How long do you think Blu Ray's will last before we replace them with something else?

Thoughts

Banned
Daps
:laff: @ this science fiction. we live in the real world breh :birdman:

next you gonna be talking about cars driving themselves and printers that can create 3d objects :rudy:

dream on nerd :camby:

fukk you breh, I'm gonna invent interactive glasses for search engines :jawalrus::patrice:

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Blu Ray will be the last popular physical media format.

It's all digital from here on out, replacing an entire DVD collection for Blu Ray is kinda pointless IMO, but have fun

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
DD is on it's way but ya'll are a little too excited...no matter what you think, there are still parts of the country that don't have broadband. Hell, there's parts of the country that will never be able to get fiber, and considering that Verizon is about to fall back on expanding FIOS, I'd say it's best you hold on to your blue rays for now.

Theabbot

#DemBootymeats
Daps
Reppin
Duuuuuvaaaaal!!
Streaming is convenient and all, but the quality sucks in compassion to a Blu-ray Disc. But I only download BR images(ISO) and play them on a media player (tb hdd)now, so I don't fukks with physical media anymore either. :manny:

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
BD def has its advantages esp if sound and picture quality is important to you.

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You guys make it sound like the older tech will just cease to be manufactured, used, sold and bought. People still purchase DVDs, CDs and vinyl in the face of the easily obtained (legally or illegally) digital counterparts. The majority of people are not on the cutting edge of technology or interested in it until it penetrates the mainstream consciousness. DVD, the name, is a brand. Same thing with CDs/ vinyl. The name recognition is not to be overlooked.

The physical representation of the media is always better than the digital. Even though I rip them, I still buy CDs (sometimes vinyl), because I love the physical aspect of it. I even get perturbed when there isn't a physical accompaniment to an album release. However, I still use that iPod like there is not tomorrow. I also like having CDs/ DVDs/ physical media as a fail safe.

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
You guys make it sound like the older tech will just cease to be manufactured, used, sold and bought. People still purchase DVDs, CDs and vinyl in the face of the easily obtained (legally or illegally) digital counterparts. The majority of people are not on the cutting edge of technology or interested in it until it penetrates the mainstream consciousness. DVD, the name, is a brand. Same thing with CDs/ vinyl. The name recognition is not to be overlooked.

The physical representation of the media is always better than the digital. Even though I rip them, I still buy CDs (sometimes vinyl), because I love the physical aspect of it. I even get perturbed when there isn't a physical accompaniment to an album release. However, I still use that iPod like there is not tomorrow. I also like having CDs/ DVDs/ physical media as a fail safe.
I agree Im a mixture of both. For 90 percent of movies an HDrip is cool with me but if I want to own a movie I want the best picture and sound with 7.1 HD master Audio to work out my sound system.