How ia Disney getting MCU right but can't get star wars right?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
:gucci:

Donner’s General Zod wasn’t based on any particular story or character. I think there was a character named Zod but it wasn’t anything like the movie

BRUH, he's beern around since the 60s as the general of the Kryptonian army.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I said there was a Zod. The movie version wasn’t based on that story.

The Winter Soldier story is 80% ripped from Brubakers story.

Show me how from the comics Donners Zod is like that 60s story

horizon

Superstar
Daps
I said there was a Zod. The movie version wasn’t based on that story.

The Winter Soldier story is 80% ripped from Brubakers story.

Show me how from the comics Donners Zod is like that 60s story
Silver Age[edit]
Dru-Zod is a megalomaniacal Kryptonian, in charge of the military forces on Krypton. He knew Jor-El, Superman's father, when Jor-El was an aspiring scientist. When the space program was abolished after the destruction of the inhabited moon Wegthor (engineered by renegade scientist Jax-Ur), he attempted to take over Krypton. Zod created an army of robotic duplicates of himself, all bearing a resemblance to Bizarro. He was sentenced to exile in the Phantom Zone for 40 years for his crimes. Zod was eventually released by Superman when his term of imprisonment was up. However, he attempted to conquer Earth with the superpowers his Kryptonian body acquired under the yellow sun (the source of Superman's own super-powers). With Zod's threat now obvious, Superman was forced to oppose him and ultimately returned him to the Zone.

:gucci:

horizon

Superstar
Daps
:francis::francis:

Nice. That’s still not the plot to Superman 2.
Trying to conquer earth is exactly what Zod and crew did after they got out of the phantom zone and realized they got stronger from earth's sun :gucci:

Why can't internet nikkas ever admit they were wrong :mjlol:

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Trying to conquer earth is exactly what Zod and crew did after they got out of the phantom zone and realized they got stronger from earth's sun :gucci:

Bruh is dumb

Stryker from X-Men films isn’t the same story and God Loves, Man Kills

But he’s still based off the same character

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA

I was wrong about Zod. Superman and Lois and the power plot wasn’t from the Zod story.

Read MFer. The Winter Soldier, Captain America and their plot was lifted from that run wholesale. Visually and so forth

Thor’s redesigns were lifted from the book unlike DC which changes the book to look like the movie.

Making a Polynesian Aquaman in the comics first like they did Nick Fury as a black man would have allowed them to gauge fan responses.

Last edited:

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The funny thing about this notion of them getting Star Wars "wrong" ignores the fact that they're printing money and critical praise. The nerdsphere doesn't like these movies, and that's proving to be super unimportant as they're caking. There's even a notion that fatigue has set in and Solo is going to be a flop...buuut projections have Solo as the biggest Memorial Day weekend opening ever.

If they DID have a plan, and that plan was to pivot Star Wars to a broader fanbase by effectively inserting a Disney Princess into the main role then it's a gigantic success. More women are watching/enjoying/investing in these movies than before and it's showing.

The vocal minority isn't hurting their pockets at all. And production of these movies have been a mess and they still keep on hitting.

It'll take a flop for them to address anything but Solo ain't it.

And if you think it'll be Episode 9 you're out of your mind. In the echo chamber of the blogosphere sure but the casual viewer has never been this into a Star Wars series.
Lol, they obviously must have paid for the favorable reviews, since TLJ was a terrible movie by anyones standards, except for the visuals. And this is not about alt-right cacs crying about female heros and diversity, it's about incoherent writting, bad pacing, plot holes and aimless character development.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Kathleen Kennedy isn’t good at her job. It’s that simple. Disney is lucky these Star Wars movies make bank regardless of her crappy decisions. Feige and Marvel Studios didn’t have that luxury in the beginning.
I think saying she isnt good at her job is kind of wrong. Lok at her credits on imdb :manny:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
:ehh: im actually impressed with this last series of films...i plan on catching that Solo joint...

The 1999-2005 run was ridculously bad imo....what Star Wars is now is a major come up.