How the hell did Michael Myers learn to drive?

DaMos Supreme

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The origins of that 'Curse of Thorn' didn't start until the end of Halloween 5. Halloween 4 was okay and some liked it because it was the return of Michael, but you could clearly see the influence of Fthe13th on this film up until Halloween 6 (Curse).

I agree with some of the brehs in here about overly humanizing Michael and robbing the mystique of the character. I think it's more mentally frightening trying to figure out why some kid from a middle class family just snapped, and became a manifestation of unexplained evil and hasn't been the same since. Now compared that to the Dukes of Hazzard, redneck guide to being a serial killer version of Michael.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Freddy's Dead is better than New Nightmare. More people watched it then and would watch it now.

No such thing as better with time. People overlook things and don't discover them until later on, doesn't mean it's a masterpiece the second time around. Someone can just like, "for an old piece of shyt movie it was pretty well made". You could argue all older movies are better made than newer ones so people look at older movies with rose colored glasses.

And I never said it was Craven's worst film. I said it was the worst Freddy film by Craven.
There are several really bad Nightmare flicks. Freddys Revenge,Dream Child and Freddy's Dead..New Nightmare I'm not a fan of, just thought Craven did a poor job with the directing and it's a very slow and dull film in many aspects but I liked what he was trying to do. I haven't seen it in years though. Can't say it's the worst tho. But yes it bombed badly.

Uno

Superstar
Daps
H20 was awesome, resurrection on the other hand :scusthov: but still better than the Zombie movies.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
There are several really bad Nightmare flicks. Freddys Revenge,Dream Child and Freddy's Dead..New Nightmare I'm not a fan of, just thought Craven did a poor job with the directing and it's a very slow and dull film in many aspects but I liked what he was trying to do. I haven't seen it in years though. Can't say it's the worst tho. But yes it bombed badly.

Which I didn't deny. But it's aged beautifully and rightly taken it's spot in the upper echelon. He wanted to say it's the worst one because of the amount of money it didn't make which prompted me to ask is nightmare 2 better than nightmare 1 because it made more money

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Which I didn't deny. But it's aged beautifully and rightly taken it's spot in the upper echelon. He wanted to say it's the worst one because of the amount of money it didn't make which prompted me to ask is nightmare 2 better than nightmare 1 because it made more money
Yeah his argument is flawed of course. I'm a have to watch new nightmare again here soon, maybe been a good 15 years since I've seen it last.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Zombie did NOT create why Michael Myers was scary. All they did was create how a serial killer created. Michael Myers is pure evil. Zombie seem to try and make us feel bad for Michael Myers to a point of justifying his early killings especially of his family. What you're saying is WHY the Zoimbie movies are not liked especially by real Halloween fans.

You're NOT suppose to go in depth in Myer's character. Thats what makes him creepy. Them being boring is subjective(yet in the originals Myer's was more original with his kills). And I don't get what you mean with cheesey? I felt the Zombie one to be way more cheesey? The Original Myers not intimidate ? What? Jason is an undead retarded killer in the forest where most of his kills are due to his victims(teenagers) being stupid and I love the Friday the 13th movies. Jason had to get all these silly upgrades to make him intimidating. Freddy has to go into your dreams to kill you and he has a big advantage. Anyways two of those killers are unrealistic compared to Myers. I don't know about Chud.

Myers is more immediately because he doesn't need brute strength like Jason or going into your dreams like Freddy. His intelligence and being more skilled scares you. In the first films Myers was sneaking up behind you in your own house in the suburbs. More scary than a killer in the woods or a demon in your dreams...
Mike creeping up on you while you in the shower in broad daylight..wasn't even waiting until the evening to do his prowl:damn:

ChuckTaylor84

Penthouse Player
Supporter
Daps
How nobody notice this dude rolling around in stolen cars wearing a mask? :yeshrug: