How Music Got Free Documentary | Official Trailer | Paramount+, 6/8 (produced by Eminem, Bron, Stoute)

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
didn't find it too great, not sure what I was expecting...

50 using actual in his first 5 words was crazy

Jimmy saying that the leak of the Eminem Show messed with Marshall's creativity without meaning anything by it but that album being his last quality one was interesting...

Surprised so many of the leakers agreed to show their faces, perhaps they were paid to, even the racial diversity was something

but yeah, nothing special overall

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother
no mention of nas? :dahell:

i thought steve stoute of all people would blab about how I AM got leaked...the doc turned into a 50 cent/eminem love fest for euro cacs to enjoy just to rewrite actual history and glorify scene rips over the first mercenary rippers...

the book left out a lot of details as well, this is just a music exec's view of filesharing and don't really talk about the real people in the trenches making those crazy DJ mixes with everybody on it and going napster diamond

didn't even mention soulja boy's crank that story over limewire that he told a million times :dead:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
cool doc...should've been at least 4-5 eps.

i remember the warez scene and IRC :flabbynsick:

i used to check them heavy

:mjlol: the asian guy's then and now look...but he a rat ass

RNS was heavy, practically every album i downloaded came from RNS...interesting to see who they were/what they looked like

surprised em didn't talk about them looping versions they uploaded to napster and shyt

:dead: em doing all that shyt to send Paul CD's.

did PIMP really get people to buy ipods?
The New Yorker Article from 2015 >>>>>

yeah, overall this article >>> the doc. I thought the doc would be this article in video form...but it really wasn't.

love re-reading this from time to time. such a great article.

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
i had forgot about this. I just looked at part 1 and it's very interesting. It's crazy that the home of David Thompson is responsible for a lot of this. haha wow.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Dope doc. Only 2 eps up so I guess it's dropping episodicly :beli:

Who got the leaks of the other episodes? :troll:

Silkk

Daps
And even though I ripped a ton of music during that time, Fucck them priveledged ass white boys talking bout some "As an artist you should be happy that someone is distributing your art"

No you stupid MFs you're completely fuccking up the plans they had and forcing them to have to make changes on the fly and lose money.

Silkk

Daps
I wish they would have explained why the fucck there was only one CD distribution plant

Or was that the only plant with the workers on fukk shyt?

Silkk

Daps
Oh this only 2 episodes :dahell:

Left hella meat on the bone