How The MCU Fixed Themselves & Why The DCEU Can Be Corrected (keep the stanning away)

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
they need to stop using Batman as a crutch, Marvel knew Iron Man could've been that, but they used him as a support to build everybody up. I guess DC might've tried that with BvS to build up WW and it did theoretically work, but it just seems like they want everything to revolve around his character.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
1. Captain America was a bigger icon in Marvel comic history then Iron Man has ever been.
2. Captain America winter soldier was critically acclaimed and grossed more then Iron Man 2 and is on par with Iron Man if refering to profits. You can't deny the impact Cap America films has had within Marvel, and yes, Iron Man is more adored but everyone would rather watch the Cap America Trilogy then Iron Man Trilogy. He's had as much of an impact as Stack has when it comes to Marvel films
3. Avengers is good because it has both Iron Man and Cap America at the forefront of the film (Both leaders who lead differently)

my G. Winter soldier is number 1 on my marvel list, but you buggin if you think Cap was on Starks level when the MCU began, you realise WS is phase 2 right ? without Iron Man paving the way, there was no universe.

Iron Man 2 fixed what hulk movie almost destroyed and the rest is history

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Bottom line? Gotta ditch Snyder. I know fanboys will want to tie me up by my webs for this one but his vision isn’t it right now. I’m not even saying his vision is wrong I’m saying it doesn’t work with the masses and they haven’t found a winning combination yet that doesn’t include patty Jenkins and Gal Gadot. Even suicide squad was Snyder’s aesthetic (to me anyway) and she’s been the only one to crack the safe. But there’s too much baggage with him and his vision. I love the guy visually. He paints a hell of a picture and his action scenes are normally top fukking notch but character isn’t his strong point and the most successful comic book flicks over the past decade put character first and explore those characters and how they interact with each other etc.

He’s an ideas man but needs someone to hone those ideas and focus on the trees while he focuses on the forest. Time to cut bait and I’m pretty sure this is the last dc comic book flick his name is attached to.

Last edited:
Daps
they need to stop using Batman as a crutch, Marvel knew Iron Man could've been that, but they used him as a support to build everybody up. I guess DC might've tried that with BvS to build up WW and it did theoretically work, but it just seems like they want everything to revolve around his character.
DC should've kept the main focus on Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman origin stories and all the other members should've been side stories on Netflix with mini collabs. They could even throw a quick flash cameo in a superman origins movie. With all the side projects on Netflix, a justice league movie would've been more cohesive and straight to the point.

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
WB owns all the DC properties unlike Marvel, the real question is why isn't there a Flash movie this has so much potential throw in time travel you've got so many possibilities and Flash is a likeable character yet nothing and WB are talking about Batgirl...

Young Justice, Teen Titans, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern the list goes on and on.

Personally no one wants to see brooding characters, woe is me It works for Batman and even he can lighten up think Brave and the Bold but not everyone needs to be that.

I was skyping my sister and she isn't into comic book movies but she'll watch whatever is popular and she went for Thor based on the laughs and word of mouth.

Also Zack you messed up with Man of Steel, than you did BVS how do you still keep your job?
Had he been let go after MOS it was still salvageable.
But now... Outside of Wonder Woman I can't see it happening.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey

Uh... Ironman WAS that for phase 1.

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Uh... Ironman WAS that for phase 1.
thats what Im saying. He was used as a support to build em up. Phase 1. Im saying Batman appears to be that period. They're oversaturating him as far as news, movies, everything. Everything reflects back to Batman, which seems like a formula that could fail but IDK. The bigger difference for me is that these IM movies were eating both critically and commercially while Batman is doing enough to get by in one regard and failing critically

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
DC should've kept the main focus on Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman origin stories and all the other members should've been side stories on Netflix with mini collabs. They could even throw a quick flash cameo in a superman origins movie. With all the side projects on Netflix, a justice league movie would've been more cohesive and straight to the point.
It certainly feels like Superman is about to get hail mary'd to the way side for a lil minute

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
thats what Im saying. He was used as a support to build em up. Phase 1. Im saying Batman appears to be that period. They're oversaturating him as far as news, movies, everything. Everything reflects back to Batman, which seems like a formula that could fail but IDK. The bigger difference for me is that these IM movies were eating both critically and commercially while Batman is doing enough to get by in one regard and failing critically

:dwillhuh:

Batman only been in two movies of a 5-movie universe. Hardly oversaturating.

All I'm saying is all your complaints coulda been used against Ironman, but it worked out. Now if Batman's perspective is used for Aquaman, Shazam, etc then you got a point :pachaha:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
DC is so uncool. You want to get it back start Hy making black people love it. Jon Stewart and static shock movies.

Static shock would do so much money off nostalgic factors.

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
:dwillhuh:

Batman only been in two movies of a 5-movie universe. Hardly oversaturating.

All I'm saying is all your complaints coulda been used against Ironman, but it worked out. Now if Batman's perspective is used for Aquaman, Shazam, etc then you got a point :pachaha:
well thats why I included the news...for someone who isnt too engaged w all this, when all they here about is "new director for batman" or "new actor for batman", it gives Batman more importance than the entire Universe, but I see where youre coming from. DC still has the same advantage they always had where they have a more known top tier heroes (and villains). I hope they're able to make those lesser known but less exposed villains work using that advantage.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Rebuild and connect the tv verse with the movie verse. A Hulu or Netflix flash and lantern 6 episode mini series creating an origin story could've worked. Incorporate a young justice series in there and some low ranked DC origin stories on a smaller budget. A justice league dark too.
No one wants to connect to that low rent shyt

And people talking about standalone movies are dumb too. None of that shyt is needed as long as you make a good movie. Ultron was shyt yet had everything you guys wanted beforehand. The only thing They need to do is simply make better movies

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
Rebuild and connect the tv verse with the movie verse. A Hulu or Netflix flash and lantern 6 episode mini series creating an origin story could've worked. Incorporate a young justice series in there and some low ranked DC origin stories on a smaller budget. A justice league dark too.

Nikka u must be high....

Those shows are all GARBAGE breh. Hot, stinking trashman crew all overslept after the fourth of July so nobody picked up the ish so now the whole block is stanky trash.
These shows are always on the chopping block, every fall season because the ratings and views are toilet status.

And you want them to link this hot gahbage with their flailing multimillion dollar film franchise? That would be the most asinine move in hollywood history.

Marvel has a thriving film business, and they had the wisdom to delink the mediums. TV is tv, film is film.

Now, more DC content on Netflix would be cool if it referenced the movies, but didn't really matter in the scheme of things, ala Marvel and Netflix, but to forcibly connect them? Nah breh, horrible call.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
No one wants to connect to that low rent shyt

And people talking about standalone movies are dumb too. None of that shyt is needed as long as you make a good movie. Ultron was shyt yet had everything you guys wanted beforehand. The only thing They need to do is simply make better movies

Why not tho?

DC JL characters are significantly higher profile than the guys Marvel had. Make the flicks, keep the budgets low and rake it in. Its only more money in your pocket if you're not putting out trash.

Daps
Nikka u must be high....

Those shows are all GARBAGE breh. Hot, stinking trashman crew all overslept after the fourth of July so nobody picked up the ish so now the whole block is stanky trash.
These shows are always on the chopping block, every fall season because the ratings and views are toilet status.

And you want them to link this hot gahbage with their flailing multimillion dollar film franchise? That would be the most asinine move in hollywood history.

Marvel has a thriving film business, and they had the wisdom to delink the mediums. TV is tv, film is film.

Now, more DC content on Netflix would be cool if it referenced the movies, but didn't really matter in the scheme of things, ala Marvel and Netflix, but to forcibly connect them? Nah breh, horrible call.
Bruh, I'm not talking about the CW shyt. I'm talking about new shyt with a bigger budget connected to the DCCU, 6 episodes per side character on Netflix. And for the record, flash is the only CW show I like. Gustin Grant >>> Ezra Miller.