and Bernie's links to it from around that time. The issue I remember most from all this was the prefunding crap, which caused real issues.

Bernie Sanders Addresses Postal Union to Decry USPS Privatization

Mark Dimondstein, APWU’s president, described the atmosphere in the room as Sanders spoke as “electric.”

“People were thrilled, excited,” he said. When introducing Sanders, Dimonstein said, “There is one candidate for president of the United States that stands head and shoulders above the others as a true friend and champion of postal employees and all U.S. workers.”

As a senator, Sanders has proven to be a thorn in the side of other lawmakers looking to assuage the various parochial interests of postal management, unions and customers. Hillary Clinton’s most formidable challenger for the Democratic presidential nomination has said “providing fewer services and poorer quality is not the way to save the Postal Service,” and has spoken out against job cuts at the agency, arguing “good-paying postal jobs” can help protect the middle-class in local economies.

In the last Congress, Sanders introduced the Postal Service Protection Act, which won the support of unions like APWU. The legislation would have completely repealed the prefunding requirement and preserved six-day delivery standards. It also would have reinstated overnight delivery, which would in turn have protected processing plant closures. The bill also attempted to grow revenue by expanding business opportunities at the agency.

Thirty of Sanders’ Democratic Senate colleagues signed on to the bill as cosponsors, who preferred the measure to the bipartisan, USPS-backed bill authored by Sens. Tom Carper, D-Del., and Tom Coburn, R-Okla. Sanders continued his legislative push earlier this year, when he led a coalition of 85 senators in a symbolic vote voicing support for restoring delivery standards that the Postal Service had cut to enable more plant closures. He has also played a key role in blocking President Obama’s nominees to serve on the USPS board of governors over concerns they plan to further degrade USPS services.

Currently, just three of the nine board positions are filled, and the terms of two of those remaining will expire in December.

On Wednesday, Sanders reiterated his call for USPS to expand its offerings beyond just mail and package delivery.

“At a time when more than 68 million lower-income Americans have no bank accounts or are forced to rely on rip-off check-cashing storefronts and payday lenders, allowing the Postal Service to offer these kinds of financial services would be of huge social benefit,” Sanders said.

The 2006 postal law that created prefunding for retiree health benefits also placed restrictions on the agency’s ability to offer non-postal products, though the postal inspector general has argued USPS could move forward with banking services. A new USPS reform bill introduced by Carper last month would give the agency more authority to provide non-postal products.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So only if it's a hostile government, then we should take them in. Not if we broke their country outright and directly caused severe economic and mortal distress throughout the entire country. Because you know, Presidents getting assassinated and protesters and journalists being murdered isn't hostile at all.

Obviously. Otherwise we’d be taking them in. Y’all online nikkas really think y’all know something that government workers don’t.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I said white settler mindset, which you do have.

There are actually a lot of poor and undocumented Russians in this country who no one cares about.

But also, it’s irrelevant. Having a white settler mindset is about thinking “we can’t have people come in because we don’t have enough,” when this is the richest nation ever with a military budget that’s bigger than half the nations on earth’s whole annual spend while also being okay to go and spread around the world, particularly the Americas.
and so can Haitians. Haitians can apply for asylum. Not be told to fukk off without applying.

Like I wrote earlier, I said they can apply for asylum status. What the US is doing is saying they can’t apply for asylum. I really need you to educate yourself on what people are upset about and what international law is on this. You have no idea and I need you to stop speaking like an expert.

Lastly, you need to follow what’s happened in Haiti this summer and the last five year or so. Your post shows you aren’t that aware.

Question. Are you in college? Do you have a real career? Have you ever ran a budget for…anything? Because I have explained things to you ad nauseum and you are not getting it. We should let millions of illegal immigrants in because we spend billions on our armed forces. And somehow we have endless resources when that’s not true for any country especially the U.S. being 21T in debt. Do you hear yourself? You realize military spending actually pays dividends in terms of jobs (i.e. you), projecting our strength worldwide (important), protecting our interests and our allies worldwide (important) and funding an industry that circulates money out into the greater economy (important). Why do you think D.C. is one of the wealthiest cities in the U.S.? And you want to cut that to house millions of illegal immigrants that does what exactly? I can understand cutting spending to fund M4A or free college but for illegal immigrants? Really? The military budget will never be cut in any real material way to fund such nonsense. That’s why you’re on the internet and not in politics. You’d go down to Washington talking that sh*t and you’d be back on the train to wherever you came from the next cycle. That goes back to you being pompous as if there hasn’t been tens of thousands of people in D.C. who have pondered this question before you yet they’ve never drastically cut spending. What don’t they know about the situation that @mastermind from the Coli has figured all out.

Also, I don’t need your lame attempts at explaining things. I get actual reporting from the Post, the Times, etc. They’re much better than you. The lionshare of reporters have called them economic migrants because that’s what they are. You cant claim asylum for being poor. The lionshare of federal officials have called them economic migrants as well. Yet here you go again @mastermind from the Coli thinking you know more than people who do this for a living. You don’t have a firm grasp on what the word “asylum” means. Most of these migrants from Haiti left Haiti YEARS AGO…so how are you going to claim asylum off recent events in Haiti when you weren’t even there. And when said events are shaky at best legally speaking for asylum claims for people who were there. You’d sound like a pure dumbass making these arguments in person with anyone handling these cases. I can see you now calling someone a “white settler” when they ask for proof of someone being persecuted :russ:

Last edited:

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
I guess Biden is a fukking Wizard. :mjlol:
Yep the POTUS is a weak incompetent position and has no ability to get his party to bend to his agenda. It's like you guys completely forget that's exactly what that crazy ass Trump did for 4 years. I do enjoy you guys flipping over backwards trying to prove Biden isnt weak. He is but he's still better than Trump. Which that will be his legacy.

Last edited:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Yep the POTUS is a weak incompetent position and has no ability to get his party to bend to his agenda. It's like you guys completely forget that's exactly what that crazy ass Trump did for 4 years. I do enjoy you guys flipping over backwards trying to prove Biden isnt weak. He is but he's still better than Trump. Which that will be his legacy.
It's like YOU forgot what Trump did over his last four years.

His attempt to overturn Obamacare failed spectacularly.

tenor.gif

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Question. Are you in college? Do you have a real career? Have you ever ran a budget for…anything?
I’m a drug dealer

We should let millions of illegal immigrants in because we spend billions on our armed forces. And somehow we have endless resources when that’s not true for any country especially the U.S. being 21T in debt. Do you hear yourself?
You sound like Pete Peterson.
Why do you think D.C. is one of the wealthiest cities in the U.S.? And you want to cut that to house millions of illegal immigrants that does what exactly?
This is a disturbing excerpt.
You don’t have a firm grasp on what the word “asylum” means. Most of these migrants from Haiti left Haiti YEARS AGO…so how are you going to claim asylum off recent events in Haiti when you weren’t even there.
I had to explain to you what the asylum
Process is. You still don’t know it. Hot damn you sound like a cac. :russ:
I get actual reporting from the Post, the Times, etc.
Oooh, look at this guy. :heh:
I can see you now calling someone a “white settler” when they ask for proof of someone being persecuted
I keep having to remind myself that you aren’t a judge for asylum claims. I’m wondering why. :patrice:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m a drug dealer

You sound like Pete Peterson.

This is a disturbing excerpt.

I had to explain to you what the asylum
Process is. You still don’t know it. Hot damn you sound like a cac. :russ:

Oooh, look at this guy. :heh:

I keep having to remind myself that you aren’t a judge for asylum claims. I’m wondering why. :patrice:

Okay breh. I get it now. You putting on a show for your friends on here. You really don’t know what you’re talking about. Carry on :hubie: