How much money would it take for you to retire right now?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Figure out how much money per year you'd need to live comfortably.

Comfortably meaning: enough money where your basic needs aren't a concern. So you don't worry about the rent or mortgage. You can walk into a Whole Foods and not check your bank account while you're on the line to pay.

Depending on where you live in the country, that might be like $150,000 a year. Maybe more, especially if you have a family.

Multiply that by how many more years you think you might live. Average lifespan in America is around 78.

Let's say you live in Los Angeles or Miami and you're 35 years old. Maybe $200,000 a year to live there without worry. You're looking at about 9 million dollars. And I think most people would squander a good portion of that so maybe add 30% to whatever your number is.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If I had $1.7 million dollars I could live the rest of my life of the dividend income I could generate from that.

The BasedFather

Task Force
Daps
Reppin
Bltch Mob
nikka run me 500 mil :pachaha:

I need a house in NorCal, SoCal, Texas, Florida, NY, Hawaii and London. Need some cool cars and money for my son to be good for life. Need enough money to live like Hugh Hefner with a house full of thotties serving me. Y’all living modestly :picard:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I remember a college advisor I had telling me she’d walk out of the office for 1 million dollars. I was like 18, she was late 20s…? I was like “How is that enough”? And she said “it’s enough if you know how to invest”.
:ehh:

I feel her now. If I randomly lucked up into a cool 1 million tomorrow morning I for sure would never go back to work and make that shyt work.

If you do let me know I got a great investment opportunity for you :troll:

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
MY PENSION/401K IS PRETTY DECENT RIGHT NOW. I WOULD SAY THAT 4 MIL WOULD BE MY SWEET SPOT FOR FULL RETIREMENT.

I WOULD PUT 2MIL TO FURTHER PAD MY 65+ RETIREMENT PLAN. THE OTHER 2 MIL WOULD FLOAT ME NICELY FOR THE NEXT 20 YEARS UNTIL THEN.