How ia Disney getting MCU right but can't get star wars right?

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Abrams was using proper EU and even had a lightsaber duel.

Rian Johnson fukked it all up, mainly because he's not a fan of the series, and biggest he didn't like Abrams to begin with. Hence we get that "Jedi" movie that had Jake Skywalker instead of Luke, in it.

Rogue One dominates both.

LMAO, ya'll are nuts lol

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
I feel bad for y’all that aren’t feeling the Star Wars shyt :mjgrin:As someone that loved both FA and TLJ, I’ve been eating the last few years with nerd shyt. I just gotta shrug at the people that are being let down:manny:
Facts

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I don't think The Last Jedi was great but it had some great parts to it. One thing that rubs me the wrong way about the new trilogy is all the fan service. Man what the fukk. Enough of the call backs and old timers getting one more match. It's like WWE bringing back Undertaker or HHH for another year. Stop it. :hhh:

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
They are letting Marvel people handle Marvel. Star Wars keeps swapping out its handlers.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Marvel Comics gives them a testing ground for new ideas.

The Winter Soldier isn’t a wholesale creation like General Zod was.

Star Wars is whatever they want after the OT and PT. That’s why the cartoons do well cause they have a framework from the movies to contain them.
:what:

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
to answer the OP... the person who is in charge sucks bigtime!!! :scust:

Yeah, crazy that Kennedy and co. didn't have an outline at the very least for the new trilogy.:mindblown:

She just let JJ do whatever and then was cool when ryan was like "fukk that, i'm doing something else:krs:"

then bringing on directors and dismissing them for what they're know for:kobehaha:

She's (and disney) are fukked when they've stripped the corpse of the original trilogy.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
The funny thing about this notion of them getting Star Wars "wrong" ignores the fact that they're printing money and critical praise. The nerdsphere doesn't like these movies, and that's proving to be super unimportant as they're caking. There's even a notion that fatigue has set in and Solo is going to be a flop...buuut projections have Solo as the biggest Memorial Day weekend opening ever.

If they DID have a plan, and that plan was to pivot Star Wars to a broader fanbase by effectively inserting a Disney Princess into the main role then it's a gigantic success. More women are watching/enjoying/investing in these movies than before and it's showing.

The vocal minority isn't hurting their pockets at all. And production of these movies have been a mess and they still keep on hitting.

It'll take a flop for them to address anything but Solo ain't it.

And if you think it'll be Episode 9 you're out of your mind. In the echo chamber of the blogosphere sure but the casual viewer has never been this into a Star Wars series.