How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
She's in the Senate... she has say. She ruined Larry Summers bid to be Chairman of the Fed under Obama.
She has a voice as a prominent Senator but I see no evidence she has Biden's ear. Too many reports coming from people close to the campaign saying the opposite, so I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, I'm preparing for Treasury Secretary Dimon. :yeshrug:

hjnm

All Star
Daps
Believe it or not I think Milquetoast will listen to the likes of Manchin and Tester more.
Nobody listens to Manchin and Tester.

She has a voice as a prominent Senator but I see no evidence she has Biden's ear. Too many reports coming from people close to the campaign saying the opposite, so I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, I'm preparing for Treasury Secretary Dimon. :yeshrug:

She has been one of Biden's closest advisors, people hate Wall Street guys but Powell and Mnuchin have had the best responses to the crisis.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
She's been involved in the COVID response, which from the Fed side has been great.

I also like this.

Federal Reserve Board - Community Reinvestment Act (CRA)
uhhh "great" is not how I would describe the Fed's COVID response. It hasn't been as much of a shytshow as the congressional or executive response, but there's really not been much to give me faith that current Fed leadership is capable of leading the Treasury in their efforts to guide America through the impending unprecedented economic challenges. I don't know much about Brainard, but her resume is not impressive, she's a career status quo economic bureaucrat who "was responsible for ensuring the implementation of NAFTA, and for preparing the way for China’s entry into the WTO, with few conditions other than granting access to investment banks such as Goldman Sachs." Granted, she's pushed back on financial deregulation recently in her capacity as a member of the Board of Governors on the Fed, but that's slim pickings. She seems very much in line with the other options being floated in the tweets. Normal, down the middle, loyal Establishment Democrats with a hint of outsider energy sprinkled in here and there.

hjnm

All Star
Daps
I think the Fed has done their job mostly, it's congress than hasn't lived up to their end.