How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Anyway, apart from his stance on Palestine and Israel, Blinken has a good head on his shoulders.
His quote about how we need to focus on Russia instead of his former clients - the tech giants poisoning society and democracy - is...disturbing!

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Yep, just your average, regular citizen. I mean, who among us isn't a former Deputy Secretary of State and Deputy National Security Advisor who then went to start a boutique "consulting" firm catering to the most powerful, influential companies on the face of the planet and then gets named incoming Secretary of State. Just your everyday man on the street.
Oooh, "consulting". I forgot that's a dirty word to some people. :mjlol:

Sounds like someone who has a great relationship with the new POTUS and good grasp on foreign policy. It was either him or Big Susie. :mjgrin:

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
His quote about how we need to focus on Russia instead of his former clients - the tech giants poisoning society and democracy - is...disturbing!

But he would be SecState or NSA advisor, outward looking. I'd be more worried if he was Secretary of the Treasury or some shyt.

hjnm

All Star
Daps
I think it’s Lael Brainard. They been bringing her name up a lot :manny:

Nah progressives were upset about her working for Rubin (who was actually against welfare reform) so they've protested her and he might go with Yellen.

King Kreole

Daps
Oooh, "consulting". I forgot that's a dirty word to some people. :mjlol:
you think the problem is that he went into consulting and not who he was consulting for? :mjlol:

Sounds like someone who has a great relationship with the new POTUS and good grasp on foreign policy. It was either him or Big Susie. :mjgrin:
Yeah, he had a great relationship with the new POTUS when he was making stellar foreign policy decisions such as voting for AUMF and stoking the Syrian civil war. These choices definitely indicate a good grasp on foreign policy, America has done a great job of this!

In all seriousness, I do agree he's probably better than anyone else being floated, definitely better than Sam Power :scust:

Starski

Superstar
Daps
Yep, just your average, regular citizen. I mean, who among us isn't a former Deputy Secretary of State and Deputy National Security Advisor who then went to start a boutique "consulting" firm catering to the most powerful, influential companies on the face of the planet and then gets named incoming Secretary of State. Just your everyday man on the street.

Joe the plumber was a close second though :troll:

Nah, for real. Why do you frame opening up a consulting business for big tech is a bad thing :dwillhuh:

I swear to god politics is the only profession where having experience is a bad thing :mjlol:

May I ask who you were expecting & who did you want?

King Kreole

Daps

So what, a man can't support just about every disastrous Foreign Policy decision the United States has made this century and then fail upwards into becoming the most powerful diplomat in the country after consulting for defense manufacturers and tech giants? Y'all anarchists will never be satisfied :martin:

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
The good thing is Biden is very hesitant to intervene in the mideast. He was right about Libya. The war is Syria is over. The rebels lost the war and are infected with either jihadist elements or pro Turkey islamist. Biden wants to get out the sinkhole thats the Middle East. And most Americans do too.

King Kreole

Daps
Joe the plumber was a close second though :troll:

Nah, for real. Why do you frame opening up a consulting business for big tech is a bad thing :dwillhuh:

I swear to god politics is the only profession where having experience is a bad thing :mjlol:
...because it's pretty much the definition of revolving door corruption when you leverage your experience (aka Rolodex) as a leading, powerful government official in a specific sector to then open up a private firm "consulting" for private companies in those same sectors?

You're acting like he's some random dude just "rise and grinding" his way to put food on the table for his family.

May I ask who you were expecting & who did you want?
All the major names being floated had BIG stink on them, Blinken is probably the best of a bad batch.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
you think the problem is that he went into consulting and not who he was consulting for? :mjlol:
Facebook and Google. Wow. :unimpressed:

Yeah, he had a great relationship with the new POTUS when he was making stellar foreign policy decisions such as voting for AUMF and stoking the Syrian civil war. These choices definitely indicate a good grasp on foreign policy, America has done a great job of this!
There's not a foreign policy expert on Earth that everyone is going to agree with 100% breh. Hindsight is 20/20. He's been part of more good decisions than bad and most consider this a solid pick.

Finding someone with experience, competence, and a known good working relationship makes the list for Biden very short. Maybe you had someone else in mind. :hubie:

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
So what, a man can't support just about every disastrous Foreign Policy decision the United States has made this century and then fail upwards into becoming the most powerful diplomat in the country after consulting for defense manufacturers and tech giants? Y'all anarchists will never be satisfied :martin:
Neo-cons and liberal interventionist are pretty much the same. They both want to maintain the American empire. Even Trumps "isolationism" was still about maintaining it. With Biden we will go back to the Obama-lite foreign policy days except Biden is not gungho on foreign intervention. He was against intervening in Syria and Libya. He proposed a realist idea of breaking up Iraq because its a sectarian mess. I would bet he will support only the Syrian Kurds not the sunni rebels. The reality on the grounds is the rebels lost. Turkey supports their proxies to maintain a buffer state not defeating Assad. Europe doesn't want to se new fighting as that would mean more refugees. Probably back Ukraine against Russia. Return to the Iran nuclear deal and end the policy of confrontation with Iran since they have abided by the deal. I don't see Biden launching a military intervention into Venezuela. Probably sanctions and thats it. He will likely continue the Obama policy on focusing on China.

Starski

Superstar
Daps
...because it's pretty much the definition of revolving door corruption when you leverage your experience (aka Rolodex) as a leading, powerful government official in a specific sector to then open up a private firm "consulting" for private companies in those same sectors?

You're acting like he's some random dude just "rise and grinding" his way to put food on the table for his family.

All the major names being floated had BIG stink on them, Blinken is probably the best of a bad batch.

Nah, I think this disagreement stems from exceptions. Like you legitimately stated that the man used his experience in sector X to start his consulting firm..... consulting on sector X.

you view that as “corruption” , i view it as logical. Cause, you know if I spent my life in the Resturant industry my first choice on opening my consulting industry would defense contracting.

Like you can hate the man for X,Y & Z calls he has made, and who knows chances are he made some dumb ones, but this? IDK, I just personally don’t get it.

King Kreole

Daps
The good thing is Biden is very hesitant to intervene in the mideast. He was right about Libya. The war is Syria is over. The rebels lost the war and are infected with either jihadist elements or pro Turkey islamist. Biden wants to get out the sinkhole thats the Middle East. And most Americans do too.
Biden was good and right on Syria, and he deserved credit for that. But the other stuff? :jbhmm:

'Trump sold them out': Joe Biden hits the president over Syria troop withdrawal in Iowa speech

And during the Iowa Democratic debate when asked about withdrawing or keeping troops in the Middle East, he was on the side of keeping troops there.

Democrats clash at debate over keeping US troops in Mideast

Biden, meanwhile, said it would be a “mistake” to withdraw the “small number” of troops in the Middle East focused on fighting ISIS, warning that the terrorist group is “going to reconstitute itself.”

“There’s a difference between combat troops and leaving special forces,” he said. ISIS “will come back if we do not deal with them.”

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@FAH1223 not sure why Rose Twitter set is being so myopic about Blinken?

Hes a very strong opponent of the Iran deal, will push a return to it, and there is very little appetite for greater engagement on Syria.

He’s also signalled he will take a tougher stance on Saudi, vis-a-vis the Yemen conflict, and on Egypt. Seems like things a Bernie admin would do as well, so why the upset? :Patrice:

This is beside the absurdity that the Syrian war started because of Obama. Highly ironic considering how much heat he gets from some foreign policy people, for deciding against intervening aggressively.