How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
It sounds good, "wait until they get in and then apply pressure"... But how do you intend to do that, apart from voting in midterms and the subsequent primaries?

I say that to say, vote Biden, and then lower your expectations for 4 years :unimpressed:
Voting is the last lap, not the only course of action. All that activist spirit from the summer needs to come out and target elected officials.

When we break the mindset that elitist want us to have that “only voting matters,” then we will see our true power.

Daps
It sounds good, "wait until they get in and then apply pressure"... But how do you intend to do that, apart from voting in midterms and the subsequent primaries?

I say that to say, vote Biden, and then lower your expectations for 4 years :unimpressed:

That is some straight hoe shyt, and plenty people are not going to go for that if that is really your suggestion

Daps
Low Quality Posting
Biden is trying to give positions to Republicans, but some of you online are acting as slave patrol because Ice Cube met with some Republicans? Y’all are going to be in for a really rude awakening on Election Day

hjnm

All Star
Daps
No Republican will get one of the major positions. Some of it is simply a peace token and show of unity.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

He is probably slated to become Chairman of Budget if Dems win the Senate. He’s currently the ranking member.

That’s a lot of sway over the FY21 budget reconciliation bills that Biden will need to pass immediately. The reason stand a lone bills won’t get passed is you still need 60 votes outside of budget reconciliation bills (where you need only 51).

The filibuster for passing law is probably not going to be repealed because of Manchin, Sinema and other senators who’ve already come out saying nope. I don’t see that changing even if there’s a healthy majority.

Biggest affirmative case for Biden he said is that he’s tired of playing defense and wants to go on offense.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps

8ce.jpg

I noticed she continually foregrounds student loan forgiveness as one of the first policies a Biden Administration should pursue. I remember Stoller saying the same, as it would give Biden buy-in from the most skeptical portion of his coalition and immediately show Democrats are actually worth a shyt and can create direct, clear, tangible, positive changes in millions of people's lives practically overnight. Create a whole generation of Biden Democrats. It's a no fukkin brainer and has the added benefit of giving him some breathing room to handle the deeper, more difficult items on his agenda. Glad to see Liz totally nail abolishing the filibuster as well. Her instincts here are absolutely correct, she needs to be in the damn room.