How ia Disney getting MCU right but can't get star wars right?

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They have no vision of what they want to do. They do Star Wars because it is a well known, lucrative franchise, not because they want to tell a story. That's the main difference to the MCU and that's also why the dcu doesn't work. They want to copy a successful formula, but they don't understand why it works. Of course Marvel wants to make money, but the mcu is mainly driven by the desire to tell a story and flesh out their characters, they have a plan and stick to it. With Star Wars on the other hand, Disney tried to play it safe and basically redit a new hope when they did FA. They got criticised for it, panicked and tried to do everything different with tlj. But since they had no vision, they went overboard and produced a shytty movie that didn't make sense and had no direction.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also...... Disney with Marvel has the luxury of years of source material to use and reconstruct.

Star Wars doesnt seem to have a solid direction for source material, they declined the ideas that George Lucas had and trying to go their own way and do their own thing.

Martha
Apparently KK let Johnson discard the treatment for all 3 movies which is crazy for a trilogy

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I feel like they’re doing to much Star Wars movies
Like do we really need a Han Solo movie
I'd rather see Solo than Ant-Man and the Wasp.

But yeah I have more star wars fatigue after only 3 years than decades of comicbook films.

It's weird

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Marvel has more experience :manny: They figured out how to adapt. I ranked all of the movies in this order

Infinity War 1
Black Panther 2
Captain America Winter Soldier 3
Guardians Of the Galaxy 4
Captian America Civil War 5
Thor Ragnarok 6
Spiderman Homecoming 7
Dr Strange 8
Iron Man 9
The Avengers 10
Ant-Man 11
Age of Ultron 12
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 13
Thor 14
Iron Man 2 15
Thor The Dark World 16
Captain America 17
Iron Man 3 18
The Incredible Hulk 19

Just about every Phase 3 movie is in the top 10. Winter Soldier and GOTG are in the top 5 because they were game changers.

Marvel has learned to adapt, but it wasn't an overnight thing. It was gradual.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because they brought the Skywalkers back when there was no need since that story was already wrapped pretty much