How ia Disney getting MCU right but can't get star wars right?

tjax03

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Also...... Disney with Marvel has the luxury of years of source material to use and reconstruct.

Star Wars doesnt seem to have a solid direction for source material, they declined the ideas that George Lucas had and trying to go their own way and do their own thing.

Martha
Thats problem number 1

There is ton of expanded universe lore to pull from yet they chose not to.

So plan B was to “wing it”

That sounds like zero direction to me.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Star Wars is a money grab, plain and simple. All movies are if we're being honest, but the MCU is a money grab fitted with a great story and great character development.

And the best of the 3 (Rogue One) made the least amount of money.

I didn't go see The Last Jedi and I probably won't go see Solo.

I would've rather they made a dedicated sith vs. jedi, clone wars type movie. Vader vs. different Jedi. His quest to find Obi.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They have no vision of what they want to do. They do Star Wars because it is a well known, lucrative franchise, not because they want to tell a story. That's the main difference to the MCU and that's also why the dcu doesn't work. They want to copy a successful formula, but they don't understand why it works. Of course Marvel wants to make money, but the mcu is mainly driven by the desire to tell a story and flesh out their characters, they have a plan and stick to it. With Star Wars on the other hand, Disney tried to play it safe and basically redit a new hope when they did FA. They got criticised for it, panicked and tried to do everything different with tlj. But since they had no vision, they went overboard and produced a shytty movie that didn't make sense and had no direction.
Exactly this.

Plus what people are missing about Marvel having a plan is, they're drawing from and translating established source material to the screen. We not talking super old shyt either. The stories in MCU movies mostly draw from comic stories that ain't even 20 years old.(ex Civil War came out in 06)

So when nikkas say Marvel had a plan, understand that they had a PLAN, and stuck to that shyt. Then you look at the flipside and see TFA vs TLJ and see that they clearly made a ton of reactionary changes that the movies suffer for

Everything we seeing now was announced in 2012 my nikka:wow:

Last edited:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Marvel Comics gives them a testing ground for new ideas.

The Winter Soldier isn’t a wholesale creation like General Zod was.

Star Wars is whatever they want after the OT and PT. That’s why the cartoons do well cause they have a framework from the movies to contain them.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
There's no story to Star Wars

It's not going anywhere

If the Rebels or whatever defeat the New Empire or whatever...

Are the next generation of Empire mfs gonna put up a new dude in a black helmet and put together another Death Star. This time one that's the size of a star

Meanwhile... the whole Avengers shyt is going places. From Stark building IM in the first place to fukcing up in Avengers 2 and causing the team to split. To what I can only guess is some game changing losses in Avengers 3 (haven't seen it yet).

And I fukcing LOVE all these characters. I so care what happens to them.

Cause I have 10 years of QT with them. Which was clearly on purpose.

Iono.

They need to come up with a story for Star Wars that's engaging and unexpected. Forget about this light/dark Skywalker drama. In fact. If you could kill Vaders moms when she was 15, alot of shyt would have been avoided in this galaxy.

Luke made Kylo Ren and got like 6 more planets fukced up even after they stopped Vader.

I don't like them. They are doin it wrong. It's like walking dead how they keep going in circles.

It's kinda boring. All they have is nostalgia.

MCU is the opposite of nostalgia. Almost all the characters are unknowns to the average viewer in 2007. They MADE Cap and IM nostalgic.

And now we get to see how it plays out.

Maybe using the EU shyt from SW would have been the move. I liked some of that stuff (only read synopses)

AnotherRoute

Just another post by
Daps
Reppin
BR..O..OK...LYN
Another think about the new star wars movie they don’t feel like they serve any purpose, whats so ever. Rouge One served a purpose because of the tie in to the movies the og 3
But the new additions 7 and 8 serve no purposes. I can’t clearly tell what they are fighting for.