How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

He'd be more dove-ish than Flournoy and seems to be more simpatico with Biden.

But another general leading DOD?

@Atlrocafella

Rather him than Flournoy but really should have a civilian in that seat.

Either way, he’s more than qualified and could be a good look for black people hopefully.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Deese will be one of the smartest guys in the room in any room he walks into. That’s a no brainer pick IMO.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
there are 100 percent legitimate concerns about having retired commissioned officers serve as SECDEF. however im not sure practically how much of a difference four years versus seven years in retirement makes in their civilian character. any retired commissioned officer is likely going to retain at least some of their mindset from time in the military. especially somebody with stars. i think those concerns will be present whether they are retired for four years, seven years, twenty years, whatever. IMO the seven year rule is more about preventing the appearance of a conflict of interest.
There’s none. Hell, Hagel was SecDef and he served. They’re all usually still reeled in from time to time by civilian leadership as well as brass. Powell is still wooed for his opinion amongst leadership. Just have to be wise and not put a hawk in there like McChrystal or Honore (who would have been hilarious if he got selected).

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
There’s none. Hell, Hagel was SecDef and he served. They’re all usually still reeled in from time to time by civilian leadership as well as brass. Powell is still wooed for his opinion amongst leadership. Just have to be wise and not put a hawk in there like McChrystal or Honore (who would have been hilarious if he got selected).
hagel just made sergeant he wasnt a commissioned officer. i dont think theres any rules or laws in place restricting NCOs being SECDEF

i think in general its best for SECDEF to have military experience.

Last edited:

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
hagel just made sergeant he wasnt a commissioned officer. i dont think theres any rules or laws in place restricting NCOs being SECDEF

i think in general its best for SECDEF to have military experience. the worst one in our history didnt have any
Agreed. I got no beef with officers serving. But if they were kill everything in site types or purely academic types, then nah. Rather have one of them serve than a lobbyist like Esper who was useless as SecArmy and SecDef. If Biden wants change across the river, Milley and the rest of the service chiefs would be told to retire.

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Having military experience is fine. Being a retired general? No.
Would you prefer lobbyists such as Esper or former intel guys like Panetta and Gates? Mattis wasn’t bad as everyone thought he would be and he’s a retired GO. As long as they don’t have deep ties with defense contractors and/or don’t have the temperament to be in the position, I don’t see what’s your objection.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Would you prefer lobbyists such as Esper or former intel guys like Panetta and Gates? Mattis wasn’t bad as everyone thought he would be and he’s a retired GO. As long as they don’t have deep ties with defense contractors and/or don’t have the temperament to be in the position, I don’t see what’s your objection.

Ties to contractors are irrelevant here. I'm saying that the position in of itself should be held by a civilian, not a military official (retired or otherwise). The US military should remain under the control of civilians - the Commander In Chief, the Sec of Def, etc should be civilians.

The military is subordinate to civilian control. Allowing military figures to control the military is not a good thing. Do I generally like Mattis? Sure. But he should never have gotten that job.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I'm all for Black people being in positions of power. However, Biden couldn't find a Black man who has been out of the military for at least 7 years to be Defense Secretary?

But whatever, what is done has been done :yeshrug:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
there are 100 percent legitimate concerns about having retired commissioned officers serve as SECDEF. however im not sure practically how much of a difference four years versus seven years in retirement makes in their civilian character. any retired commissioned officer is likely going to retain at least some of their mindset from time in the military. especially somebody with stars. i think those concerns will be present whether they are retired for four years, seven years, twenty years, whatever. IMO the seven year rule is more about preventing the appearance of a conflict of interest.
i dont give a fukk about this tbh :yeshrug:

so we should take this guy out and put in a chickenhawk like john bolton?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Nah I can't cosign this. Sec of Defense should be a civilian appointment. I do not want to see a continuation of Trump style decisions where military figures receive government posts.
*sigh*

...you're right :snoop:

but...most of the recent ones were literal corporate shillls...