How Long Until China OFFICIALLY Surpasses The U.S. To Be The No.1 Superpower?

无名的

Superstar
Daps
China is still so far behind the US. Don't let Tommy Knocks persuade you otherwise. America jaded him and he's obsessed with Asian p*ssy, so you won't get an objective thought from him, despite his living there. Most of their people are still shytting in buckets.

:francis:

Can't keep manufacturing forever. Workers expect higher wages and jobs are already moving to other countries like Vietnam. As other countries build infrastructure, China will need to transition to a knowledge economy. Too bad free thought is repressed by the Commies and innovation is stifled. Should present a fun challenge.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
China is still so far behind the US. Don't let Tommy Knocks persuade you otherwise. America jaded him and he's obsessed with Asian p*ssy, so you won't get an objective thought from him, despite his living there. Most of their people are still shytting in buckets.

:francis:

Can't keep manufacturing forever. Workers expect higher wages and jobs are already moving to other countries like Vietnam. As other countries build infrastructure, China will need to transition to a knowledge economy. Too bad free thought is repressed by the Commies and innovation is stifled. Should present a fun challenge.
:deadmanny:

Midrash

All Star
Daps
China is the top country...:sas1: on paper with one of the most corrupt governments for a first world countries.:sas2:

The United States with as many flaws as it has, still is the best country on the planet. We have stability that a lot of other countries don't have and there is a reason why a lot of top officials from other countries send their kids here because they know we have the top resources if you have the connects to take advantage of them. Most Chinese government officials send their kids to the US. I met a lot of Chinese students in college.

If China does overtake us, it definitely won't be anytime this century let alone in the near future in 2050-2060. Anybody who tells you otherwise is delusional. China has an even bigger poverty problem than the US could even dream of(the STATE government is rich but people are very poor) and a lot of them places are straight rural slums. Not to mention their internet is censored.

For it's size and population compared to the US, it should have four times it's current GDP which shows how much more productive the US workforce is.

China is not impressing ANYONE except hypebeast and con artist trying to sell investments there to guilible fools.:mjpls:

China’s slowing economy: The worst has yet to come
http://fortune.com/2015/01/21/china-economy-growth-slowdown/
:banderas: US is still the GOAT and our black people are the best black people in the world.:steviej:

Also China can't flex on us economically because we are a 200 TRILLION dollar superpower. Don't let the tea party dik riders convince you that America has collapsed due to "that nikkar in office". China trying to shake us down for money is almost as absurd as a 8 year old son trying to shake his dad down for 5 bucks he loaned him because the dad left his wallet at home. If China wanted to do something stupid like that, we would withdraw our support of them and they would collapse overnight like how a dad has the power to throw his son out the house and tell him "I hope that 5 dollars was worth it... lil bytch"
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We didn't lose the Vietnam War we just said fukk it.

Vietnam lost 1.1 million soldiers.

The U.S. lost about 60,000

had we done a full scale invasion of Vietnam, we would have won hands down.

War is about accomplishing a goal, which they failed to do, the amount of soldiers who died are just casualities of war

you can still win a chess match after losing the majority of pieces

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
We lost Vietnam, Vietnam lost Vietnam. Cambodia and Laos lost too. In a way Thailand lost as well. Everyone lost except China, who hates Vietnam, and Russia, who likes it when the USA looks bad.

We lost 60,000 soldiers and failed in our objective. Vietnam lost nearly 2,000,000 people (both sides) and gained their "objective". In my book, those are both clear losses for the nation.

Are these factories being run out of floating mobile homes? How are the businesses all going to pack up trillions in infrastructure on a whim and move to some other country? I'm not talking about sweatshops. I'm talking high tech stuff that matters.

Have you seen the insides of those factories? Trillions in infrastructure, really?

1) A lot of the factories are owned not by the multinationals, but by Chinese-owned subsidiaries that are on a contract basis. The multinational can ditch them and just strike up a new contract in another country. Otherwise, the contract wouldn't have been moved so easily to China in the first place.

2) A lot of the other factories continuously lose value over time. Equipment gets old, product lines go obsolete, etc. There's a point at which the factory would be largely redone/redirected anyways, and with enough incentive moving the factory at that point isn't a big problem.

3) The half-life on high tech stuff is pretty short nowadays.

What about all the intellectual property and technology that China has stolen now that the factories are in their country? China has been ripping off high tech designs all this time. Everything from Boeing designs to camping chairs. You look on eBay and you see exact copies of US products without the logos. Chinas got airliner and military jet designs that are flat out copies of ours. Some of that is just espionage, but if you've got a factory building chips or parts in their country, there's no doubt Chinese spies aren't sitting right on the assembly line.

We *made* China a superpower in all of about 15 years.

Uh huh. And I hope that highlights to you all the reasons that China could lose it again so quickly.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
U.S numbers are inflated too.

Anyways, the biggest economy in the world is China, so I guess economically they're the superpower, however this is a new era where economic and military might won't be hand in hand, first time in history, so we have to be more specific. Do you mean influential globally? They are equal, China takes a more hands off approach, whereas America uses might (see link below on why). Militarily, America is the superpower, China is the financial superpower. China can punish America financially, it's the only country in the world that can do so, but America can't flex on China militarily. It would be a nuclear holocaust. Nuclear countries can't fight each other. They can only use chess moves using money. Like what America is doing to Russia. China is different because it manufactures everything for the entire world, you just can't do shyt to them, they'll block everything made in your house from entering your country LOL. You ever notice western countries bark at them, but they don't actually do anything. You will never see sanction going in China's direction, not like the ones done to Russia, its literally impossible.

If you want to know how China will conduct its newfound superpower status, check out this speech.

The way he shyts on cacs :wow:
http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Sun_Yat-sen's_speech_on_Pan-Asianism

ps. The chinese will never have a high GDP, because the whole idea is to make money by producing extremely cheap goods, they're approaching economics in a totally new way which confuses a lot of westerners. Its just now that American Economists are realizing this and wanting them to make the Yuan stronger, problem with that is, it will make all of your goods more expensive, and that would make folks all over the world pissed off. Its was a very very clever chess move on their part, but meh, I guess asians really are good at math. :manny:

Good point.

Anyway I think this all boils down to what we mean by "superpower". In our Western/US-dominated view, we naturally see a US-type of superpower : economic, military and economic power over the whole world, spreading of English and US cultural goods, etc.

Me thinks (and I believe I read an article like that somewhere) that China does not necessarily care for that type of power.

From what I understand, China has never been about global dominance (as opposed to the US), that's why you'll hardly ever hear them on "world issues". They're content with securing the inner land (remember that China is very diverse and that inner dominance has been more important than expansion) and the immediate borders. Odds are no one will attack them (nuclear weapons, cross-dependency and 1 billion Chinese prevent that) and they have no interest in attacking other countries since...the US is already busy with all the wars. that's the gift and the curse for the US : wanting to be a global superpower, you have to stretch your empire everywhere, allocating precious ressources to futile wars. China doesn't have to do it, since the US (and to a lesser externt, Europe) is alreay doing it, indirectly contributing to China's security.

China knows it won't ever be as culturally dominant as the US, so there's no need to compete at that level. However, they ARE teaching hundreds of thousands of people Chinese with the Confucius centers.

So I think that the only thing that really interests China at this point is business and linking that business to diplomacy ( meaning we invest in your country and you don't fukk with us/our interests). They seem to be doing a good job at that.

So I think China has not/will not surpass the US in what we Westerners understand as being a "superpower", but I don't think that that's China aim. The way the US dominates today does not stop China from getting bigger and bigger, just in an other way. The mistake the EU did is trying to compete with the US while it obviously has less military and economic firepower. I don't think China is aiming at that.

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
Do people really think China is behind when it comes to the airforce etc?

A country that thrives on innovation?

Really:comeon:

You remember the U.S. Captured some of the top German scientists / engineers etc during the world war right? I wonder why....

//

Germany will soon top the board:wow:,the efficiency is that good

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Do people really think China is behind when it comes to the airforce etc?

A country that thrives on innovation?

Really:comeon:

You remember the U.S. Captured some of the top German scientists / engineers etc during the world war right? I wonder why....

//

Germany will soon top the board:wow:,the efficiency is that good

China most likely keeps it quality military items/innovations/dealings under wrap. Let's everyone else think that all they make is cheap junk.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Good point.

From what I understand, China has never been about global dominance (as opposed to the US), that's why you'll hardly ever hear them on "world issues". They're content with securing the inner land .
ding ding. my first year here that's all I did was pick peoples brains, I really wanted to know if they were the big bad enemy who wanted to invade america one day....slowly I learned they could give 2 shyts about america, they only give a shyt about CHINA (I wish the U.S could be that way sigh). they seriously only give a shyt about their borders and having a passive influence on their region. they then told me more about chinese history (which is 5,000 years older than america) and they have zero history of going abroad and trying to control other peoples lands, on the contrary, they built a big ass wall to keep others OUT. They have and never will be expansionists. but this of course is hard for westerners to understand because our culture is the complete opposite. we think invasion is natural, whereas the east can't comprehend why anyone would want the burden. Literally makes no sense to them. Read the speech and you'll see for yourself. that speech was written in 1923 btw.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
ding ding. my first year here that's all I did was pick peoples brains, I really wanted to know if they were the big bad enemy who wanted to invade america one day....slowly I learned they could give 2 shyts about america, they only give a shyt about CHINA (I wish the U.S could be that way sigh). they seriously only give a shyt about their borders and having a passive influence on their region. they then told me more about chinese history (which is 5,000 years older than america) and they have zero history of going abroad and trying to control other peoples lands, on the contrary, they built a big ass wall to keep others OUT. They have and never will be expansionists. but this of course is hard for westerners to understand because our culture is the complete opposite. we think invasion is natural, whereas the east can't comprehend why anyone would want the burden. Literally makes no sense to them. Read the speech and you'll see for yourself. that speech was written in 1923 btw.

Yeah that's what I understood too by reading here and there and, well, just looking a little bit at how they operate. Hell I remember that seemingly they had the naval capacity to cross the Pacific real early (like early Middle-Ages for us) but were rather on some "let's organize the country/mainland first".