How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

Starski

Superstar
Daps
...breh, I think the aspect you're missing here is that he was a high ranking government official. He wasn't some random dude working in these areas. He was the Deputy Secretary of State. I doubt he was being paid millions of dollars to advise private defense contracting firms how to clean their office toilets better.

With great power comes great responsibility. These aren't just "dumb decisions" You don't just get to "Sorry guys, I guess I just kinda messed up :pachaha:" away your actions when you're playing at that altitude. There should be consequences for fukking up. Being Secretary of State isn't Tony Blinken's right, it's a privilege.

Breh, I think the aspect your missing is he is a human being who held the title of high ranking government official. Isn’t your whole “steeze” based the fact that politicians are out of touch with every day person? But then get upset that a man makes a career pivot that is in line with logic....ya know, every day “common man” logic?

Career in industry X -> consult on industry X.

I’ll reaffirm my stance this back & forth is completely nonsensical because we’re just arguing perception. shyt just wild as hell, hate the man for his policies but his post-gov job?

Honestly, it’s probably just cause it’s big tech, and I don’t know you but I’ll go off on a limb and say you obviously don’t like that industry. I doubt we would be having this convo if the department of agriculture pivoted into Agriculture consulting :dead:.

At holding them to a high standard, absolutely. That standard should always be a net positive.

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines
Can we just end this charade and admit that y'all don't actually give a shyt about governance and would eat a Biden nominated SecDef Donald Rumsfeld with a smile? I haven't see y'all be critical about a single thing about Biden...it's just vacuous "Well the progressives are upset so I'm happy :thumbsup:" reheated anti-Bernie Bro crap :unimpressed:

You’re a white guy who proudly supported Trump on here and I don’t even think you’re American. There’s no moving past that. When I read your posts I just laugh. Why are you here? What’s the point of your stupid charade?

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
As well he should. After 25 years in government, I'd be leveraging my connections to the hilt. I don't know anyone in government work that doesn't do that. My granddad is a retired general and made a fortune in government contracting. :yeshrug:

Doesn't seem like he had any intention of going back to government so yeah, a natural progression. Is this supposed to invalidate him from the position? Please. :russ:
giphy.gif

As long as you're being open that you support government corruption, then we're cool.

That's your problem not mine. You do this with every pick. I'm not asking him to be a radical change. Just like what was outlined Jake Sullivan's letter, I want the US to re-enter the world arena not as a beacon of exceptionalism or to dominate every conversation, but to be collaborator with unique strengths. He's made it a point that he wants to rebuild our international standing and build stronger alliances specifically to pressure China. I don't think that's out of reach.

Yeah I think what this is really coming down to is that we have different foreign policy ideologies. Of course you're not going to see problems with Biden's picks if your ideal is simply a return to the Obama era.

King Kreole

Daps
You’re a white guy who proudly supported Trump on here and I don’t even think you’re American. There’s no moving past that. When I read your posts I just laugh. Why are you here? What’s the point of your stupid charade?
You forgot that I'm 13 years old too. No moving past that. I'm literally a 13 year old white Slovenian boy who loves MAGA and spent the past year boosting Elizabeth Warren and then advocating people vote for Joe Biden, which is why I'm critiquing Biden's choices for not being Progressive enough. I guess I'm just a foreign white child anarchist who wants to destroy the United States by posting on the Coli.

You fukking idiot.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Yeah, I don't think Biden is some bloodthirsty, dyed in the wool Neocon itching to do some nation-building. But I don't think Obama was either, and that didn't stop him from being led into some truly horrific foreign policy blunders. Biden was usually a voice of restraints in the Obama administration when it came to these decisions, so I give him credit for that. But I also see no reason to believe he has the ideology or strength to stand up to the Blob when another foreign crisis pops up. And I don't see Blinken as providing a strong counter-voice either. I think Russia and China will be the foreign policy battle grounds of the future, and all I see from Biden-Blinken is run-of-the-mill Russia hawkery and China placation. I think they'll definitely return to the Obama status quo re: Iran, which will be a marked improvement from the current situation, but I don't see an end to the status quo confrontation. I agree with you on Venezuela.
Biden himself is a fan of the small scale hit and move military tactics if he engages.

He's not a full scale war guy.

John Reena

Superstar
Daps

Progressives are mainly privileged hypocrital white guys who favorite past time is talking down to black ppl. “Calm down, we know what’s best for you. I’ve done more for black ppl than Rosa Parks.”

King Kreole

Daps
Breh, I think the aspect your missing is he is a human being who held the title of high ranking government official. Isn’t your whole “steeze” based the fact that politicians are out of touch with every day person? But then get upset that a man makes a career pivot that is in line with logic....ya know, every day “common man” logic?

Career in industry X -> consult on industry X.

I’ll reaffirm my stance this back & forth is completely nonsensical because we’re just arguing perception. shyt just wild as hell, hate the man for his policies but his post-gov job?

Honestly, it’s probably just cause it’s big tech, and I don’t know you but I’ll go off on a limb and say you obviously don’t like that industry. I doubt we would be having this convo if the department of agriculture pivoted into Agriculture consulting :dead:.

At holding them to a high standard, absolutely. That standard should always be a net positive.
Bro this is really weird. Didn't we literally just spend the past 4 years rightly critiquing the Trump administration for hiring a bunch of private industry insiders to staff high ranking government positions? Now we're saying that people running through the revolving door is a good thing because it makes them in touch with the every day person? :mindblown:

One of my biggest concerns is that as soon as Biden won, all that energy we had for eliminating the systemic rot that Trump embodied would get swept under the rug because "our guy" was in charge now.

I don't hate Tony Blinken. I hate corruption and the rampant dominance of corporate power in our civic institutions. I would absolutely be having this discussion if Biden's Secretary of Agriculture spent the past few years consulting for Monsanto. Wouldn't you??

High ranking government officials aren't everyday people. They are vested with significant power and responsibilities that stem from that power. This is the whole Loeffler thing in Georgia. Government isn't just another industry, it's the body that controls and regulates industries, and there should be a separation.

King Kreole

Daps
Leaving government then consulting companies on how to better interface with the government is not corruption breh.
What do you think "how to better interface" entails? I'm a guy with the most powerful people in government on speed dial. Do you think my clients are paying me millions of dollars to read them a powerpoint? This is like when people claimed Hillary was getting paid millions by Goldman Sachs other Wall St. firms to just show up a give a speech. How long must we continue this charade of naivete?

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines
You forgot that I'm 13 years old too. No moving past that. I'm literally a 13 year old white Slovenian boy who loves MAGA and spent the past year boosting Elizabeth Warren and then advocating people vote for Joe Biden, which is why I'm critiquing Biden's choices for not being Progressive enough. I guess I'm just a foreign white child anarchist who wants to destroy the United States by posting on the Coli.

You fukking idiot.

Sarcasm the best you can do you fukking piece shyt?

Why should anyone take you seriously after supporting Trump and his policies?

King Kreole

Daps
I love Rashida but I think she coulda phrased that better like hoping he will reverse Pompeo’s designations. Plus Blinken is Jewish so you know people are gonna say antisemitism :snoop:

Blinken Jewish? Rashida cooked. :weirdo:

But for real, I didn't read that as her taking a shot at Blinken so much as foregrounding the FP issue closest to her. SoS has tacit and explicit influence when it comes to this issue, there's no way Israel pulls that move without Pompeo's sign off. The previous SoS did try to silence her, so I don't think it's that weird for her to say what she said. I think centrists are just trying to enforce a fake consensus and ride the election coalition towards their ends, but it was never a stable coalition.

King Kreole

Daps
Sarcasm the best you can do you fukking piece shyt?

Why should anyone take you seriously after supporting Trump and his policies?
Sarcasm is all your idiotic post deserves.

But yeah, we should all take your stanning of the vacuous, uncritical politician-as-celebrity bullshyt that brought us Trump in the first place seriously.

Political memory of a goldfish.