How Many Artists Can You Name That Totally Changed Music After Their Arrival?

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One could argue the Time's influence on black music was greater than Prince.
Love NE, and they were there at the early 80's hip hop as hip-hop acts used to use them on the bill to get booked at venues. But Force MD's (formerly Force MC's) were around at the time and vocally were more talented and could rap better... New Edition were way better marketed and the solo stints set them apart.

Good call.

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
I will say New edition is the greatest boy band ever.

New Edition is the blueprint for the modern boy band, hands down. Not only were they hitmakers together and separately for a few years, they basically helped kick off the 90s pop boom after their white clones became huge(New Kids On the Block, BSB, NSYNC).

They also directly influenced one of biggest male group groups of the 90s, Boyz ll Men.

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
I was gonna say Britney Spears(and I still think she qualifies) but she is actually the American version of Swedish pop singer Robyn. Jive saw the success Robyn was getting and wanted their own. Britney of course came and became way bigger(in the US especially) and initiated a wave of clones that I don't think has been rivaled in the years since.