How much money would it take for your morals to start bending a lil bit?

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sacrificing every single thing I either had from a good paying job and a nice pad, to being homeless and starting over again because I wanted to help my wife with her dreams of helping out kids overseas

You are a good poster, but if you don't mind sharing, can you please give more detail about this, because it sounds stupid as fukk at surface level.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
You are a good poster, but if you don't mind sharing, can you please give more detail about this, because it sounds stupid as fukk at surface level.

Its a long ass story that I kept saying for ages since the Passport Thread and etc. I'll give cliffs just to edge it out because it sounds crazy on paper, but if you are on a spiritual level you will understand (hell my old pastor got cockeyed with our testimony lol)

• One day my wife had this epiphany of wanting to teach overseas
  • My job at the time was becoming my main priority instead of my family
  • The place we were living in seem too good to be true for the wrong reasons
  • We decided to take the chance of going overseas without any sort of backup plan (no lie it was stupid, but it needed to happen because we really wastn't a picture-perfect family during that time)
  • Sold everything and gave it all away just to get the passports, cover hotel expenses, and get ready for our next endeavor (or so I thought)
  • She had the contract, the gig and etc...but we had to wait a bit for the date of departure.
  • Meanwhile, at the time I was moving like a madman with my blog site and podcast (actually had 500 followers and it was constantly growing)
  • Found out in a instant that they cancelled the contract without giving my wife any sort of information, beyond her calling back and forth
  • By the last dollar we ended up sucking our pride and taking the L by moving in with her parents (PROBABLY ONE OF THE MOST MISERABLE TIMES OF MY LIFE)
  • Four months of depression living in that household, dealing with my sons issues (discovering that he has bad anxiety and gifted) hence why he was having trouble in physical school (we ended up home schooling him to save the headache)
  • Wife managed to find a gig teaching migrant children (able to leave out that hellhole)
  • Once we moved to the other side of the state (Georgia, Valdosta), the money that we got back from the W2 ended up being used up for the hotel living and expenses (the gig wasn't even ready yet, but they hired her anyway).
  • Couldn't find a job AT ALL in Valdosta and she was dealing with the headache of disorganized organization, we took the L and lived in a shelter
  • During my time there, the caseworker that was working with us suggested that I get SSI because of my mental illness issues (sudicial, severe depression, bad anxiety, and various health problems)
  • Wife had a opportunity to move to Koalabama to work in a facility with her supposed supervisor (same organization but different surroundings besides shytty miserable Valdosta)
  • Down to the last buck again of finally leaving the shelter, finding a friggin house, apartment, etc...we were stucked in a rut as the gig she was working for kept bullshytting her (her manager treating her and the other black workers like afterthoughts, while catering to the Hispanic staff)
  • Pay day comes and her dumb ass boss mails the check to the hotel we wasn't living in
  • The supervisor not only acted like she couldn't do anything, but didn't give a shyt (bad enough she lied and was lazy as hell with the transfer to allow my wife to move to Koalabama)
  • We had to sell our wedding bands just to get a hotel room or else we were going to starve in the car that we just got by the grace of God
  • That following week, they fired her because her supervisor made it seem like we were trashing her out, when reality, we were damn near sleeping in the car, while she was acting like nothing was the matter.
  • We that last paycheck, we decided to say screw it and move to Koalabama anyway
  • Once we got there, my wife ended up with another job working with autistic kids
  • The job only paid like twice a month (well damn, how we are going to survive this pickle)
  • Job search shytty and still waiting on the results of my SSI, I decided to publish my book.....the night I sold my laptop
  • The book sold....ugh. Three copies and quite frankly, wasn't the book I wanted to write during the time of our struggle (it was all over the place and had grammar issues, my bad to the buyers :mjcry: )
  • My wife's "supervisor" for the job she was supposed to work for in Koalabama, tried to get her dad to help us
  • Her dad did the same shyt my wife tried to do but ten times a fail (looking for shelters, housing, etc)
  • We ended up in a hotel that was the closest thing to hell for one week on the pastor's dollar
  • After that week and additional due to selling more of our stuff (her laptop, etc) we ended up in the car anyway lol
  • The first night, we were sleeping in the Walmart parking lot
  • Second night, same situation with crazy kids yelling, parking crew cleaners, and all sorts of things keeping us up all night long
  • Third day, after each call of no support, the pay not coming anytime soon, every scheme matched out, I posted the thread in need of help (which was a catch 22 because theres folks that think I "scammed" the site, while others look at me as a broke ass nikka or marsupial), but they didn't even bother to read the testimony as I'm always truthful with everything I say in and out of this forum)
And now I'm here, blessed and in space. A son that has straight As, a wife that finally living out her dreams of helping out the kids, and a lawyer on the case to help with my SSI process. In a home and just picking up the pieces slowly but surely. It looks like we were stupid in doing all of this, but it had to happen so we could meet together as a family. Since then, my wife and I have a huge connection despite our differences, my son and I are learning each other and how we are alikes.

I have finally seen that sometimes things don't go exactly as plan, but the plan still stands. I maybe not overseas but I'm surrounded by water :ehh: .

The little things.

TLDR: Took a chance to go overseas for opportunity, and ended up homeless in the process. Sacrifice my pride and ego for acceptance and surrender, thus got helped in a terrible situation that became a revelation of prosperity. For that, I'm truly grateful for all yall, despite those that may have shytted on me, wish me ill will, hated my "gimmick", and clowned me during my homelessess and the issues of my past.

InterestedNow

Rookie
Daps
That's a crazy situation. I remember seeing that thread from you Mr. Koala

As to the op, I think it always has to be a case-by-case basis. If you can still fall asleep at night, and I think a lot of posters are willing to bend for a lot. If you can't sleep though, then you probably be willing to put up millions of dollars in exchange for a good night's sleep.

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its a long ass story that I kept saying for ages since the Passport Thread and etc. I'll give cliffs just to edge it out because it sounds crazy on paper, but if you are on a spiritual level you will understand (hell my old pastor got cockeyed with our testimony lol)

• One day my wife had this epiphany of wanting to teach overseas
  • My job at the time was becoming my main priority instead of my family
  • The place we were living in seem too good to be true for the wrong reasons
  • We decided to take the chance of going overseas without any sort of backup plan (no lie it was stupid, but it needed to happen because we really wastn't a picture-perfect family during that time)
  • Sold everything and gave it all away just to get the passports, cover hotel expenses, and get ready for our next endeavor (or so I thought)
  • She had the contract, the gig and etc...but we had to wait a bit for the date of departure.
  • Meanwhile, at the time I was moving like a madman with my blog site and podcast (actually had 500 followers and it was constantly growing)
  • Found out in a instant that they cancelled the contract without giving my wife any sort of information, beyond her calling back and forth
  • By the last dollar we ended up sucking our pride and taking the L by moving in with her parents (PROBABLY ONE OF THE MOST MISERABLE TIMES OF MY LIFE)
  • Four months of depression living in that household, dealing with my sons issues (discovering that he has bad anxiety and gifted) hence why he was having trouble in physical school (we ended up home schooling him to save the headache)
  • Wife managed to find a gig teaching migrant children (able to leave out that hellhole)
  • Once we moved to the other side of the state (Georgia, Valdosta), the money that we got back from the W2 ended up being used up for the hotel living and expenses (the gig wasn't even ready yet, but they hired her anyway).
  • Couldn't find a job AT ALL in Valdosta and she was dealing with the headache of disorganized organization, we took the L and lived in a shelter
  • During my time there, the caseworker that was working with us suggested that I get SSI because of my mental illness issues (sudicial, severe depression, bad anxiety, and various health problems)
  • Wife had a opportunity to move to Koalabama to work in a facility with her supposed supervisor (same organization but different surroundings besides shytty miserable Valdosta)
  • Down to the last buck again of finally leaving the shelter, finding a friggin house, apartment, etc...we were stucked in a rut as the gig she was working for kept bullshytting her (her manager treating her and the other black workers like afterthoughts, while catering to the Hispanic staff)
  • Pay day comes and her dumb ass boss mails the check to the hotel we wasn't living in
  • The supervisor not only acted like she couldn't do anything, but didn't give a shyt (bad enough she lied and was lazy as hell with the transfer to allow my wife to move to Koalabama)
  • We had to sell our wedding bands just to get a hotel room or else we were going to starve in the car that we just got by the grace of God
  • That following week, they fired her because her supervisor made it seem like we were trashing her out, when reality, we were damn near sleeping in the car, while she was acting like nothing was the matter.
  • We that last paycheck, we decided to say screw it and move to Koalabama anyway
  • Once we got there, my wife ended up with another job working with autistic kids
  • The job only paid like twice a month (well damn, how we are going to survive this pickle)
  • Job search shytty and still waiting on the results of my SSI, I decided to publish my book.....the night I sold my laptop
  • The book sold....ugh. Three copies and quite frankly, wasn't the book I wanted to write during the time of our struggle (it was all over the place and had grammar issues, my bad to the buyers :mjcry: )
  • My wife's "supervisor" for the job she was supposed to work for in Koalabama, tried to get her dad to help us
  • Her dad did the same shyt my wife tried to do but ten times a fail (looking for shelters, housing, etc)
  • We ended up in a hotel that was the closest thing to hell for one week on the pastor's dollar
  • After that week and additional due to selling more of our stuff (her laptop, etc) we ended up in the car anyway lol
  • The first night, we were sleeping in the Walmart parking lot
  • Second night, same situation with crazy kids yelling, parking crew cleaners, and all sorts of things keeping us up all night long
  • Third day, after each call of no support, the pay not coming anytime soon, every scheme matched out, I posted the thread in need of help (which was a catch 22 because theres folks that think I "scammed" the site, while others look at me as a broke ass nikka or marsupial), but they didn't even bother to read the testimony as I'm always truthful with everything I say in and out of this forum)
And now I'm here, blessed and in space. A son that has straight As, a wife that finally living out her dreams of helping out the kids, and a lawyer on the case to help with my SSI process. In a home and just picking up the pieces slowly but surely. It looks like we were stupid in doing all of this, but it had to happen so we could meet together as a family. Since then, my wife and I have a huge connection despite our differences, my son and I are learning each other and how we are alikes.

I have finally seen that sometimes things don't go exactly as plan, but the plan still stands. I maybe not overseas but I'm surrounded by water :ehh: .

The little things.

TLDR: Took a chance to go overseas for opportunity, and ended up homeless in the process. Sacrifice my pride and ego for acceptance and surrender, thus got helped in a terrible situation that became a revelation of prosperity. For that, I'm truly grateful for all yall, despite those that may have shytted on me, wish me ill will, hated my "gimmick", and clowned me during my homelessess and the issues of my past.
On behalf of the Hispanic staff that was hating on you and yours, sorry that you had to go through that. It's a good thing that you are on the road back to things getting better, since it does read like you wear at rock bottom.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Money is God in the vast majority of the world.

Edit: To answer the question: I can be a morally defunct individual, so it'd depend on my mood. If you told me that you'd give me 10 million to press a button to drop a nuke that would kill 150,000 people AND I'd face zero legal trouble, I'd do that shìt.
:russ:So your pretty much a military drone operator . I seen from some posters on here there good money to be make in it :manny:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
On behalf of the Hispanic staff that was hating on you and yours, sorry that you had to go through that. It's a good thing that you are on the road back to things getting better, since it does read like you wear at rock bottom.

Breh...lets just say I wouldn't wish any of that ill will on anybody. It hits ten times as a man, a provider, seeing everything crashing before you and folks pointing the finger at you like you are not doing the absolute most to make a bad situation right.

Whats crazy that this Hispanic lady that worked at the hotel we were living at for a spell treated us like we were family, more than my wife's family. We used to call her "El Gotcha" because she would always get what we needed while we cleaned our room out (she only came through if we were gone). One time, she invited my wife to her daughter's Bday party and gave us Toastas and cake.

Trust, even though them funny style folks that my wife worked for treated her like refried shyt, its all love and etc :ehh:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
My moral compass is my own. I don't care about society's moral code.

There are a lot of laws I dont care about either; but I do care about the consequences.

sooooo there it is :manny:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Experiments have been done testing people morals for free if not pennies and they beyond break, for a few hundred grand most people would sell out there entire family.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
if you down bad $1200 could be worth 25-life :hubie:
If getting your history erased from the curriculum,
safety nets removed that took decades to acquire and future generations gettin put into the Dark Ages is only worth
a measly $1200, then :scust: