How the hell did Michael Myers learn to drive?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Freddy's Dead is better than New Nightmare. More people watched it then and would watch it now.

And I never said it was Craven's worst film. I said it was the worst Freddy film by Craven.

Again you're making blanket statements with no proof or facts to back it up. Gimme box office numbers or something man. You're just talking out your ass to make a point rather than using anything else to back it up. I'm pretty sure Freddy's dead made more than new nightmare. I'd be shocked if it didn't. But there's no way of knowing what more people would watch now in 2017 unless you're doing a poll or another way. Other than that it's just talk. You said the consensus was it's the worst one. I did the smallest bit of research and found articles written by at least one person who's old enough to have seen every single nightmare flick in theaters and none of them agree it's the worst in the series.

If you disagree with them cool man. No harm no foul. But you're making declaratives like you got the info to back it up

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Again you're making blanket statements with no proof or facts to back it up. Gimme box office numbers or something man. You're just talking out your ass to make a point rather than using anything else to back it up. I'm pretty sure Freddy's dead made more than new nightmare. I'd be shocked if it didn't. But there's no way of knowing what more people would watch now in 2017 unless you're doing a poll or another way. Other than that it's just talk. You said the consensus was it's the worst one. I did the smallest bit of research and found articles written by at least one person who's old enough to have seen every single nightmare flick in theaters and none of them agree it's the worst in the series.

If you disagree with them cool man. No harm no foul. But you're making declaratives like you got the info to back it up

Numbers don't lie. Case closed.

Freddy's Dead was a better watch at the time and it was more successful. In hindsight critics will always favor the dark serious movie.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Numbers don't lie. Case closed.

Freddy's Dead was a better watch at the time and it was more successful. In hindsight critics will always favor the dark serious movie.

Nightmare 2 made more money than nightmare 1. So by your logic nightmare 2 is better? Transformers makes more money than damn near everything so those are the best movies out? With commercial shyt, box office isn't always a sign of quality. It just helps a bottom line it isn't an indicator of quality and you know that breh don't play that game

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Nightmare 2 made more money than nightmare 1. So by your logic nightmare 2 is better? Transformers makes more money than damn near everything so those are the best movies out? With commercial shyt, box office isn't always a sign of quality. It just helps a bottom line it isn't an indicator of quality and you know that breh don't play that game

Freddy's Dead made more money and was more liked at the time. New Nightmare bombed at the time at it wasn't well received socially. In hindsight with nostalgia involved who knows. New Nightmare was well made, dark and serious tone, so the social narrative changes to it being a highly regarded film when it wasn't. The theater was mostly empty.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Freddy's Dead made more money and was more liked at the time. New Nightmare bombed at the time at it wasn't well received socially. In hindsight with nostalgia involved who knows. New Nightmare was well made, dark and serious tone, so the social narrative changes to it being a highly regarded film when it wasn't. The theater was mostly empty.

Okay breh. Well go with your anecdotes to determine quality of flicks rather than anything else.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
New Nightmare was good, make no mistake about that I'm arguing that. However the narrative missed the mark because it tried to make Freddy a real person and took itself too seriously.

It was supposed to be if Freddy did become real tho
It's not nostalgic romance. I'm going off of what the creator himself said and what movie works and what doesn't. You have a fundamental misunderstanding of the character and you're saying you know the character better than the guy who created it, which is pretty presumptuous

Where is this commentary coming from because in the director's commentary in real time.
Zombie does not sandbag his work.
So where is all this the negative creator talk coming from.
link a source.

Art Barr

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It was supposed to be if Freddy did become real tho

Where is this commentary coming from because in the director's commentary in real time.
Zombie does not sandbag his work.
So where is all this the negative creator talk coming from.
link a source.

Art Barr

Zombie said that about OTHER people's versions of halloween after Carpenters in the 25 years of terror DVD...only to go and do the exact same thing he shytted on, which is the ironic part.

And if you want some background info on where Carpenter was coming from with how he created Michael and what he wanted for Michael and his intent, there's this doc below or you can just pick up halloween on dvd or blu and get a commentary track