How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Or maybe we can speculate that Joe Biden is receiving some top-secret CIA serum that is allowing him to avoid normal mental degeneration for a man his age, even as he displays obvious signs of it, because we need our elected politicians to be superheroes we worship?

I like that but I think my option is less controversial.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I think Biden is 78 years old, the oldest man to ever be elected President.
Yep but that doesn't answer my answer.

Also, the average life expectancy of a 78 year old man is 9 years (so around the age of 87). Biden is also not your typical 78 year old, he's fit, healthy and exercises often. Additionally, he's been the VP and now, he's going to be the President. He will have access to the best healthcare in the world for the rest of his life.

Finally, once again, do you think that Biden has Alzheimer's/dementia?

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Yep but that doesn't answer my answer.

Also, the average life expectancy of a 78 year old man is 9 years (so around the age of 87). Biden is also not your typical 78 year old, he's fit, healthy and exercises often. Additionally, he's been the VP and now, he's going to be the President. He will have access to the best healthcare in the world for the rest of his life.

Finally, once again, do you think that Biden has Alzheimer's/dementia?
No, I don't believe Joe Biden has Alzheimer's. It's a clinical disease, and I have seen no medical expert speculate that he does. Dementia? Perhaps some early-onset/signs, like many 78-year-olds. We've seen him have issues with memory, language, thinking on the fly, etc. Again, he's 78 years old. He was 18 when JFK was elected. That's pretty fukking old. He's not even a Boomer, he's from The Silent Generation. There's no shame in getting old and having your cognitive abilities degenerate, it happens.

I think looking at average life expectancy is a bit of a red herring for two reasons:

1) The topic of discussion isn't whether Joe Biden is going to croak soon, it's his mental faculties. Unless you're comfortable with the idea of a warm body being President, his mental health matters as much as his physical health.

2) The average 78 year old man isn't about to embark on one of the most stressful, mentally taxing jobs on the planet, so using the average metrics doesn't really apply here. The Presidency ages the fukk out of people, and Biden doesn't much headroom.

We don't have to defend the gerontocracy.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
No, I don't believe Joe Biden has Alzheimer's. It's a clinical disease, and I have seen no medical expert speculate that he does. Dementia? Perhaps some early-onset/signs, like many 78-year-olds. We've seen him have issues with memory, language, thinking on the fly, etc. Again, he's 78 years old. He was 18 when JFK was elected. That's pretty fukking old. He's not even a Boomer, he's from The Silent Generation. There's no shame in getting old and having your cognitive abilities degenerate, it happens.

I think looking at average life expectancy is a bit of a red herring for two reasons:

1) The topic of discussion isn't whether Joe Biden is going to croak soon, it's his mental faculties. Unless you're comfortable with the idea of a warm body being President, his mental health matters as much as his physical health.

2) The average 78 year old man isn't about to embark on one of the most stressful, mentally taxing jobs on the planet, so using the average metrics doesn't really apply here. The Presidency ages the fukk out of people, and Biden doesn't much headroom.

We don't have to defend the gerontocracy.
I'm not defending anything. Your statement earlier said that the way Biden is picking his Cabinet gives you "2nd term Reagan vibes" and that he's picking familiar faces for that reason. It's well-reported now that Reagan probably had early-on set dementia in his second term. So that's why I asked the question.

Additionally, Kamala Harris is going to be the VP. She's a healthy 56 year old. Nothing to worry about if Biden declines mentally.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
I'm not defending anything. Your statement earlier said that the way Biden is picking his Cabinet gives you "2nd term Reagan vibes" and that he's picking familiar faces for that reason. It's well-reported now that Reagan probably had early-on set dementia in his second term. So that's why I asked the question.

Additionally, Kamala Harris is going to be the VP. She's a healthy 56 year old. Nothing to worry about if Biden declines mentally.
Reagan had actual Alzheimer's. When I said 2nd term Reagan vibes I meant his team putting training wheels on him because of his advanced age and the normal cognitive limitations that come with being a 78-year-old man. The reason we're seeing all these retreads and weird nominees is old ass Joe Biden isn't about to learn a bunch of new people's names and histories. His long political history also comes with the baggage of owed favors being cashed in. It is what it is.

And yeah, I'm not saying they need to invoke the 25th Amendment, I'm just saying his advanced age is playing a role in the way his administration is coming together.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I'd define it as a candidate that people are inspired to come out and out to vote for, rather than just against the other guy.

Biden didn't really even try to be that :manny: he basically just ran on being inoffensive enough to max out the anti-Trump vote.
"Great" candidates are once in a generation. Biden did exactly what he needed to do to win.