How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
If we're being honest the main thing he did to win was not be Trump. Doesn't seem like he did much for the Dems downballot..
Again, he did what he needed to do to win. No one else in the field could've done the same.

"Great" presidential candidates aren't common, most of the time its a certain person at the right time.

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
Same rationale as most of these picks, like Susan Rice to head of the Domestic Policy Council, Biden remembers his face. Apparently, the Biden Team is very, very wary of putting new faces around the President-elect and is managing his circle very tightly. Gives me 2nd term Reagan vibes.

No, his other underqualified picks look more like incompetent/botched favor trading than anything else. He didn't negotiate the Grand Bargain because he was in mental decline, he did so because he's a fool who overvalues dealmaking.

Anyway, Biden isn't better acquainted with Austin than he is with Flournoy and Johnson, the latter served with him in Obama's cabinet. From what I’ve recently read, Austin seems like an overcorrection to the things Obama had to deal with when Gates was SecDef. Austin’s considered deferential and non-ideological, so Blinken and Sullivan will more power to shape foreign policy. I'm really curious about the differences Biden/Blinken have with Flournoy and Johnson because that alone is kind of pathetic.

To me, the Rice pick reeks of garden variety nepotism to keep her around and help boost her profile in case she chooses to run for something down the road (recall the rumors of her challenging Collins). His affinity for her is the only reason she was being seriously considered for VP.

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
any indication of what Biden's FP will be? more specifically regarding one of the few things i agreed with Trump on, pulling our troops/military from Europe and forcing them to step up their own military spending?
Biden is to the left of Obama in foreign intervention. Biden was against intervening in Libya, Syria etc. He is going to keep troops in Iraq and Syria to prevent ISIS from coming back again but he is not on the Trump strategy of opposing Iran. He will re-enter the Iran nuclear deal. He will maintain NATO to oppose Russia so I don't see that policy changing. He will just be there to maintain the status quo. He is very apprehensive in foreign engagements. But who knows because geopolitics is unpredictable especially we are in the era of climate change. Obama came into 2008 promising withdrawing from Iraq. I doubt he would imagine that in 5-6 years he would have to get back in the mideast. But he had to deal with the Arab Spring, the Arab winter(Syrian civil war, Yemen Civil war, collapse of Libya, rise of ISIS etc). Biden is likely going to face foreign crises as the world is very unstable so we shall see what awaits him the next four years.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
No, his other underqualified picks look more like incompetent/botched favor trading than anything else. He didn't negotiate the Grand Bargain because he was in mental decline, he did so because he's a fool who overvalues dealmaking.

Anyway, Biden isn't better acquainted with Austin than he is with Flournoy and Johnson, the latter served with him in Obama's cabinet. From what I’ve recently read, Austin seems like an overcorrection to the things Obama had to deal with when Gates was SecDef. Austin’s considered deferential and non-ideological, so Blinken and Sullivan will more power to shape foreign policy. I'm really curious about the differences Biden/Blinken have with Flournoy and Johnson because that alone is kind of pathetic.

To me, the Rice pick reeks of garden variety nepotism to keep her around and help boost her profile in case she chooses to run for something down the road (recall the rumors of her challenging Collins). His affinity for her is the only reason she was being seriously considered for VP.
As I subsequently stated, I think it's both. Everyone you've mentioned, including Austin, is in the inner circle. His entire case for picking Austin is that he's known the man for the past decade.

Why I Chose Lloyd Austin as Secretary of Defense

He's basically given the same rationale for all of his picks. "I know these people." Your point about the other candidates being Flournoy and Johnson shows he didn't really even consider many people from outside his inner circle. Klain, Richetti, Blinken, O'Malley Dillon, Sullivan, Deese, Rice, Kerry, Donilon, Yellen, Psaki, Granholm, Austin, Vilsack, McDonough, none of these are faces Biden hasn't been intimately familiar with for the past 10 years. I think a younger man would have had the energy to look outside the clubhouse a bit more. Can't teach an old dog new tricks. :yeshrug:

The Rice pick is totally absurd.

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
I hope Biden's people read the Prospect... some very interesting ideas.

Joe Biden Is Unhappy About the Day One Agenda
Apparently, Biden isn’t thrilled about the trajectory of this discussion. On a call with civil rights leaders leaked to the press last week, Biden flashed some anger at the idea that he has the ability to make great strides for the American people even if Congress balks. “There’s some things that I’m going to be able to do by executive order,” Biden acknowledged, stating that he would “use it to undo every single damn thing this guy [Donald Trump] has done by executive authority.” But, he quickly added, “executive authority that my progressive friends talk about is way beyond the bounds … Not within the constitutional authority. I am not going to violate the Constitution.”
Biden has made it know he really isn't going to go nuclear with executive power. We have to win those GA races. :francis:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Haaland got it!

Time to attack Pelosi!

What do you guys think about his EPA pick?