How The MCU Fixed Themselves & Why The DCEU Can Be Corrected (keep the stanning away)

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
q7BgeTM.png

Something like this should not be happening.

THIS !!!! i fully agree, can't build a universe where your main hitters aren't fleshed out at all, we still need a MOS sequel asap and they greenlighting bunch of other shyt..

the trinity should has 2 movies each out standard before they start doing stuff like sirens or nightwing.

what could work tho is a SS 2 sequel cause that can be rectified with a better story and they can be the GOTG for the DCEU

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
That’s what’s so bad about all of this. It could have all been avoided if they had just made a proper Man of Steel sequel. :snoop:

I had a few issues with it but overall it’s still my favorite DCEU movie and after seeing it I was excited for the future of the DC films.

Instead WB hit panic mode and made fukking Batman v Superman the next film in the universe ?!?:dahell:

If they really wanted to put Batman it it, why not just make it World’s Finest and rip off the cartoon with Luthor and the Joker teaming up?!?:mindblown:

Instead they did Dark Knight Returns and Death of Superman in the same film. Then brought the motherfukka back in the next film like it’s nothing:gucci:&:mjlol:
Trying to cram like 4 or 5 different stories into one movie was BVS main problem. Say what you will about MoS but it's pretty straight forward.

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
DC's problem is its just too damn corporate and they never had a team following a competent vision. This isn't their fault though, they're just following the old way of doing things : hire the most expensive director, get the most expensive actors, the best effects etc..10 years ago that shyt worked and sold tickets.

That's shyt don't work anymore since Marvel changed the game. Fiege hired stragglers and had a vision that Marvel/Disney let him run with.

They let that man do his work with no supervision and it paid off. Make good competent movies with a vision.

That's all DC needs...not running around trying to beat marvel at they own game that one man' team was able to get off the ground.

Either way tho, DC is fukked cuz fans won't let them get that win. It's over, Marvel won :francis:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
The 2nd hulk didn't do amazing financially but it wasn't shytted on by critics and it's still rated higher than any DCEU film except for Wonder Woman.

Also the big reason we won't get a stand alone Hulk movie is because Universal has distribution rights.

Also, what the fukk is up with the revisionist history on the first Thor? Made almost $450 million and was rated well by critics.

Again, the problem with DCEU is that it started out Transformers status out the gate. Yeah they make money but they also get shytty reviews.

Transformers had a good run at the box office, but the last one was a major step down financially.

Same thing happening with Justice League.

Out of all the movies, the only sure things are Wonder Woman 2, Aquaman since that's already been filmed and the eventual Reeves Batman movie.

Aquaman is lucky that it was already filmed. If these Justice League numbers had come out before, you can best believe it would have been scrapped.

Nah. This is the biggest difference.

When Marvel first dropped iron man they didn't try to sell an MCU. Even when the sequel, Thor and cap dropped there still wasn't an MCU. By the time Avengers dropped, each character had a following and fans were invested.

The DCEU basically tried go sell a cinematic universe that nobody really asked for. They tried to ride Marvels coattails without putting in the work.

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps

When Marvel first dropped iron man they didn't try to sell an MCU. Even when the sequel, Thor and cap dropped there still wasn't an MCU. By the time Avengers dropped, each character had a following and fans were invested.

The DCEU basically tried go sell a cinematic universe that nobody really asked for. They tried to ride Marvels coattails without putting in the work.

Yup, they added cool easter egg shyt in hopes that the director of the next film would do something dope with it. The underlying framework always had a goal of connecting the movies in some type of way.

Interestingly enough, this is exactly how comicbook writers seed shyt for years prior, even if they end up not being the current writer.

DC tho? Them nukkas just started mixing shyt up trying recreate Marvel's flavor with no love. You just can't do that shyt no more, them internet wolves and geeks will eat you alive now.

There ain't no love in they potato salad brehs! :sadcam::russ:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Same, Marvel owns NYC. I never met a strictly DC fan ever in my life. Plenty of people who read both or we're strictly Marvel.
Most of Marvel is/was based in NYC. We I realized that as a kid I thought it was a bit silly.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I don't know. Man of Steel had little Easter eggs of a Gotham but really didn't setup an extended universe. It took like three years for them to make a follow up.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Silly? Why?
Majority of the heroes were in one city. I would imagine every semi big threat anywhere in NYC would have multiple heroes involved.
Me being not from NY, while I thought it was cool seeing the heroes making cameo appearances here and there, I felt they should be spread out more. I was a fan of West Coast Avengers growing up (they was all in the 50 cent bin) and any Marvel book that had a different setting other than NY

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Yup, they added cool easter egg shyt in hopes that the director of the next film would do something dope with it. The underlying framework always had a goal of connecting the movies in some type of way.

Interestingly enough, this is exactly how comicbook writers seed shyt for years prior, even if they end up not being the current writer.

DC tho? Them nukkas just started mixing shyt up trying recreate Marvel's flavor with no love. You just can't do that shyt no more, them internet wolves and geeks will eat you alive now.

There ain't no love in they potato salad brehs! :sadcam::russ:

At the end of avengers thanos had human hands which shows that they really had no intentions long term. But after that movie they knew they could now build their universe.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Majority of the heroes were in one city. I would imagine every semi big threat anywhere in NYC would have multiple heroes involved.
Me being not from NY, while I thought it was cool seeing the heroes making cameo appearances here and there, I felt they should be spread out more. I was a fan of West Coast Avengers growing up (they was all in the 50 cent bin) and any Marvel book that had a different setting other than NY

west coast avengers was my shyt. kinda funny how as of late theyve all been shyt on

FooFighters

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
i think im one of the FEW people on here who liked Suicide Squad.
not cause it was great or anything, but they tried to do something different.
at least thats how i felt!
plus...
*in John Stewart voice from Half Baked

"You ever watch Suicide Squad, ON WEED???"
:lolbron:
I liked it