How to spot a psuedo-intellectual

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
when they nit pick at every single thing you say no matter how insignificant it is to the overall argument, like grammar.

When someone attacks your spelling or grammar instead of the actual content you already know they don't know what they are talking about. They also spell grammar as grammer too. :deadrose:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
What are some ways to spot these faggits.

And do you deal with them at all or do you just ignore them?
How to spot them?
Listen to what they have to say. If your "oh lawd" meter goes off the charts, he's one of them.

How to deal with them?
Discontinue the conversation. Bring up something they can't discuss like the NHL or women.

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When someone attacks your spelling or grammar instead of the actual content you already know they don't know what they are talking about. They also spell grammar as grammer too. :deadrose:

I just find it funny when a person speaking on intelligence expresses themselves unintelligently. :ehh:

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How to spot them?
Listen to what they have to say. If your "oh lawd" meter goes off the charts, he's one of them.

How to deal with them?
Discontinue the conversation. Bring up something they can't discuss like the weather or women.

I gotta tell you...this is the most irritating thing in the whole world.

Let's say you're speaking on something and you're making valid intelligent reasonable points that are beyond your listener's comprehension.

Most of the time it just sounds like gibberish to them so they'll dismiss your whole argument, not because it's the vapid ramblings of a pseudo-intellectual, but because they don't have the capacity to understand it.

I know a couple of dummies who have given up trying to hold a conversation with me because they can't comprehend what I'm saying. They probably think I'm a smart dumb guy but IDGAF. :lolbron:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I gotta tell you...this is the most irritating thing in the whole world.

Let's say you're speaking on something and you're making valid intelligent reasonable points that are beyond your listener's comprehension.

Most of the time it just sounds like gibberish to them so they'll dismiss your whole argument, not because it's the vapid ramblings of a pseudo-intellectual, but because they don't have the capacity to understand it.

I know a couple of dummies who have given up trying to hold a conversation with me because they can't comprehend what I'm saying. They probably think I'm a smart dumb guy but IDGAF. :lolbron:
LOL. You said vapid.

Boutdatlife

Shoe & music connoisseur
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I remember back in college i had a group project to do and the teacher was an a$$hole.

The project wasnt hard but it was mad tedious.

When i use this word one time dude in my group said it 100 times by the times we left .

Every one kept looking around like :wtf: is this a new word for you breh.

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
On the real, one of the quickest way to point em out is the fact that they're very pretentious in nature, and seem to jump at the opportunity to flex their "intellectual muscle", even answering questions no one asked. Then, once challenged and/or proven wrong, it starts out a debate, then pretty much ends up being an fight for the last word, complete with the adult equivalent of "LALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOUUUU, YOU'RE AN IDIOT, I'M RIGHT AND YOU'RE WRONG DUMBASS!" <-----that is a pseudo-intellectual self destructing. Alot of them also tend to try and push their opinions on others as facts, and when the other party disagrees and/or the pseudo-intellectual cannot comprehend their stance on the issue, they get frustrated and resort to name calling like dude mentioned earlier. People who act like this usually get their mentality from spending a lot of time around yes men and people who see through the bullshyt, but don't wanna bother wasting time arguing with those types.

As stated earlier..... *see any Art Barr post*