how long does it take to learn boxing and get good at it? when you started were you ass

africngiant

All Star
Daps
What do you conisder as good an what are trying to achieve?
i want to confidently hold my own against anyone, win or lose. and to not doubt anything im doing in the process. even if its against someone whose boxed for a few years

i was wondering if there was anyway to expedite the process of getting better with an advantageous drill

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
i want to confidently hold my own against anyone win or lose. and not doubt anything im doing in the process. even if its against someone whose boxed for a few years.

i was wondering if there was anyway to expedite the process of getting better with an advantageous drill

From what I understand, after 6 months you can dog most people.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i want to confidently hold my own against anyone win or lose. and not doubt anything im doing in the process. even if its against someone whose boxed for a few years.

Man seriously cut goofy shyt for real, just get in the gym and put the work in, no you can't short cut it the fukk :why:

africngiant

All Star
Daps
Man seriously cut goofy shyt for real, just get in the gym and put the work in, no you can't short cut it the fukk :why:
my bad og idk wtf im doing lmao. i just feel insecure about not being an athlete beforehand

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
Work on your cardio if you want to start using your fists

If you have no muscle you can still punch little mexicans and small central asians for money :ld:

mag357

Superstar
Daps
just outside of philly. yeah im just looking to take it as a hobby and tool

the owner himself trains alongside some ufc fighters and is friends with a low level one who’s 2-0. there’s a few homegrown fighters in the gym with low undefeated amateur records too.
Im around that area alot.
You ever want to work out or get your striking next level. Inbox me.
No bullshyt

ThaBoyBam

You don't respect your jaw!
Daps
just outside of philly. yeah im just looking to take it as a hobby and tool

the owner himself trains alongside some ufc fighters and is friends with a low level one who’s 2-0. there’s a few homegrown fighters in the gym with low undefeated amateur records too.

You shouldn’t have a problem finding a good gym. Best way to tell if a gym is legit or not is by asking when you will be able to spar. If they say anything less than at least 3-4 months of consistent training the gym is trash imo. Of course there’s exceptions if you nice. The couple gyms I’ve trained at over the years required 6 months.

It’s so you won’t get killed :russ:

Stamina is everything breh :dame:

africngiant

All Star
Daps
You shouldn’t have a problem finding a good gym. Best way to tell if a gym is legit or not is by asking when you will be able to spar. If they say anything less than at least 3-4 months of consistent training the gym is trash imo. Of course there’s exceptions if you nice. The couple gyms I’ve trained at over the years required 6 months.

It’s so you won’t get killed :russ:

Stamina is everything breh :dame:
the instructor mentioned sparring but said i wouldn’t do it right away, not until further down the line