"How to build Immense Inner Strength" David Goggins interview with Dr. Hubberman

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
I fukk with Huberman, he's just a researcher and has a bunch of interesting topics...

I read Goggins first book, it was cool, he accomplished alot of dope shyt...I just dont like that c00n personally. He grew up being called niggeR by cacs but stays surrounded by em...im sure this is a good discussion tho:manny:

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
I'm not too familiar with him myself but I was tryna see what he has to say (since thecoli was takking about him)

This fool said he pushed himself so hard in a marathon that he shat himself midrace and was pissing blood after :gucci: I know right then and there this b*stard got some serious demons. No one in their right mind is inspired by that kinda story
Probably not the best story to start for him. Try looking for when he discusses his early challenges.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I fukk with him because he goes hard and in life you gotta go hard. Motherfukkers be taking breaks and vacations, celebrating, treating themselves. "I earned this :smile:" people make excuses. He's an example of someone prominent that doesn't do that. The world needs to aspire to be more like him.

What i don't like is he married a white woman who's father called him n-----r. Of course they got divorced, it's impossible to perceive that you're going to have a loving lasting marriage in that circumstance. Then he married another white woman.

His books are good.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Hunberman says some really weird shyt. Like Tony huge and Leo and longevity pauedoscience type shyt.

Googins and hunberman are entertainment to me.

That said if you can get anything positive out of them more power to you.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
What has he been through?
Father was mentally and physically abusive to the point where both him and his brother would get severe injuries.

Grew up in a mostly white area, so he got into fights over racial bullshyt. Damn near got lynched one night.

Mother finally said one day that she is leaving their father (with him in the room) and said you either leave with me or stay with him.

Left that same day.

Grew up, hated himself for a decade. Decided to go into the military one day and the rest is history.

I glossed over a metric fukkton of shyt but the man has NEVER had a calm moment.

He definitely lives how he says he does.

I'm happy he is still close to his mother.

Last edited:

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
What has he been through?

Abuse from his father
Moving to an all white town young and the downfalls of that
Identity issues
Dead end job and no prospects
Injuries in the military
Heart defect that almost killed him

Read his first book, it’s an incredible story

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps

:russ:I like Goggins one of the only online motivators I’ll listen to. Should you 100% follow all of his advice no. But bruh does push a brotha to put in work lol. He’s good in my book but his stans are corny.

This nikka is hilarious. Lou Ratchett needs more recognition :russ:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mess with Goggins

He been through the ringer his whole life and continues to show up

What I don’t like is the audience he seems to cater. He definitely has a “following” that follows the likes of Jordan Peterson, Jocko and all these “mental warriors” soft cacs seem to gravitate too

Is he from the hood? African village?UK slum?

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
1st let me say, this is my first time encountering him. I only listened to him because I listen to this podcast. So if this board has beef with him, trust me, I'm not posting him because I'm a stan. I just found it interesting how he puts himself down (calling himself dumb, piece of ish) but has accomplished more then most people. So again before yall come at me, I'm not a stan if yall got beef with him.

Why are you scared of what this board thinks? Fukk these nikkaz :dahell:

Anyways. I read his first book. It was good and he helped me focus on my fitness and health.

Inspirational :wow:

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Why are you scared of what this board thinks? Fukk these nikkaz :dahell:

Anyways. I read his first book. It was good and he helped me focus on my fitness and health.

Inspirational :wow:
I try to stay out of certain battles unless it's something I believe in. For example, Huberman has just been a scientist to me. But I see some view him differently. I don't know who beefing with who. You post something then next thing you know you're being mislabeled.