How Music Got Free Documentary | Official Trailer | Paramount+, 6/8 (produced by Eminem, Bron, Stoute)

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kazaa and Limewire were goat. The random megamixes that would end up there were hilarious "Many Men Freestyle feat. 2Pac, Eminem, Method Man, Big L, Jay Z, Nas" had a young me like :gladbron: until I downloaded the shyt.
Hearing Bill Clinton Tell me he didn’t have sexual relations with that women at the start of 50% of my downloads

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Kazaa and Limewire were goat. The random megamixes that would end up there were hilarious "Many Men Freestyle feat. 2Pac, Eminem, Method Man, Big L, Jay Z, Nas" had a young me like :gladbron: until I downloaded the shyt.
I fukking hated those mixes...most were poorly done

Now it's translated to YouTube with those bullshyt channels like longbeach finest

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
I fukking hated those mixes...most were poorly done

Now it's translated to YouTube with those bullshyt channels like longbeach finest

Haha I never thought of it like that, those youtube joints are definitely the 2024 version. The amount of times I've thought there was a real Nas and Meth song out when they pop up in my recommendations :snoop:

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
Taping off the radio and giving it to friends was the og file sharing… it was literal file sharing of floppies of games before the internet blew up too :wow:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I remember trying to download the fast and furious movie on Kazaa or limewire 😅

I was downloading all the squad up mixtapes too.

I used to sell burnt cds and weed in high school. I also used to put music on iPods for money 😅

I was the bootleg man :youngsabo:

Good times 🥹

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
oh shyt. This is gonna be good!! I never was on Napster when it happened. I remember being in the military and not good with the internet and a friend of mine was getting me songs on Napster that I hadn't heard in years and couldn't find for sale anywhere. Then a few years later, Kazaa and Soulseek hit. Kazaa gave me so many viruses that I stopped fukking with it. I still to this day over 21 years is still on Soulseek with the same username. Then I discovered blogspots and torrents. Even when I was doing all of that, I was buying and storing cds/vinyl because I'm a collector and I like reading credits. I still buy vinyl and cds today
This basically me, same everything except I already knew how to get around viruses (thanks to some good ol proprietary USMC training)

I built a fukkin library of songs on an old dell computer that I still have out in the garage that's still fully functional and heavily encrypted (from said USMC training) but still compatible for today's tech. In my last two yrs in the Marines I made about 30gs slanging cds to my fellow Marines because I had everything ppl asked for next day.