How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
I prefer positions like DOE and the EPA to be run by actual scientists. However, as far as non-scientists go, folks like Granholm (and Inslee) are good picks.

@Piff Perkins is the one that didn’t like the Lloyd pick because he was in the military.didn’t mind it since was getting a breh in there. not going to satisfy everyone :yeshrug:
I think Austin is one of the more thoughtless picks Biden's made.

A congressional waiver should be for a person who is either uniquely qualified or the most qualified candidate for the position, Austin is neither of those. Of the three people in Biden's laughably narrow search, only Flournoy would fit that profile and she doesn't even need a waiver.

If you want a black person, then choose Jeh Johnson (the other finalist). If you want a black general, then choose Vincent Brooks who served as commander of US forces in Korea and the US Army in the Pacific. I wouldn't be a fan of Brooks getting a waiver either; however, at least his area of expertise is more relevant to what the US should be focused on during the Biden's tenure than Austin's expertise is (the Middle East).

I would honestly love to know the rationale behind this pick because it just seems so thoughtless.

i never knew pete was a progressive. always was a soulless possible CIA plant to me
Nah, he's just your run of the mill self-important consultant who hunts for resume trophies that he can parlay into more lucrative opportunities. Every bit as vapid as you think he is, but he appeals to the "right" people so he won't go away.

He's my favorite intraparty antagonist.:pachaha:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Pete is transportation Secretary is not bad :ehh:, if he was straight, he would of been the nominee or VP nominee.
Buttigieg was only even in the conversation because he wasn't straight, and no matter what his orientation there is zero chance that Biden was going to pick a 38yo White boy from Indiana as his running mate, especially one whose base already almost completely overlapped with his.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Buttigieg was only even in the conversation because he wasn't straight, and no matter what his orientation there is zero chance that Biden was going to pick a 38yo White boy from Indiana as his running mate, especially one whose base already almost completely overlapped with his.
Good VP pick for Kamala in '24.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I prefer positions like DOE and the EPA to be run by actual scientists. However, as far as non-scientists go, folks like Granholm (and Inslee) are good picks.
I don't think EPA needs to be run by a scientist. Scientists really don't have an amazing record of being strong supporters of environmental protections. So long as they have plenty of scientists on staff to do the studies and reports, I'd much rather have the EPA be run by a committed conservationist.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Good VP pick for Kamala in '24.
If only he weren't an awful, insincere, self-promotional person who has a history of serving wealth and hiding his actions and associations from the public...

If you want to see the Democratic Party double-down on losing identity politics and social media battles instead of winning issues that will actually improve the lives of their constituents, it would be a great move tho.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
IDK what "great candidate" means anymore

I'd define it as a candidate that people are inspired to come out and out to vote for, rather than just against the other guy.

Biden didn't really even try to be that :manny: he basically just ran on being inoffensive enough to max out the anti-Trump vote.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
I would honestly love to know the rationale behind this pick because it just seems so thoughtless.
Same rationale as most of these picks, like Susan Rice to head of the Domestic Policy Council, Biden remembers his face. Apparently, the Biden Team is very, very wary of putting new faces around the President-elect and is managing his circle very tightly. Gives me 2nd term Reagan vibes.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Same rationale as most of these picks, like Susan Rice to head of the Domestic Policy Council, Biden remembers his face. Apparently, the Biden Team is very, very wary of putting new faces around the President-elect and is managing his circle very tightly. Gives me 2nd term Reagan vibes.
LOL, you think that Biden has Alzheimer's/dementia?

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Maybe we can reduce the life expectancy in the US somehow?
Or maybe we can speculate that Joe Biden is receiving some top-secret CIA serum that is allowing him to avoid normal mental degeneration for a man his age, even as he displays obvious signs of it, because we need our elected politicians to be superheroes we worship?