"How to build Immense Inner Strength" David Goggins interview with Dr. Hubberman

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I try to stay out of certain battles unless it's something I believe in. For example, Huberman has just been a scientist to me. But I see some view him differently. I don't know who beefing with who. You post something then next thing you know you're being mislabeled.
I don’t take these dudes serious. They wake up and find reasons to be mad

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
David is a textbook "I had to destroy everything I was in order to become what I wanted to be" type. It's not his fault that young white men flock to him, and take his messages to heart while young black men consider him a "goofy", "cornball brotha". Of course not everything will apply, but there isn't a man alive on this planet that can't benefit from some of the things that David embodies. My only issue is sometimes it feels like he's playing a role...Like he can't take his foot off the gas, or else he'll revert back. We can't be so sensitive that we ignore a message just because we don't like the messenger. Other than that David seems like a solid ass dude.

Treblemaka

President, BYNKRadio.com (Retired)
Daps
Reppin
Black Empowerment
I’ve heard the seal community can be on some mean girl shyt sometimes.

That's a very nice way to put it. Imagine a vvhite boy frat except everyone is really good at killing people, has a high pain tolerance, and wants to be the alpha. What they call light ribbing is a lawsuit if it was an NFL locker room. Keep in mind Goggins was like the 36th Black SEAL in their history and did a bunch of big no nos like going for CAG selection (twice) after they rejected him at the end of the DevGru process and breaking other team guys when he was managing PT for his Task Unit. He put a target on his back in a couple of ways.

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's interesting is Goggins and Jocko don't really get along. Goggins doesn't get along with many SEALs because he feels that many of them cash on the Trident but don't live the SEAL ethos on a daily basis. He pissed alot of that community off while he was in the teams for political (and possibly racial) reasons. Meanwhile Jocko is one of the most buddy buddy guys in the teams. Goggins said he's willing to be on Jockos pod, but Jocko (and almost every other SEAL with a podcast) has him blacklisted.

I respect that Goggins does the stuff he's talking about unlike most of those self help guys. At the same time he's one of those guys (like most people) where you have to apply what works for your life and discard the rest.

His military jacket is the only one of its kind in the history of the military but he doesn't really talk about it much. He's usually talking about HOW he did it not WHAT he did. It's also relatable because dude was a 300 lb guy in a dead end job before he joined the SEAL teams.

yeah, the hate is real. Who can say they are an navy seal and an army ranger

I dont think he's a problem, but people who deify him and those "rankings/titles" are the problem, IF people take issue with him.

He found leadership in himself and admitted he had help along the way.

Those SEALS that dont like him are upset that he shook up the country club. They did get soft. They hate that HE(black guy of all people) had to be the one to shake things up and straighten them out.

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I fukk with Huberman, he's just a researcher and has a bunch of interesting topics...

I read Goggins first book, it was cool, he accomplished alot of dope shyt...I just dont like that c00n personally. He grew up being called niggeR by cacs but stays surrounded by em...im sure this is a good discussion tho:manny:

He actually hangs arouncd Bony(Jon Bones Jones) alot.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
P
David is a textbook "I had to destroy everything I was in order to become what I wanted to be" type. It's not his fault that young white men flock to him, and take his messages to heart while young black men consider him a "goofy", "cornball brotha". Of course not everything will apply, but there isn't a man alive on this planet that can't benefit from some of the things that David embodies. My only issue is sometimes it feels like he's playing a role...Like he can't take his foot off the gas, or else he'll revert back. We can't be so sensitive that we ignore a message just because we don't like the messenger. Other than that David seems like a solid ass dude.

We don’t owe Dave shyt and vice versa, everybody got a story he just wrote a book

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Internet loves tearing people down.

Not too big of a Huberman fan because I feel he sells out too much. Will listen to this later though Goggins helped change my life

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
He actually hangs arouncd Bony(Jon Bones Jones) alot.

That I can believe

134318063-e1546114698320.jpg

Internet loves tearing people down.

Not too big of a Huberman fan because I feel he sells out too much. Will listen to this later though Goggins helped change my life

How does Huberman sell out?

Pool_Shark

Daps
That I can believe

134318063-e1546114698320.jpg

How does Huberman sell out?
I saw a clip of him on Andrew Schulz podcast

Mid convo he starts promoting that bullshyt jawzrsize product. I tried looking for the video but it's not online anymore for some reason.

I listened to his podcast and he's selling all kinds of products when to be at your best healthwise it has nothing to do with buying stuff. He shills all this junk that's not necessary.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Our life philosophy align in more places than not do not look at David as someone who has inner strength. He's only willful and disciplined as fukk. If he was confined to chair or do not have the ability to physically exert himself, David would have crashed out a while ago. He has alot of self hatred and inner demons who actively avoids through work or keeping himself occupied.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
I saw a clip of him on Andrew Schulz podcast

Mid convo he starts promoting that bullshyt jawzrsize product. I tried looking for the video but it's not online anymore for some reason.

I listened to his podcast and he's selling all kinds of products when to be at your best healthwise it has nothing to do with buying stuff. He shills all this junk that's not necessary.

:wow: Huberman shilling As-Seen-On-TV products lmao. I've never seen him on other peoples platforms before...I'll keep an eye out tho

Our life philosophy align in more places than not do not look at David as someone who has inner strength. He's only willful and disciplined as fukk. If he was confined to chair or do not have the ability to physically exert himself, David would have crashed out a while ago. He has alot of self hatred and inner demons who actively avoids through work or keeping himself occupied.

I think this is a good take

Pool_Shark

Daps
:wow: Huberman shilling As-Seen-On-TV products lmao. I've never seen him on other peoples platforms before...I'll keep an eye out tho

I think this is a good take
There's that saying "Don't throw the baby out with the bath water."

There's a lot to learn from him but I'm cautious when I listen to his podcast.

Ok found it. The convos starts around 1:15 and if you listen it sounds like they are all trying to funnel the conversation towards this equipment.

Last edited: