"How to build Immense Inner Strength" David Goggins interview with Dr. Hubberman

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
I liked Goggins first book.
And I'm impressed with what he's endured.

I do think there's value in his message that you can learn a lot through suffering.

The more I think about it though, Goggins finds strength in motivation through suffering and negativity. His self loathing is what makes him push forward. And no matter how much he tries to convince people that he's not angry and miserable all the time, he certainly doesn't spark joy. That's for damn sure.

But many people also find strength and motivation through positive reinforcement. So it just depends on what a person responds to.

Literally ancient self help

“ Romans 5:3
Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.” God

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
I mess with Goggins

He been through the ringer his whole life and continues to show up

What I don’t like is the audience he seems to cater. He definitely has a “following” that follows the likes of Jordan Peterson, Jocko and all these “mental warriors” soft cacs seem to gravitate too

jay83

Superstar
Daps
I mess with Goggins

What I don’t like is the audience he seems to cater. He definitely has a “following” that follows the likes of Jordan Peterson, Jocko and all these “mental warriors” soft cacs seem to gravitate too

The red pill, mma, I don’t watch the nfl, Lebron James is a bytch, Colin kapernick is a loser, Donald trump tells it like it is, I love Eminem but hate rap, I wish more people were like Candace owens, the liberal agenda is out for me, I hate Floyd maeweather but love Connor mcgregor crowd,

Treblemaka

President, BYNKRadio.com (Retired)
Daps
Reppin
Black Empowerment
I mess with Goggins

What's interesting is Goggins and Jocko don't really get along. Goggins doesn't get along with many SEALs because he feels that many of them cash on the Trident but don't live the SEAL ethos on a daily basis. He pissed alot of that community off while he was in the teams for political (and possibly racial) reasons. Meanwhile Jocko is one of the most buddy buddy guys in the teams. Goggins said he's willing to be on Jockos pod, but Jocko (and almost every other SEAL with a podcast) has him blacklisted.

I respect that Goggins does the stuff he's talking about unlike most of those self help guys. At the same time he's one of those guys (like most people) where you have to apply what works for your life and discard the rest.

His military jacket is the only one of its kind in the history of the military but he doesn't really talk about it much. He's usually talking about HOW he did it not WHAT he did. It's also relatable because dude was a 300 lb guy in a dead end job before he joined the SEAL teams.

jay83

Superstar
Daps
What's interesting is Goggins and Jocko don't really get along. Goggins doesn't get along with many SEALs because he feels that many of them cash on the Trident but don't live the SEAL ethos on a daily basis. He pissed alot of that community off while he was in the teams for political (and possibly racial) reasons. Meanwhile Jocko is one of the most buddy buddy guys in the teams. Goggins said he's willing to be on Jockos pod, but Jocko (and almost every other SEAL with a podcast) has him blacklisted.

I respect that Goggins does the stuff he's talking about unlike most of those self help guys. At the same time he's one of those guys (like most people) where you have to apply what works for your life and discard the rest.

His military jacket is the only one of its kind in the history of the military but he doesn't really talk about it much. He's usually talking about HOW he did it not WHAT he did. It's also relatable because dude was a 300 lb guy in a dead end job before he joined the SEAL teams.

I’ve heard the seal community can be on some mean girl shyt sometimes.

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Lol, ok. Yeah I listen to Huberman for science. Didnt know about the Rogan stuff or his political leaning
From what I understand he doesn’t really share his political beliefs.
But I have a friend who had insomnia.
She used to get only 2-3 hours of sleep per night since 7 yrs.
She listened to a few Hubberman podcasts on sleep & insomnia, took the advice & now has about 6hrs of sleep per night.
You think she should care of his political leanings?

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
From what I understand he doesn’t really share his political beliefs.
But I have a friend who had insomnia.
She used to get only 2-3 hours of sleep per night since 7 yrs.
She listened to a few Hubberman podcasts on sleep & insomnia, took the advice & now has about 6hrs of sleep per night.
You think she should care of his political leanings?
Nope

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
I liked Goggins first book.
And I'm impressed with what he's endured.

I do think there's value in his message that you can learn a lot through suffering.

The more I think about it though, Goggins finds strength in motivation through suffering and negativity. His self loathing is what makes him push forward. And no matter how much he tries to convince people that he's not angry and miserable all the time, he certainly doesn't spark joy. That's for damn sure.

But many people also find strength and motivation through positive reinforcement. So it just depends on what a person responds to.
I'm not too familiar with him myself but I was tryna see what he has to say (since thecoli was takking about him)

This fool said he pushed himself so hard in a marathon that he shat himself midrace and was pissing blood after :gucci: I know right then and there this b*stard got some serious demons. No one in their right mind is inspired by that kinda story