How The MCU Fixed Themselves & Why The DCEU Can Be Corrected (keep the stanning away)

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
:gucci:

DC just did that with wonder woman. All you got to do is make a good movie, and people will like any character.

DCEU movies have just been trash outside of wonder woman
Wonder Woman was aight. I’m saying they won’t be dropping hits back after back like Marvel does consistently..

Last edited:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
q7BgeTM.png

Something like this should not be happening.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Critical reviews don't matter all that much in the grand scheme of things.

What some people to this day refuse to accept is that a large segment of the audience wasn't feeling the DCEU stuff out the gate. People would show up and hope for a great movie then leave disappointed. THAT's why the opening weekend numbers keep falling.

instead of just accepting that the films weren't hitting with the a majority of the audience they stuck their heads into the sand until it was too late, then started doing stupid shyt like heavily editing films late in development.

All they have to do to fix it is put out quality movies.

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Zack stunk the place up no doubt about it but you chose him so be committed to his vision you would think they'd learn with Suicide Squad and how heavy that got edited and trashed by critics...

I just wanted a great DC universe like Young Justice and JLU.

This to everyone's surprise might make less than every DC project released thus far.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
I mostly agree with what the OP said but i think dc should just go with standalone movies and no shared universe. Marvel make it work but i don't think dc should have tried to do the same because people will start to see it as avenger lite or copy etc. Good standalone films for their characters would work better imo.:yeshrug:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Another thing,

It's highly likely to be a void after the two Infinity War movies. Why not build up a universe with solo films, bide your time, and take advantage when there's an opening? A BvS post-Thanos with fleshed out characters would've been a better chess move than trying to out-Marvel Marvel on the eve of their 10-year climactic event. :yeshrug:

Feel robbed of a MOS 2 :francis:

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
MOS despite critics was a hit amongst movie goers I don't know why WB didn't capitalise on that ASAP.
They would have been in a much better place, add a Batman and Flash solo get a few heroes to cameo... Money.
That’s what’s so bad about all of this. It could have all been avoided if they had just made a proper Man of Steel sequel. :snoop:

I had a few issues with it but overall it’s still my favorite DCEU movie and after seeing it I was excited for the future of the DC films.

Instead WB hit panic mode and made fukking Batman v Superman the next film in the universe ?!?:dahell:

If they really wanted to put Batman it it, why not just make it World’s Finest and rip off the cartoon with Luthor and the Joker teaming up?!?:mindblown:

Instead they did Dark Knight Returns and Death of Superman in the same film. Then brought the motherfukka back in the next film like it’s nothing:gucci:&:mjlol:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Another thing,

It's highly likely to be a void after the two Infinity War movies. Why not build up a universe with solo films, bide your time, and take advantage when there's an opening? A BvS post-Thanos with fleshed out characters would've been a better chess move than trying to out-Marvel Marvel on the eve of their 10-year climactic event. :yeshrug:

Feel robbed of a MOS 2 :francis:
This is the way forward. Just make one good movie at a time with one hero or team but in this same connected universe, build good will among the fan base, and when you reach critical mass with a few well received projects hit the public with a surprise team up/event movie.

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s what’s so bad about all of this. It could have all been avoided if they had just made a proper Man of Steel sequel. :snoop:

I had a few issues with it but overall it’s still my favorite DCEU movie and after seeing it I was excited for the future of the DC films.

Instead WB hit panic mode and made fukking Batman v Superman the next film in the universe ?!?:dahell:

If they really wanted to put Batman it it, why not just make it World’s Finest and rip off the cartoon with Luthor and the Joker teaming up?!?:mindblown:

Instead they did Dark Knight Returns and Death of Superman in the same film. Then brought the motherfukka back in the next film like it’s nothing:gucci:&:mjlol:
If you're so desperate to whore Batman out in a Superman movie the World finest would have been so dope
With a young Batman but... Yeah we got...
That momentum from MOS is gone.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
i think im one of the FEW people on here who liked Suicide Squad.
not cause it was great or anything, but they tried to do something different.
at least thats how i felt!
plus...
*in John Stewart voice from Half Baked

"You ever watch Suicide Squad, ON WEED???"
:lolbron:

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
I agree with the idea of a Flashpoint reboot film. There was that scene in BvS that seemed to hint at Flash's time travel ability so maybe that was put in there to foreshadow it and give themselves the option.

As far as what could've/should've been done:

1. The origin films needed to be done before the big meet up. Man of Steel and Wonder Woman were good starts, but BvS happened way too early and Suicide Squad was just.....there. Should've given us either Flash or Aquaman's story before JL as well. Along with Cyborg, it's too many intros to try and make before getting to the heart of this story in JL. The Avengers characters were well established before the main film so the focus was on them trying to build chemistry and take on Loki as opposed to getting a background story on half the team.

2. They need to ease up on the CGI and add more realism to the world. This has been a problem for a while. Snyder seems adverse to using practical effects of any sort. I'm talking for both the characters and scenery. Cyborg would've been better if the actor were put into some sort of robotic looking costume as opposed to being CG for most of the film. Again, Wonder Woman did a great job of not overdoing the CG at least until the end. And by then, they had done such a great job establishing realism that the CG got a pass.

3. Every film seems to revolve around some sort of other worldly villain who's either from outer space or another dimension. It's okay to have a film with a more practical villain. For example, Iron Man didn't face any aliens until the first Avengers film, and we were able to see how that took a toll on him afterwards. Prior to that, he faced off against regular humans who happened to have extraordinary tech. It annoyed me that the Suicide Squad were going up against the Witch. It was too "out there" of a villain if that makes sense. It's like every movie has to have the huge, unstoppable monster that ends up being stopped Deus Ex Machina style. It's okay to have these characters go up against a regular human who becomes a villain like Vulture in Spiderman Homecoming.

i agree wholeheartedly with point 3. keep shyt GROUNDED for non makor movies, i was mad SS was dealing with earth destroying threats instead of a Assault on Arkham type flick.. hopefully moving on, they keep the movies less cgi baddy tryna blow the world up

I do think they rushed it too, but it's not as horrible as many are making it out to be. It can be saved, but they need to slow it down and get it together.

thats what im laughing at dawg. the way people are exageratting the ''DCEU is horrible'' is mad funny, it's like they're unwilling to give it a chance to work, they want it out and only marvel around, mad funny.

nothing is ever broken fully, it can be fixed, and i agree they need to slow down which is why im kinda happy its only Aquaman next year, which is in december. they have a LOT of time to get things set and ready