How to spot a psuedo-intellectual

Steve Piffler

I got them CERTS
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Quit playing, you know you need a massage, Steve:heh:

yeah, that nikka Bill Bellamy's character "Wood" and that other ol quiet storm voice ass nikka....:why: The bad thing is....i actually like the movie. but those group of smart/dumb nikkas is annoying....:upsetfavre:

BedRoomI'z

All Money In
Daps
Reppin
South Memphis
yeah, that nikka Bill Bellamy's character "Wood" and that other ol quiet storm voice ass nikka....:why: The bad thing is....i actually like the movie. but those group of smart/dumb nikkas is annoying....:upsetfavre:

Bill Bellamy was a necessary evil and he was funny with it too.

But, SaVaughn>>>>>Darius

2224910_o.gif

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they often compare themselves to other people and try to point out how much better they are than the average person.

Steve Piffler

I got them CERTS
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Why did I know what scene you were talking about before
I watched?

God, I love this movie:snoop:

:russ:

but keep it real....how many REAL people do you know like the "reniassance man" Darius and his trusty crew of pretentious a$$holes? i don't know any, personally. i have run into them on occasion tho....:shaq2:

BedRoomI'z

All Money In
Daps
Reppin
South Memphis
:russ:

but keep it real....how many REAL people do you know like the "reniassance man" Darius and his trusty crew of pretentious a$$holes? i don't know any, personally. i have run into them on occasion tho....:shaq2:

Usually they be so full of shyt and lies, don't have anything going
for themselves, so you really can't take anything they say seriously.

At least, these dudes in LJ had careers. The ones I have ran into just had
great mouthpieces, funny, but, in the end, not worth resources or time:jawalrus:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
pseudointellectual*(plural*pseudointellectuals)Someone who*pretends*to be more*intelligent*than they are.* [quotations*▼]

[edit]Usage notes

Usage is fraught, and*pseudointellectual*may be used as a general term of abuse for intellectuals one dislikes or disagrees with. Nevertheless, in more careful use a rather clear distinction is drawn:[1]*a*pseudointellectual*is someone dishonestly or insincerely using the language, style, or topics of an intellectual, but who lacks the goals, morals, or ability of a “genuine” intellectual. It is someone who acts pretentiously and wishes to win an argument or impress, rather than modestly trying to find the truth – a focus on surface and*rhetoric*over content. These often involve a superficial understanding of a subject and condescension to the audience, as well as possible self-delusion (not being consciously dishonest, but rather genuinely thinking themself to be behaving as a genuine intellectual despite their incompetence).

From wiki