How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are you an economist? What do you say to the argument that growth in any economy is dependent on primarily two factors of production (labor and capital stock) with technological innovation. America like its Western industrial counterparts are older countries compared to the developing world, so this population is young and with the appropriate training/education can add value to the American economy. As a result of them working on producing products/services, they will earn wages and the govt. taxes those wage to have govt. revenue which will subsidize social programs.

Or would you just rebut by saying why aren't we doing this for our people first?

That was my major. As far as your question, why can’t we do what you’re proposing in a legal and orderly way? We averaged between 500,000 to 1 million immigrants per year since the 1970s. Why can’t we bring in 1 million of our choice each year rather than letting in whoever crosses over illegally. Most of these migrants are not adding to our tax revenue on a net basis. Our primary focus should be on people who have something to offer with a smaller number of spots going to these unskilled groups. I dont see a logical argument here. It’s all emotion.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On the contrary their negligence IS something we're directly responsible for in both cases. Their president who was just murdered in Haiti was literally and American puppet president, which is part of the reason they wanted him home.

You seem to be incredibly ignorant on our affairs in Haiti and South America in general, but are attempting to speak as some authority on the issue.

I'm not sure what's emotional in the argument of "Well it's well documented the damage we've done to their country so it's only right to allow them in if they migrate here." Seems like a pretty logical humanitarian argument.

I've never been against Afghan's migrating here (Because as with the Haitians it's the moral thing to do because we destroyed their country), but I oppose interference in their country's affairs. Please explain to me how that's inconsistent from my stance on Haiti?

If anyone is getting emotional here it's you because you're having your uninformed and propaganda driven world views challenged. Imperialism isn't a good thing, and shyt like this is the result of it.

I ask again, why should we deny these people asylum if their situation is direct fault of our imperialism/capitalist greed?

I’m well aware. You are emotional. No one in their right mind wants millions of Haitians and Mexicans coming into the country which you admitted to. I’m not wasting time talking to you.

Daps
I’m well aware. You are emotional. No one in their right mind wants millions of Haitians and Mexicans coming into the country which you admitted to. I’m not wasting time talking to you.
:pachaha:Your major being economics explains why you can’t let go of that Reagan mindset you got

I also can’t get over an economics major not understanding capitalism at all

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan gave the government two weeks to halt a practice that opponents say is unnecessary and improperly relies on the threat posed by COVID-19 to deprive people of their right to seek asylum in the United States.

Sullivan granted a preliminary injunction in response to a lawsuit filed by the American Civil Liberties Union and others on behalf of migrant families, saying they were likely to succeed in their challenge to the use of the public health law known as Title 42.

“President Biden should have ended this cruel and lawless policy long ago, and the court was correct to reject it today,” said Omar Jadwat, director of the ACLU’s Immigrants’ Rights Project.

The Biden administration was evaluating the ruling and had no immediate comment on whether it plans to appeal.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:pachaha:Your major being economics explains why you can’t let go of that Reagan mindset you got

I also can’t get over an economics major not understanding capitalism at all

Says the guy who wants all of Haiti to come to the States. You ended our conversation before it started. You’d get laughed out of any room in real life.