How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looks just like it did over the past 4 years. I'm not going to pretend however to know how to fix this situation.

Biden needs to put all energy into QUICKLY adjudicating the asylum cases, pass whatever immigration reform bill they have in congress then pass whatever border security policies makes sense according to the experts. And continue to deport whoever is eligible for deportation.

This is a singular moment where Dems can either fuk themselves over or "fix" an issue that always costs them votes.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Biden needs to put all energy into QUICKLY adjudicating the asylum cases, pass whatever immigration reform bill they have in congress then pass whatever border security policies makes sense according to the experts. And continue to deport whoever is eligible for deportation.

This is a singular moment where Dems can either fuk themselves over or "fix" an issue that always costs them votes.

It's not really going to matter. Republicans will portray them as "weak on illegal immigration" regardless of what they do.

They should implement whatever immigration policies make sense, but vote-wise it won't matter. Trying to appease Republicans simply doesn't work.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not really going to matter. Republicans will portray them as "weak on illegal immigration" regardless of what they do.

They should implement whatever immigration policies make sense, but vote-wise it won't matter. Trying to appease Republicans simply doesn't work.

Breh this has nothing to do with Republicans. This is to prevent FURTHER loss in traditional Dem constituencies. There is a fundamental disconnect between what the media and even elite establishment Dems THINK about immigration vs what voters actually want. Even hispanics want tougher immigration policies.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

@the cac mamba

Good article. But it gives numbers and dances around the why.

When I look at that chart, it tells me the number of total arrivals (new and repeat offenders) hit a fever pitch in Spring 2019 to Summer 2019 then hit a decline.

Covid didn't wreck havoc until February 2020, so why did new people stop coming? Did the violence and poverty suddenly stop in Nicaragua for those months :skip:

Only way I can interpret this is there was an influx in 2019, Trump clamped down on the border and it stopped. Covid suppressed it further, then it picks back up going into Fall 2020, when its clear a Democrat is going to put Trump out and likely make the process more lenient. And that's what happened. Going forward, Biden obviously shouldn't be locking kids up or separating them from their parents but, he needs to come up with his own strategy to deter.

border-arrests.png

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Breh this has nothing to do with Republicans. This is to prevent FURTHER loss in traditional Dem constituencies. There is a fundamental disconnect between what the media and even elite establishment Dems THINK about immigration vs what voters actually want. Even hispanics want tougher immigration policies.
Yep. I think once again "twitter" doesn't have its pulse on what the average democrat wants