How much trouble is Sony really in?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm a Sony user but not a stan...

This is getting ugly between Nintendo pushing their shyt in causing them to close Sony Japan and losing the handheld market in Asia and Microsoft having many of the big third party titles on Gamepass. Now add that scalpers are still keeping the PS5 hard to obtain while not necessarily needing an X-Box
to play old & new releases.

Releasing God of War will not fix all of this.

I didn’t think they were in any hot water with this MLB/game pass situation but it seems like a lot of cats (sony stans) included are hitting the panic button...is sony in more trouble than I thought?

this is not me throwing shade at the person I quoted nor am I insinuating he’s a sony stan but his post did make me think more on sony’s current situation

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
I was thinking this earlier. Seems like Sony was so focused on the console wars that they didn't realize Microsoft shifted focus a very, very long time ago. Then, even when they realized what was going on they still couldn't envision gamepass being the monster that it is and continues to grow. The MLB show game being released day 1 on an xbox subscription is Sony going :ehh:well done Microsoft, let me go ahead and continue to sell these consoles and make a lil change off ya service while I'm at it.

This is all my opinion of course but I believe Sony is fine, for now. They kinda HAVE to now follow suit and bolster their subscription service, unless they intend to allow gamepass to function on Sony, which would pretty much be checkmate for XBOX, if only through public perception.

All's I know is it's a great time to be a XBOT. good luck Sony stans, Miles Morales and Kratos Holmes ain't gonna carry another generation by themselves:troll:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Sony will be fine, it just won't be a landslide this gen. I actually think MS has a shot at winning. If the new studios deliver, anything can happen. If 343 fixes Halo and it lives up to the hype, that's a ton of momentum.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Sony will be fine, it just won't be a landslide this gen. I actually think MS has a shot at winning. If the new studios deliver, anything can happen. If 343 fixes Halo and it lives up to the hype, that's a ton of momentum.

Some of yall really live in a fantasy world

:mjlol:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Microsoft is raking in money from all business units by focusing on the cloud

Sony is doing just fine dominating the console market