How Many Artists Can You Name That Totally Changed Music After Their Arrival?

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Dilla - I don't know if it was a full on sea change, but there's still people biting off his old work to pop today.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Dilla - I don't know if it was a full on sea change, but there's still people biting off his old work to pop today.

Literally to this day.
Never heard anyone sample anything as good as.
the born unknown demo thr original real jd or dilla produced.
Which was for my bestfriend in college's roommate, e's of born unknown.

Wish i could say different but i have not.

I heard others be influenced. In michigan to abroad but not as good or original.
Or with a mastery of equipment as the real jd.
Otherwise known as dilla.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Trying think if anyone successfully mixed r&b and hip hop so successfully as early as New Edition. So seamless it wasnt even thought of.

New edition was an rnb group in the mca way.
Part of problem is giving people in separate genre's props.
When they were just fans of the culture of hiphop.
When they were not really apart of any pillar in actual hiphop.

Only shyt where anyone at the rain dance ceremony.
Gets to take the tom out of a natives hand.

Then say they know how to chant for rain better.
than the natives ceremony.

shyt is madness.

Art Barr

Daps
Trying think if anyone successfully mixed r&b and hip hop so successfully as early as New Edition. So seamless it wasnt even thought of.

Love NE, and they were there at the early 80's hip hop as hip-hop acts used to use them on the bill to get booked at venues. But Force MD's (formerly Force MC's) were around at the time and vocally were more talented and could rap better... New Edition were way better marketed and the solo stints set them apart.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Love NE, and they were there at the early 80's hip hop as hip-hop acts used to use them on the bill to get booked at venues. But Force MD's (formerly Force MC's) were around at the time and vocally were more talented and could rap better... New Edition were way better marketed and the solo stints set them apart.

Force mc's were an rnb act.
Culturally forced to change to the force md's.
As they were not emcees but were an rnb act miaappropriating.

That flaug is what lead to the eventual destruction of their draw.

Art Barr

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Why do people keep mentioning Nirvana when they just copied the Pixies? :dwillhuh:
Y’all naming artists but don’t really know what they changed, you probably just heard it once and ran with it. Y’all gotta give some reasons for some of these artists
Nirvana ushered in the Grunge wave. They definitely were the face. Also. While Kurt was def influenced by their writing. Their execution was vastly different. To call them a copy is goofy. They aren’t the same type of band.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nirvana ushered in the Grunge wave. They definitely were the face. Also. While Kurt was def influenced by their writing. Their execution was vastly different. To call them a copy is goofy. They aren’t the same type of band.
The writing and the vocal performances was straight up copying them. Low/quiet verses, loud hooks. Nirvana music was just more rugged and unpolished which is “grunge” I guess, but they didn’t create or change anything

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
The writing and the vocal performances was straight up copying them. Low/quiet verses, loud hooks. Nirvana music was just more rugged and unpolished which is “grunge” I guess, but they didn’t create or change anything
:what: they DID change shyt, the ushered that whole genre into the mainstream u buggin tf out. And no. Their music wasn’t the same as Pixies. And u honestly can go back and catch influence for anyone’s shyt but they were very much their own thing. To say they changed nothing is just asinine whether u like them as a band or not.