How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I think that Sinema said that she doesn't believe that increasing the minimum wage should be passed through budget reconciliation. She wants to increase it through a regular bill.

However, Sinema says that she doesn't support removing the filibuster. She wants there to be 60 votes and "bipartisanship" for pretty much every bill :mjlol:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All Americans are temporarily embarrassed millionaires, including many of our more affluent Coli members. The realization hit me a while ago, every non wealthy American votes against their interests (I include myself).
I agree.
I'd readily admit, I'm probably in the middle rung if "high earners" on The Coli.
Dolo, I earn more than the median income of an entire Family in America but I'm still
not making as much as say a senior engineer or a lawyer or some kind of physician or other high
paid title in the medical field.

So I live comfortably but thankfully I have the perspective of having been in poverty to ground how I view the world.

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

<--- Cleveland Browns winning that many, boi!
Daps
I think that Sinema said that she doesn't believe that increasing the minimum wage should be passed through budget reconciliation. She wants to increase it through a regular bill.

However, Sinema says that she doesn't support removing the filibuster. She wants there to be 60 votes and "bipartisanship" for pretty much every bill :mjlol:
No one will think of this. They'll only remember her curtsy antics. Political 101: Don't make your vote about you, especially when you're a freshman

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No one will think of this. They'll only remember her curtsy antics. Political 101: Don't make your vote about you, especially when you're a freshman

That shyt was flagrant as hell and totally uncalled for....like rubbing salt in a wound. In what works is voting against increasing the minimum wage a noble deed.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Democrats really going to lose the house to a party talking about dr Seuss.:mjlol:

People love to criticize the Dems in here and sometimes for good reason but what you are all missing the boat on is that Republicans have shown time and time again that they are anti-democracy and they hate their own constituents and it doesn't hurt them at all.

Their constituents keep voting for them anyway. So you want to blame the Dems for hypothetically losing the house, no matter what they do half the country won't vote for them. You can spend all day and all night discussing where Dems are "missing the mark" but it must be acknowledged that the country is trash and a lot of people nearly all white people want it to continue that way.

Dems will always fight an uphill battle no matter what.. progressives are fighting an even bigger uphill battle. The policies are popular yet half the country would rather vote against their own interests. Dems are usually pretty well fukked from the start.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

That only means she doesn't want to do it or that she's retarded.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Lol

you’re right but this would mean 5-6 months of what exactly?

The house will send the senate several bills by then do they just all die?

imagine for a second the police reform bill is re-sent to the Senate and we have another high profile police murder this summer, could you imagine the pressure that will be on Biden and Manchin re: the filibuster. It will be insane.
Yep. Those bills the House passes will die in the Senate.. and there’ll be that reconciliation bill in FY22 that’ll pass in Oct/Nov and that’s it. :francis:
Can’t see the filibuster being reformed or removed.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Yep. Those bills the House passes will die in the Senate.. and there’ll be that reconciliation bill in FY22 that’ll pass in Oct/Nov and that’s it. :francis:
Can’t see the filibuster being reformed or removed.

Manchin was heavily discussed in here even before the GA runoffs. We had reports of he'd work with Dems. Some journalists were confident to the point where i said myself ok a 50 +1 could work.. maybe some shyt will get done.

That went away quickly. i know the popular talking point is now "Joe can't get his own party in line" but that is only a small piece of it.. 50 + 1 was always going to be tricky to navigate and now we know that it's likely unable to be navigated..

So i guess we blame Joe instead of North Carolina and Maine voters? ..

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
People love to criticize the Dems in here and sometimes for good reason but what you are all missing the boat on is that Republicans have shown time and time again that they are anti-democracy and they hate their own constituents and it doesn't hurt them at all.

Their constituents keep voting for them anyway. So you want to blame the Dems for hypothetically losing the house, no matter what they do half the country won't vote for them. You can spend all day and all night discussing where Dems are "missing the mark" but it must be acknowledged that the country is trash and a lot of people nearly all white people want it to continue that way.

Dems will always fight an uphill battle no matter what.. progressives are fighting an even bigger uphill battle. The policies are popular yet half the country would rather vote against their own interests. Dems are usually pretty well fukked from the start.
I agree half the country is trash that’s why they need to pass popular legislation. It would be a shame if these scumbag republicans win the house with no policy just lying and dumb shyt.:snoop:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol

you’re right but this would mean 5-6 months of what exactly?

The house will send the senate several bills by then do they just all die?

imagine for a second the police reform bill is re-sent to the Senate and we have another high profile police murder this summer, could you imagine the pressure that will be on Biden and Manchin re: the filibuster. It will be insane.

oh I’m sure Manchin would LOVE the infrastructure bill go through reconciliation...it’s like the 1 most consequential thing for his initiative to get jobs to WV

but maybe biden goes “sorry Manchin, there’s a lot of important things we need to get done, can’t fund your WV spaceport through reconciliation, need to use that for something else....:manny:

...try doing as you say and work with those R colleagues to get that infrastructure bill through without eliminating the filibuster :smugbiden:

then he’ll learn

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I agree half the country is trash that’s why they need to pass popular legislation. It would be a shame if these scumbag republicans win the house with no policy just lying and dumb shyt.:snoop:

How when Manchin and Sinema want to be Republicans? Or are Republicans.. $15 min wage would be popular in WV. He doesn't want to do it and the people there are too dumb to protest his office.

if a Republican was running on $15 min wage then they'd be all for it.