How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
The better question is I asked who would you prefer in a lot of these open positions and the anti-Biden cabinet posters never replied. That showed me that they were just here to complain about every selection and not bother with providing an alternative. They also live in a fantasy land where everyone is confirmable.
Can you provide evidence of how Bernie supporters lead to Trump being elected president? You never answered that question.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Yes, if we assume the most damning, fukked up thing that the CIA has done in recent memory never took place and wasn't a massive stain on Haspel's career, things would be different. And if my auntie had nuts she'd be my uncle.

I think the disconnect we're having is over the term "qualified". I don't look at a long, stable career of promotion at a deeply fukked up institution to be a strong qualification to lead that institution into much-needed reform. I don't view the CIA as an institution that just needs steady maintenance in the continuation of its mandate and actions. Perhaps you do.
Meaning no disrespect, but what kind of reform can be expected at the CIA?

Seriously?

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Bro like this is kind of frustrating. I'm a Warren person and I like to think of myself as a progressive but this rose colored purity stuff for every thing is getting absurd. We're talking about the CIA. It's going to be dirty and fuccked up. There are going to be secrets that need to be kept and information that needs to be withheld. Yall treating this like it's as simple as reforming police(which isn't actually simple). This is an entirely different beast.
The struggle of being a warren G. Being sensible but still being lumped in with the rest of these weirdos :wow:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The better question is I asked who would you prefer in a lot of these open positions and the anti-Biden cabinet posters never replied. That showed me that they were just here to complain about every selection and not bother with providing an alternative. They also live in a fantasy land where everyone is confirmable.
There are plenty of people who should be in these positions - there is nothing wrong with voicing dissent regarding the choice of cabinet/administration from your President.
I like Biden's team.

He's picked experienced, and qualified people while also having some diversity in there. Many women and none-whites
Picking non-Whites doesn't mean anything at all. There are experienced and qualified people in every industry - that is the bare-minimum - something beyond that is necessary.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Bro like this is kind of frustrating. I'm a Warren person and I like to think of myself as a progressive but this rose colored purity stuff for every thing is getting absurd. We're talking about the CIA. It's going to be dirty and fuccked up. There are going to be secrets that need to be kept and information that needs to be withheld. Yall treating this like it's as simple as reforming police(which isn't actually simple). This is an entirely different beast.
Do you make any posts that aren’t whining about supposed progressive whining?

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Did Twitter and the YouTube bloggers tell us why we should hate him yet?
Twitter and Youtube bloggers?

Exactly what element of being a Black man in America and being functionally literate would lead you to support a Black man who has spent his entire career undermining African interests in favor US interests to head the intelligence agency that has quite literally subverted the entirety of the African diaspora for over 100 years?

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
There are plenty of people who should be in these positions - there is nothing wrong with voicing dissent regarding the choice of cabinet/administration from your President.

Picking non-Whites doesn't mean anything at all. There are experienced and qualified people in every industry - that is the bare-minimum - something beyond that is necessary.
It means that they can bring different perspectives into the room. I rather that to a homogenous Cabinet and Administration.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
That article doesn't say Bernie supporters, and it used Surveymonkey. Also that survey is suggesting black voters stayed home, who we were told were not Bernie supporters in 2016. What are you doing? :heh:

Younger demographics stayed home. I wonder who that could be but go ahead and play stupid :mjlol:

And @EndDomination it's not lunacy. What is lunacy is to sit home and allow Trump to take office when we were all saying how much of a disaster it would be before it happened.

Not participating? Okay, then don't bytch. People who don't participate give up their voice.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
I think the police analogy works well here. It's actually not as impossible as anti-reform people make it out to be. Dropping the police budget by 30% is not outside the realm of the possible. The whole "Oh, this is too difficult and complex, you just don't understand, trust us!" from insiders who don't actually want to effect reform or change is disingenuous. It's about having the will (which they don't) and the courage. You have to have people who actually want to reform the institution because they have a different ideology/belief than the status quo. The CIA does not have to be dirty and fukked up, at least not as dirty and fukked up as it historically has been. You could have a CIA tasked with undermining the nascent fascist governments and movements across the world instead of the neocon mandate the CIA has been operating with for the past 50 years. These are the questions I would hope our elected leaders would ask of Biden's CIA director during their confirmation hearing, but I wager that would be a bridge too far for centrists who are indignant at the very concept of public scrutiny of political elites and leadership.

As a fellow Warren-person, wasn't this the entire point of her campaign? Structural change? Reimagining the entire paradigm of our government and seeing how we can shift its foundations to become more responsive to the needs of the people? But we're immediately being told we can't even critically assess our elected leaders anymore? Critical political journalism is being derisively recast as just bullshyt from twitter/youtube/patreon. That's fukking dangerous.

This isn't about purity. Progressives lost the nomination, so Biden has the right to select whoever he wants. But we're part of the coalition, so we have a right to express our dissent or assent. If Biden and the centrist wing chooses to disregard us, then that's the world we will be living in, and the consequences will be felt. We're not asking for any of these choices to be arrested, we're just asking our fellow citizens to engage in factual analysis of their records and decide if these are the people we want in roles of consequence and power at the highest levels of our government.