How Music Got Free Documentary | Official Trailer | Paramount+, 6/8 (produced by Eminem, Bron, Stoute)

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother
image.png

artist only get $1 per CD sold while the record label gets damn near $10...they flashed it fast on the screen but that was the whole point of the documentary: RIAA got screwed for not adapting to the new business model of the digital age like when kodak films were replaced by digital cameras and artists went down with the ship

idk why artist have to take on the responsibility to make these tone deaf execs above them rich and fat...with eminem glorifying it, saying he has a whole team to feed, when he's obviously being taken advantage of and has to put out music forever...stockholm victim ass mentality, :scust: namedropping his handler paul whenever he needs to check his account statement not knowing if he's rich or broke and getting sticker shock on some pairs of shoes :scusthov:

Last edited:

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
no mention of nas? :dahell:

i thought steve stoute of all people would blab about how I AM got leaked...the doc turned into a 50 cent/eminem love fest for euro cacs to enjoy just to rewrite actual history and glorify scene rips over the first mercenary rippers...

the book left out a lot of details as well, this is just a music exec's view of filesharing and don't really talk about the real people in the trenches making those crazy DJ mixes with everybody on it and going napster diamond

didn't even mention soulja boy's crank that story over limewire that he told a million times :dead:
The focus was mainly on stuff that got leaked from the CD plant in North Carolina. I Am probably never made it there because it wasn't finished being made to be ready for mass production. That leak was from another source, but it would be dope to hear about it. Show needed more episodes

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Great book and Thank you Limewire:rip: for all the free gift-files:ahh::banderas::

Last edited:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
early 2000's music piracy was :blessed:

what a time to be alive. I still download everything to this day, cuz streaming services are known to remove or change shyt up.

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother
The focus was mainly on stuff that got leaked from the CD plant in North Carolina. I Am probably never made it there because it wasn't finished being made to be ready for mass production. That leak was from another source, but it would be dope to hear about it. Show needed more episodes
the show was adapted from the book of the same name and the book was lame AF for not including caveats from real filesharing history, because damn near everybody participated in it and it didn't cover the collective story from the people, just the NC plant whereabouts as 'new findings'...the OG article was better than the book, which was better than the movie -- with the latter 2 being cash grabs if you can get a better summary from the OG article. How you gonna name a title that broad just to cover a subsection of history? white boy revisionist history about the culture... :unimpressed:they do slick shyt like this out of neglect or convenience and don't even tell you about altering the perception of history until the book gets adapted into film, with some people waking up to realize the holes in history left unsaid, with the next generation like :ohhh:

all i remember from the book was that one of the guys who made napster had jewish nappy hair and his nickname was napster, so they named it that :dead:

Last edited:

Crumple

All Star
Daps
image.png

artist only get $1 per CD sold while the record label gets damn near $10...they flashed it fast on the screen but that was the whole point of the documentary: RIAA got screwed for not adapting to the new business model of the digital age like when kodak films were replaced by digital cameras and artists went down with the ship

idk why artist have to take on the responsibility to make these tone deaf execs above them rich and fat...with eminem glorifying it, saying he has a whole team to feed, when he's obviously being taken advantage of and has to put out music forever...stockholm victim ass mentality, :scust: namedropping his handler paul whenever he needs to check his account statement not knowing if he's rich or broke and getting sticker shock on some pairs of shoes :scusthov:

I want to see this doc.

What's sticker shock for shoes?

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
For the hottest hip-hop and R&B tracks, hit up trackfiends.net, we got that fire. For producers, be sure to cop that exclusive sound kit, containing over nine thousand professional sounds at trackfiends.net

You ain't shyt if you never heard this at the end of a song.