How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
How when Manchin and Sinema want to be Republicans? Or are Republicans.. $15 min wage would be popular in WV. He doesn't want to do it and the people there are too dumb to protest his office.

if a Republican was running on $15 min wage then they'd be all for it.
:mindblown:shyt is mind blowing with these two. Republicans are so shameless I wouldn’t be surprised if a couple of them run on raising the minimum wage and win.:dead:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Manchin was heavily discussed in here even before the GA runoffs. We had reports of he'd work with Dems. Some journalists were confident to the point where i said myself ok a 50 +1 could work.. maybe some shyt will get done.

That went away quickly. i know the popular talking point is now "Joe can't get his own party in line" but that is only a small piece of it.. 50 + 1 was always going to be tricky to navigate and now we know that it's likely unable to be navigated..

So i guess we blame Joe instead of North Carolina and Maine voters? ..

oh I’m sure Manchin would LOVE the infrastructure bill go through reconciliation...it’s like the 1 most consequential thing for his initiative to get jobs to WV

but maybe biden goes “sorry Manchin, there’s a lot of important things we need to get done, can’t fund your WV spaceport by reconciliation, need that for something else....:manny:

...try doing as you say and work with those R colleagues to get that infrastructure bill through without eliminating the filibuster :smugbiden:

then he’ll learn
Yall are confusing me. :dwillhuh: Why are y’all acting like Biden and Manchin are on opposite sides on this issue? Biden doesn’t want to get rid of it either so of course he deserves blame if shyt grinds to a halt.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
look at the map as it shows when each state last raised their min wage. what it is currently and what it was before the last hike. It's another blue vs. red issue. Damn near all the northeast and west coast states have raised and cont. to do so. The reason this hasn't happened w/ every state is more than "dems fukked up" it's because these rednecks keep voting for politicians that want to keep them poor.

This map shows the last time each state raised its minimum wage

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do we know why c00ns voted no on the minimum wage? So bizarre considering he's Biden's closest ally in the Senate.

The amendment was going to fail anyway because it didn't have 60 votes, plus Manchin and Sinema were already against it, but the other six Dems voting no was just bad politics.

Jesus H. Christ

I died for your sins
Daps
I think that Sinema said that she doesn't believe that increasing the minimum wage should be passed through budget reconciliation. She wants to increase it through a regular bill.

However, Sinema says that she doesn't support removing the filibuster. She wants there to be 60 votes and "bipartisanship" for pretty much every bill :mjlol:

Translation: fukk y'all. I got mines.:pachaha:
Poor people? Get another job:camby:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I think that Sinema said that she doesn't believe that increasing the minimum wage should be passed through budget reconciliation. She wants to increase it through a regular bill.

However, Sinema says that she doesn't support removing the filibuster. She wants there to be 60 votes and "bipartisanship" for pretty much every bill :mjlol:
I'll await the :cape: for her

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yall are confusing me. :dwillhuh: Why are y’all acting like Biden and Manchin are on opposite sides on this issue? Biden doesn’t want to get rid of it either so of course he deserves blame if shyt grinds to a halt.

maybe I’m being overly optimistic, but I’m not yet convinced that biden is dead set against the filibuster

there are an increasing amount of dem senators who were against it before and vocally support it now

and if biden is on board with it, he got some options to at least try and get Manchin onboard (like tying infrastructure bill that would fund WV to ending filibuster)

we’ll see....I’ll be disappointed if he doesn’t at least make real moves to try to end it (I realize actually ending it may just not be politically possible without a couple more Dem seats...)

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
People love to criticize the Dems in here and sometimes for good reason but what you are all missing the boat on is that Republicans have shown time and time again that they are anti-democracy and they hate their own constituents and it doesn't hurt them at all.

Their constituents keep voting for them anyway. So you want to blame the Dems for hypothetically losing the house, no matter what they do half the country won't vote for them. You can spend all day and all night discussing where Dems are "missing the mark" but it must be acknowledged that the country is trash and a lot of people nearly all white people want it to continue that way.

Dems will always fight an uphill battle no matter what.. progressives are fighting an even bigger uphill battle. The policies are popular yet half the country would rather vote against their own interests. Dems are usually pretty well fukked from the start.
This is why you pass popular policy. Instead the Dems are working to convince that 50% to vote for them by tailoring policies for them.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Most of the people in this thread don’t know what they are talking about. That sounds disrespectful, but I promise you brehs it’s not.

Biden never campaigned on $15 minimum wage, even when it polled well and win in Florida.

Even tho it was in the initial bill, he intentionally sandbagged it by saying it was against senate rules before it hit the House. Then he said he would not instruct VP Harris to go against the parliamentarian. This is all down to him not wanting a $15 minimum wage.

The corporate media put that out there but doesn’t do a good job of tying all of that together and that is unfortunately where most of our brehs get their news from, narrative and all.

We know the Senate GOP are lunatics and I will never deny their complicity, but the Dem leadership never were seriously interested in this. They want to run with, “we tried.”