Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

Natasha Bertrand

@NatashaBertrand

BREAKING: Treasury will unveil sanctions today on General Ahmed al-Asiri, former deputy head of the Saudi intelligence services, and the Saudi Rapid Intervention Force for their involvement in the Khashoggi assassination. Crown Prince MBS will NOT be sanctioned, per officials.

1:38 PM · Feb 26, 2021

Natasha Bertrand

@NatashaBertrand

A new State Department policy named the Khashoggi Ban will also be unveiled today, which will allow State to restrict and revoke visas to any individual believed to be involved in targeting/harassing/surveilling dissidents and journalists extraterritorially.

1:40 PM · Feb 26, 2021

@NatashaBertrand
Then White House chose not to penalize the crown prince directly despite intel report concluding he approved the operation that led to Khashoggi's murder. One senior administration official said that to do so would put the U.S. in an extremely “hostile” position wrt KSA.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
It’s so god damn depressing. These privileged politicians that have never missed a paycheck in their lives are playing games with regular peoples real lives out here. Unbelievable. The consequences of this are going to be staggering. Someone has to offer some substantive help to poor people and the working class out here. Something is going to break. This is an unsustainable system.

25% of the jobs that existed 12 months ago are gone. 60% of the businesses that had to close during Covid have not re-opened. 1/3rd of the US population is only not homeless because of the moratorium on evictions. Other developed nations are providing regular financial help to their citizens during this pandemic. We have awful health care. Crippling student loans date. A pathetic minimum wage.

I am starting to think the Dems know the stakes but don’t care. Whenever the GOP has control of the executive and legislative branches they press the foot on the accelerator and they don’t stop. Why the hell do the Dems always tip-toe around and act like they don’t have the power to push for things that most Americans want?! The minimum wage increase has a 70% approval rating. 88% of Democrats support M4A. 68% of independents support M4A. Even 46% of Republicans support M4A.

:mindblown:
I'll sing this tune again, The Democratic Party does not want to govern and is allergic to wielding power.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Someone who cares about our relationship with Saudi and doesn’t want US residents and journalists getting liquidated by their kill teams. Someone who thinks the truth matters. I’m not you.
Yeah, the thing is no one here said it wasn't a big deal. If you can find a post that says that, please share.

The issue is you don't care about minimum wage, DC statehood, the eviction moratorium ending, and the many other things the Biden Admin is either slow walking or showing no interest in pursuing. This is where the walking and chewing gum stuff you decided to harp, on matters. It doesn't seem like Biden and the Dems can/want to. I am not sure what you are being critical about or what upset you. Maybe you should try those happy pills, you prescribed to me.
3Eaojht.png

Last edited:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
But the things that poll as their higher priorities are.
Presumably, I'm just thinking out loud here.

Like I see polls where Republican voters consistently support something like Min wage something like 46%.

But there's no discussion about Republicans being damaged in the midterms for voting against it. Same goes for stimulus checks etc.

86% of dems support an increase in min wage, but we're speaking on it like it's doomsday if it doesn't pass.

But I know when I go out to vote, I check the record of my rep. So if my rep voted to and continues to support the initiatives I like, I don't decide I'm not voting for them because something doesn't pass.

Seems the more fruitful approach from my end, is to say, hey we are this close to passing reforms x, y, z and we need that amount of seats. Just seems a better long game than pretending the sky is falling. Especially one month into a new government.

But even at face value, Covid relief is a bigger issue than 15/hr for all voters so even though there will be disappointment over a 15/hr min wage people will :manny: once those checks hit and its on to the next issue.