How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Say it with me. You're tired of your kids being at home.

No need for all the juelzing.

And there it is. I was waiting to see how long it took to bring that out. Once yall arguments fall apart - everything becomes an exercise in hyperbole. My personal favorite is being accused of "WaNTinG to KiLL aLL TeACheRS!" :mjlol:

Like many other issues/topics in this country, they almost always devolve into political loyalty/litmus tests. But unfortunately a lot of the ppl engaging have a pretty surface level understanding of the issues - especially if/when they jump in without having any real perspective. Much of this debate/war b/tn school districts and teachers are in fact just extensions of political battles they've been fighting for years before covid. When the Chicago teachers union put it up to a vote whether they would accept the City's proposal to gradually reintroduce in school instruction (hybrid plan) for Pre-K - 8th grade (while keeping the full remote option) - only 54% of members even voted. And even among that group only 30% opposed the plan. In other words, you're not even on the same page as the teachers anymore. They're already went home but you're still out here waving the flag :heh:

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most of the ppl mentioning European schools have no clue about the difference in efforts to mitigate transmission compared to most school districts in the US.

Many European schools did not mandate face masks. Even now, after all the increases etc - they still are giving leeway to the schools. Meanwhile, in Chicago you wont even be let on school grounds w/o a mask (kids or parent). Students wear them all day, everywhere.

They are bringing EVERYONE back, meaning it's much more crowded both in the classes and even throughout the campus (hallways etc). Here in the US many districts proposed a phased return (a cpl grade levels at a time), and always kept the option of full remote for those uncomfortable with returning (which obviously lowers classroom/school density).

They didn't always require expensive air filtration, or physical barriers between students.

They weren't organizing students into pods/small groups. In the UK the rules said that a "pod" could have up to 240 students :dwillhuh:

Not even close to the same situations smh

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
Not this dumbass shyt again.
cdc.jpg

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
They are bringing EVERYONE back, meaning it's much more crowded both in the classes and even throughout the campus (hallways etc). Here in the US many districts proposed a phased return (a cpl grade levels at a time), and always kept the option of full remote for those uncomfortable with returning (which obviously lowers classroom/school density).
I suggest you actually spend time speaking with teachers.

11 of your 123 kids are in class. Now you expect them to teach both in person and remote work flows. It ultimately ends up being a bedlam and not beneficial to the teachers nor the students.

But you're a know it all. And you're wrong. :yeshrug:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
for the record, i didnt mean to bring this shyt up again :dead: my bad

but the fact is that it IS a question of governance, per the thread title, and im not liking the writing on the wall. we're talking about the rare type of issues that actually do affect everyone in the country; it IS relevant

i just dont want Speaker McCarthy :mjcry: hes such a piece of shyt

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
for the record, i didnt mean to bring this shyt up again :dead: my bad

but the fact is that it IS a question of governance, per the thread title, and im not liking the writing on the wall. we're talking about the rare type of issues that actually do affect everyone in the country; it IS relevant

i just dont want Speaker McCarthy :mjcry: hes such a piece of shyt
No, it's a state and local issue. Stop.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I suggest you actually spend time speaking with teachers.

11 of your 123 kids are in class. Now you expect them to teach both in person and remote work flows. It ultimately ends up being a bedlam and not beneficial to the teachers nor the students.

But you're a know it all. And you're wrong. :yeshrug:

Breh my wife is a teacher.

My mom was a teacher.

Most of the mutual friends I gained through my wife are teachers.

And I actually agree that in school + remote simultaneously poses significant issues for teachers. And more often than not I fault the school districts bc that disconnect is mostly due to an inability/unwillingness to be creative, develop and implement solutions under time constraints etc.

But at the end of the day, thats more a convenient diversion than anything else bc the teachers/unions original complaint was about safety, not pedagogy. They assured us that their primary concern was to ensure they weren't subjected to unsafe conditions (for teachers and students). But once the science became inconvenient oh now it's about the dual track teaching. And in places like Chicago it was the unions red line declaration against any in school return that created an environment where all the energy went into political warfare rather than refining the existing system.

But then again they are political operators so they're actually pretty good at manipulating those who don't know (you) into riding for their cause. They send their own kids to catholic schools (which have been in session most of the year) at the same time claiming that they need to stay home to protect their Black/Brown students. They spent all year getting their homes remodeled w/o worrying about all the workers coming in and out of the house or like one couple we know, have been teaching remotely from Florida lmao.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
But at the end of the day, thats more a convenient diversion than anything else bc the teachers/unions original complaint was about safety, not pedagogy. They assured us that their primary concern was to ensure they weren't subjected to unsafe conditions (for teachers and students). But once the science became inconvenient oh now it's about the dual track teaching. And in places like Chicago it was the unions red line declaration against any in school return that created an environment where all the energy went into political warfare rather than refining the existing system.

My guy, you've claimed that in school learning is safer than fully remote learning.

I'm currently working on a photojournalism piece that actually deals with the safety of first responders and essential workers during covid.

So, to skip the round about back and forth the most common complaint they've all echoed is, "people aren't actually concerned about our safety, but merely telling us what is safe enough so that they do not have to be inconvenienced."

Framing the request that in person learning doesn't resume until you can assure the safety of teachers as an unreasonable ask seems to fall in line with that complaint.