How is peacock SO FUKKIN GARBAGE

Is peacock the WOAT major streaming platform? (Tubi or higher)

• Yes

Votes: 43 68.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • osu sucks

Votes: 10 15.9%

• Total voters

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
The navigation for prime is trash but when playback is on, it’s probably the best. I like customizing the subtitles.

outside of Saved by The Bell reboot and Girls5Eva, I don’t watch anything on peacock.

We Are Lady Parts was a great show they have on there. 6 episode comedy about a Muslim metal/rock band with all girl members. Worth a watch

The Office Superfan Episodes are also great if you watch it. All deleted scenes are seamlessly edited back in a way that improves episodes

Not sure if you watch reality TV, but they started a good strategy for a Below Deck. You get the newest season that is running episodes one week earlier than TV broadcast

They also have a few exclusive real housewives series to gain subscribers.

RennisDeynolds

Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Disney+ is an absolute tier above everyone for video and audio. First, the fact that they rescanned all of the star wars movies and other film content into 4k, so they look absolutely masterful. Return of the Jedi and Empire look significantly better than today's films in 4k. I really need film rescans to become a norm rather than upscaling. I am begging for a 4k rescan of 2001 space odyssey [not disney related but i need it]. And almost everything disney is 4K HDR10 UHD DOLBY/ATMOS/ETC highest end out the gates.

I'd put Prime and netflix on par for 4k...prime has more old stuff, netflix has more new stuff in 4k especially series.

HBO is hit or miss...their new 4k HDR stuff is outstanding (films). but most is not.

When I watch shows like Love Life or the Flight Attendant I can just tell the fidelity is too high to be just 1080p.

Doesn't make sense give us that free 4k HDR. I just never liked Netflix charging so much more for 4k they put out oo much garbage anyway I cancelled my sub 6 months ago wish I did it way earlier tbh

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Prime Video’s UI is so :trash: that most folks aren't even aware of its vast catalogue. It’s like they don’t want people to find anything on there. Every time I introduce my friends to the actual app, their faces are full of disbelief.
I noticed that they now play trailers when you hover over titles for long enough like Netflix. The issue is, the IQ is low res and the scaling on the screen isn't dynamic. So the trailer is playing but it's only displayed at the top of the screen with the rest of the UI looking the same as it always has.

I've noticed that with Prime, you end up seeing a lot of interesting stuff or stuff that you wouldn't of seen by looking through the suggestions/related to sections after you watch something. They highlight their original content the worse out of anything I've used tho.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
We Are Lady Parts was a great show they have on there. 6 episode comedy about a Muslim metal/rock band with all girl members. Worth a watch

The Office Superfan Episodes are also great if you watch it. All deleted scenes are seamlessly edited back in a way that improves episodes

Not sure if you watch reality TV, but they started a good strategy for a Below Deck. You get the newest season that is running episodes one week earlier than TV broadcast

They also have a few exclusive real housewives series to gain subscribers.
I forgot about that. I watched that too. Definitely liked it.

I don't care for the Office Superfan eps because I like the original finished product, but I will check it.

I am out on Reality TV.

RennisDeynolds

Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I forgot about that. I watched that too. Definitely liked it.

I don't care for the Office Superfan eps because I like the original finished product, but I will check it.

I am out on Reality TV.

the superfan episodes are improve on already classic early season episodes of the office. I only saw the first 3 seasons, but they dropped season 4 of the superfan edits on Jan 1 2022. they too sporadic but they cant blow the load on their most valuable tv property

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If I wasn't getting Peacock for free because I have Comcast as my Internet provider I wouldn't even think about paying for it.
I prolly get it for free too. Is it free for Comcast/Xfinity internet customers?

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I prolly get it for free too. Is it free for Comcast/Xfinity internet customers?

yeah. that's how I'm getting it free too.

I'm not sure if you gotta call before hand, but I think if you just login/create a peaCOCK account w/ your comcast email, it'll link automatically to the paid tier.

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
i don't know if thats true, and that ain't enough to make it success. WWE brought a million subscribers to it, and it was their biggest success so far. It will stay afloat because nobody has more money to burn than comcast
Only reason I got it was for Wwe. I did just start the new Macgruber series and it is :ehh:

Other than that Peacock is pretty garbage

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Do they carry the Cosby show? It was on NBC so was A Different World
Think the distribution rights are not owned by nbc…its why seinfeld isnt on there. Sony owns the rights.

i mostly use peacock for random shyt and the show Psych…but getting it for free from comcast so i csnt really complain:yeshrug:

but worst UI and controlling (rewind/ff etc)streaming service i have ever used.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Disney+ is an absolute tier above everyone for video and audio. First, the fact that they rescanned all of the star wars movies and other film content into 4k, so they look absolutely masterful. Return of the Jedi and Empire look significantly better than today's films in 4k. I really need film rescans to become a norm rather than upscaling. I am begging for a 4k rescan of 2001 space odyssey [not disney related but i need it]. And almost everything disney is 4K HDR10 UHD DOLBY/ATMOS/ETC highest end out the gates.

I'd put Prime and netflix on par for 4k...prime has more old stuff, netflix has more new stuff in 4k especially series.

HBO is hit or miss...their new 4k HDR stuff is outstanding (films). but most is not.

Watching Return of The Jedi because of this post and this shyt is looking beautiful :whoo:

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Watching Return of The Jedi because of this post and this shyt is looking beautiful :whoo:
All 3 are amazing but Jedi even more so because of it being slightly more recent (better sets)

They actually make the prequels look bad in comparison because of so much digital film and that was filmed in 1080p

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
All 3 are amazing but Jedi even more so because of it being slightly more recent (better sets)

They actually make the prequels look bad in comparison because of so much digital film and that was filmed in 1080p

TFA got some outstanding visuals too... they may have upgraded that bih since release. i was :ohhh:

i refuse to watch the other two though because they so trash..