How Long Until China OFFICIALLY Surpasses The U.S. To Be The No.1 Superpower?

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Listen to what Tommy says. Dude knows what the fukk his talking about. If it wasn't for the Chinese then Africa would not be on the come up. Because you should already know the euro's don't keep shyt strictly business. They would just keep getting resources for the nice price of FREE.

Lets keep it 100% no one nation can fukk with the USA. It would take an allied group to do that. Also lol at the idea of america being invaded, not happening. This is one of the most heavily armed nations, why the hell would you even think invasion is possible. The best you could do to the usa is...

1. emp her and 90% of this nation is dead after 1 year
2. Do a surprise nuclear strike from sub launched missiles off the coasts. Taking out the major military/ICBM installations.

and then the usa uses whatever second strike ability she has left...

aaaaaaa

Banned
Daps
then what do you fight for? you are not a good spokesmen for your people with the way you think. you are for self only. yet you speak as if you have the interest of your people at heart..

I fight for justice. And I'm not a spokesperson for anyone you generalizing presumptuous cac. Don't try to tell me what I speak or what I'm for.

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
I think China's relevance is based mainly on its huge population, and its merits are exaggerated. For instance, their GDP per capita is not high at all.
That's because majority of everything is still State-owned and private industries barely affect policies. Once they become a more liberalized market economy, they will take off.

America is still the world superpower, regardless of what people are saying in this thread; perhaps not economically as much any more, but certainly militarily and in terms of influence and diplomacy. Don't forget it was the US that spearheaded the sanctions against Russia, and got the entire EU to be on board.

The problem I feel America will face some time in the future is a lack of jobs and competition for limited resources. Technology is growing to a point where manufacturing is becoming more streamlined and requires less manpower. They have 3D printing machines now that can manufacture anything from cars, to shoes to pretty much anything you can think of. We even have self-driving cars. The next thing you'll see is self-flying planes (although planes already pretty much fly themselves tbh). It's very rudimentary technology now, but you can already look at the principles behind it and see the possibilities. Technology is the future, and those without some sort of experience in it will be left behind. Oil and gas will be depleted in the future, and new forms of renewable energy will be used to power majority of the things that were once previously mechanically operated. Company's like Tesla are forward-thinking and ultimately have the right idea. If you lack the requisite education, you will vanish from society. Don't be surprised when they start killing people off who only serve as leeches to the system. I'm talking systematically knocking people off. The philosophy of the Matrix is so much more on point than some of your realize.

America is still outsourcing jobs, and the borders are still open to illegal immigrants who continue to compete with the citizens. The fall of America will ultimately come at the collapse of the economy and the collapse of the dollar. But you better believe that the powers that be won't just go quietly into the night and let that happen. Wouldn't surprise me if America gets involved in something in the Middle East again.

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
Dont China and Japan hold like trillions in US debt?

Does that make a difference?
No not really. They just bought up bonds. The US uses the money to do whatever it wants and pays China back as slowly as it pays everyone else with a set limit of interest. Very little interest. People make more of it than it is. It's not a system where China can come to the table and say "give us what you owe us or else." It just doesn't work that way.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
China played us like a fiddle It's like Fight Club They sell us our own fat asses back to us. We push all our factories overseas so now we're dependent on them and poor/middleclass people are getting poorer now that the factory jobs are gone. Ask someone in Congress about it they say, "go back to school and get a better job."

This wasn't a mistake. This was China's game plan. This new trade deal is supposed to be anti-China but we'll see.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
It's simply not going to happen.

People who aren't familiar with China often think of it as a billion faceless people, masses with economic statistics attached to them.

I've never been there, but I've had multiple friends live there, and they say the whole country is a powder keg waiting to explode. The country is incredibly diverse, they speak different languages and have different religions and different ethnicity, and the central government is oppressive and hated by many. They can't keep this kind of totalitarian control going for too much longer.

As long as economic development keeps increasing and people's pockets keep getting filled with money, it will keep the population just compliant enough to stop a revolution. But no one can sustain continuous growth. Hong Kong has already had some massive protests, and they don't look like they're going along with China's assimilation project. Terrorism from Muslims living in Eastern China is increasing, despite the government's attempts to hide that fact. Tibet is still a major issue. And my friends in the south of China say that those provinces are almost certainly going to split off at some point.

Influence yeah. Military is a tie. Take away nukes and China got the edge. Then again , who knows?

:russ::mjlol: You're joking, right?

Go on the internet and look up each nation's air force, navy, and heavy artillery capabilities. Then look at how well-trained, efficient, and battle-ready each army is. Then look at special forces, missiles, and nukes. Then look at China's history in military conflict. WTF made you think that China has an edge in projecting its military power globally? The only thing it can do is protect its homeland and invade tiny neighboring countries (yet Taiwan still sits there, unharmed, despite how much that pisses China off). They have open border disputes with India and Japan that they haven't been able to project their power into. In absolutely no way is China a global military power yet.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
China played us like a fiddle It's like Fight Club They sell us our own fat asses back to us. We push all our factories overseas so now we're dependent on them and poor/middleclass people are getting poorer now that the factory jobs are gone. Ask someone in Congress about it they say, "go back to school and get a better job."

This wasn't a mistake. This was China's game plan. This new trade deal is supposed to be anti-China but we'll see.

You do realize that all of those factories can be moved to other third-world countries at a moment's notice, right? They've already moved most of that production around the Caribbean, Vietnam, etc. before it landed in China. The Multinationals are the ones that really control that part of the economy, not China, and there are a hundred other countries willing to take China's place if they start causing problems for the multinationals that run that stuff.

Not to mention all of the debt that we have in China's hands. If we default on that debt at some point, it will hurt them more than it hurts us, because they can't take that financial hit and their own internal security is reliant on financial stability. So in some ways we actually have more power than them in that exchange.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
You do realize that all of those factories can be moved to other third-world countries at a moment's notice, right? They've already moved most of that production around the Caribbean, Vietnam, etc. before it landed in China. The Multinationals are the ones that really control that part of the economy, not China, and there are a hundred other countries willing to take China's place if they start causing problems for the multinationals that run that stuff.

Not to mention all of the debt that we have in China's hands. If we default on that debt at some point, it will hurt them more than it hurts us, because they can't take that financial hit and their own internal security is reliant on financial stability. So in some ways we actually have more power than them in that exchange.

Are these factories being run out of floating mobile homes? How are the businesses all going to pack up trillions in infrastructure on a whim and move to some other country? I'm not talking about sweatshops. I'm talking high tech stuff that matters.

What about all the intellectual property and technology that China has stolen now that the factories are in their country? China has been ripping off high tech designs all this time. Everything from Boeing designs to camping chairs. You look on eBay and you see exact copies of US products without the logos. Chinas got airliner and military jet designs that are flat out copies of ours. Some of that is just espionage, but if you've got a factory building chips or parts in their country, there's no doubt Chinese spies aren't sitting right on the assembly line.

We *made* China a superpower in all of about 15 years.